Question about multis (it's not "can you have them")

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Question about multis (it's not "can you have them")

Post by WisteriaLynx »

I have a possibly very dumb question regarding Subeta accounts and how multis are kept track of (mostly because I'm computer-illiterate for anything beyond WordPad and basic internet function, and even the wiki of this stuff is too confusing for me)... if I access Subeta through a hotel's internet connection, and some other player accesses through the same connection, would we be considered as possible multis? In other words, does Subeta track account access through individual computers, or through network connections?

I'm going on vacation, so I'd like to know if I have to bother a UA or not. :)
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Question about multis (it's not "can you have them")

Post by Jessi »

I don't think that'll be a problem - first, i'm sure the chances of someone else in the same hotel using Subeta is very slim. But (and I may be wrong), I'd like to think if the UAs saw two users with the same IP (..does hotel wifi have the same IP for every room?), they'd check to see where it was coming from, first. If you're real concerned, I'd contact a UA anyway - they're very nice - but I wouldn't worry about it. I've used Subeta in a hotel room with no problem.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Thank you, Jessibean. :) I smailed someone - just in case, seeing as Murphy's law hates me more than anyone else I know. xD
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

I would think that the accounts would have to be exhibiting multi behaviour for there to be a problem, and anyway, the UAs are really good at examining these things. I wouldn't worry about getting unfairly frozen, but it was probably a good idea to smail someone anyway. :)
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Sayle wrote:I would think that the accounts would have to be exhibiting multi behaviour for there to be a problem
Just asking: what would be considered multi-behavior? In my home four of us play, although lately my husband and I play more than our daughters and we certainly don't want to do anything that could get us in trouble.
Enigma on Subeta... how creative!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

One obvious example:

Four accounts from the same IP. All of them do wiz quests. All accounts send all tokens to one of the four. I.e., four accounts abusing the quest limit and making more tokens than should be possible.
Image Image
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Thanks Angharad I see how that would make sense. Luckily the three of us who do the wizard quests love our tokens too much to share. LoL
Enigma on Subeta... how creative!