August DPs

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

August DPs

Post by Jessi »

I never get to make the actual DP thread xD well, here they are:

Arteest Plushie Image

Leo Plushie Image

Rumi Beanbag Image

Fantine Sticker (...apparently this is the baker chick. I couldn't even tell) Image

Splash of Color Sticker (and this one I don't even think looks like a sticker...) Image

Leonine Image

Peridot Image (I assume it'll turn into a minion, but SubetaHQ doesn't seem to have the info.)

Almighty Pen Image

Peridot Shield Image

And here are the wearable items:

Cheery Gladiolus Pins Image

Cloak of Summer Image

Corn Poppy Charm Image

Shaggy Leo Wig Image

Strange Music Image (apparently August is national Music Month XD)

Urban Leo Jacket Image

..I'm actually really disappointed in a lot of these. I love the wearable version of the Leo Jacket but I think the item version itself looks really bad - like a jacket splattered with blood instead of one with a fun design. The corn poppy charm is so small and boring on the avatar. I'm mostly disappointed by the stickers - the paint one is a pretty item, but it just doesn't LOOK like a sticker to me. And I don't understand WHY a sticker of the baker was included as a DP - a bad sticker at that. Like I said, I couldn't even tell that's who it was. Maybe I'm just bitter because I hate that NPC with her giant floating ass, but whatever. Or because I think it's lame a sticker was included of her, but there was no Leo sticker O_o And the wig is okay, but so huge, I can't see myself using it much.

I think the strange music is cute, and I could actually see me using it on a few avatars, heh. I LOVE the arteest plushie, will need that one. And I love the cheery pins, but mostly because Galena has an item just like that in RO, so I need those too xD Overall though, I'm not too impressed. Which is fine with me.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: August DPs

Post by Wingsrising »

Hmm, I like the Leonine and the Cloak of Summer. Otherwise I'm also underwhelmed. Which is good as last month I bought WAY too many DP items.
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

Post by Erstin »

I'm actually glad that I won't be spending too much this month :D And a bit disappointed too because I was expecting some nicer wearables.
I love the Arteest Plushie so I'll get that for sure and Leo plushie and Leonine are pretty cute but not sure if I'll buy those. And I may get the Music sheet and cloak of summer too, but that's all. :)
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Phew. Count me in for "after last month, these are kind of a relief."

I like the cloak of summer, mostly because orange is my favourite colour, and I might get the peridot, but there's nothing this month making me go "MUST HAVE" in my head. xD
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I find myself looking forward more to new Mysterious Costume Trunk sets than DPs wearables wise lately. I haven't wanted anything badly from a DP since as far as... May, and even than it was just one item. Only one item in April as well. March was a last month where there was over 5 must-haves (which was almost a default before).

I'll just need Arteest Plushie (so cute!) and maybe Leonine this time.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Honestly, I think donation presents are a perfect example of how the site's become ALL about the wearables. I miss all the minions there used to be in DPs. or just all the fun items. Now they try to get as many wearables as possible, and... to be honest, they're usually not very good. It's stuff that'd make more sense in a shop than in something you have to pay cash for.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I guess I am in the minority for once on this. I love almost every single item. I love , love, love the Arteest Plushie and was really happy when that was the first thing I got! The Leo Plushie, Peridot, Splash of Colour Sticker (did anybody else notice the spelling?), Almighty Pen(treasure chest), Strange Music (also treasure chest) and the Leonine are all must haves for me. The Cloak of Summer is pretty and I would like to get it, but if I don't I'll live.

The shield, beanbag and corn poppy charm hold no interest for me whatsoever. The Fantine Sticker is really ugly (I hate saying that as I know the artist probably worked hard on it) and I was really really disappointed when I got one in the last DP I opened.

I was very very happy to get the Jacket in my second DP as I love how it looks on the HA. I hope they come out with more jackets in that style! The Gladiolus Pins are really pretty, but I can't tell from the overlays exactly where on the HA they go. Does anybody know?

Oh, and I also got the Peridot Shield if anybody is interested in trading for something else.

Overall, this batch held lots of interesting items and I quickly added a bunch to my wishlist. Now I just need to sell my unwanted ones and wait for the prices to settle down on some of the others. :)
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Shaelyn, they go on the 'hat' layer, I think, but they're actually on the side of the head, kind of above where the ear would be? It's kind of hard to explain xD i'll have to make an avatar with them later.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I'm glad I really don't like most of these items. I still haven't bought all the ones I wanted from last month's batch.

I think the only one I actually want is the shield, since I need it for my gallery. :|
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I've already added four of this month's items to my wishlist. The only think I really "need" is the Arteest Plushie for Sioe's Gallery, but I love how that jacket and Strange Music look on the HAs, and I really like the pen for some inexplicable reason.

ETA: According to the forums, the Peridot turns into a P... beaten by Seerow. :p
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 01 Aug 2008 05:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I actually love most of the items this month too :) The only ones I really don't want are the bake shop girl sticker (hate her as a NPC, don't want her as a sticker), Beanbag (again, hate the npc), and the sheet music.

I'm happy I didn't get any doubles with the 9 dps I opened. I do need to pick up three Peridots though, which are likely going to be expensive.
The Peridot turns into this:
Periliot
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Thanks for the clarification on the Pins Jessi! Some overlays are obvious as to where they go on the HA, but some confuzzle me.

The Periliot is really cool looking, but the green glow makes him look radioactive or something.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I spent way, way too much on DPs last month (and got at least 5 attacking crabs... bleh... must do some saving) and like fewer of these, quite gladly. I got two Cheery Gladiolus Pins in the 6 DPs I opened, so kept one and am selling the other. I'd also rather like the Urban Leo Jacket, which I see as being the expensive item this month, alongside the Strange Music, Cloak of Summer and Peridot. I did get a Peridot, but their prices are quite high at the moment, so hopefully I'll manage to sell it soon and they'll deflate reasonably in time.
Subeta: Thomas
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I'm actually kinda disappointed by the Periliot. Other minions from jewels are usually extremely shiny and are the same color as the jewel they came from (Saphite, for instance), whereas this one is just a mini lion with a random green glow. :/
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I'll probably keep an eye on the price of the Leo Plushie to see if it drops to a decent price. Other than that, I quite like the HA art for the jacket but I'm not sure if I'd use it much. Some of the other items are nice but not essential, which is fine by me seeing as I'm stingy with my SP.