Reading Drive shop open

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Re: Reading Drive shop open

Post by shaelyn76 »

Tom, I feel that the very few people who donated every single book available should have gotten something special like a trophy or maybe a Reading Contest Trading card. Even having a 500 point level prize would have been better than how it is now for them. From what I read on the Subeta forums, they were a bit peeved that they donated above and beyond what others did and yet they got no recognition. Once Keith added their usernames to the news post most seemed a bit happier at least. I can understand why they were upset, but at the same time I can see how they were never guaranteed anything special for donating all 526(Is that the right number?)books and really should not have expected to get anything out of it other than great prizes...which they did as the prizes are really cool.

I think it would have been really cool to have trophies for everyone like the RS ones that show how many books you donated underneath them. Even having a top ten list would have appeased some of the big quantity donation guys I think.

In the end though...Keith never said there would be anything special for people who donated every single book available onsite and people shouldn't have assumed that there would be something special for that. But it still would have been nice if he could have done something more than post them in the news as they really did spend millions upon millions to do what they did. I guess I'm still stuck on the fence on this one since I can see it from both sides.

I still say the prizes are amazing and I am so happy I donated as much as I did. I wish I had donated about 100 more though so I could afford to pick my top 5 prizes instead of agonizing over which to forgo.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I loved it!

I got a Key of Secrets, which I quickly sold for 15M.

I also got the Blue wand and the War Journal. (The 65 point book)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I have absolutely no idea what to spend my 300 points on :( I wanted some of the items to be wearable that aren't, the Pile of Spice, Analeptic Alzebo, and Waxy Claw mainly, but I'm still hopeful that they may someday. I think I'll wait a bit and see how prices turn out and buy the things that end up being fairly cheap.

Edit: Bah, a lot of the lower end prizes aren't even for sale in user shops yet.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I went ahead and bought the Analeptic Azelbo for Niendis' treasure, the Mechanical Hound for Dreadwing's treasure, and my last few points on a Yellowed Photograph because I kind of like it.

I wish the had some one point items to waste my last two points. Oh well. I'll remember to hoard books now. The reason I got so many this time is that I kept pumping tokens into the machines that gave books and giving all of the ones that weren't expensive to the drive. XD
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I changed my mind about playing the waiting game and went ahead and spent my points on the key and Grendel. I'm waiting to see if the dust or azelbo become wearable before I cash in my last 15 points.
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

well they added the Reading Drive Trading Card for 1 point for all those who had those pesky last couple of points to spend. Personally I would have liked to see a couple 2 or 3 point items as well since not everyone donated an even number of books. yay for new trading card though!
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

Post by Erstin »

Oh my so many lovely stuff! <3 I wish I had donated at least 25 more books.
I've bought the Pretty Little Fool Box and have only 100 points left. I really have no idea what to get, I want too many items! x.x
The only thing I'm sure is that I have to get the Strips of Stitched Hide that comes in that orc trunk. I'm just hoping someone will sell that later but I'll prepare myself to give an arm and a leg in the process.
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

These prizes are amazing! I wish I had 5 more points so I could get my top three items. Ah well, at least I know to try harder next time, I only donated 105 books.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Well, I went ahead and (probably, but we'll see) overspent on a Blue Glowing Wand, which is what I really needed.

I'm torn about the Key of Secrets vs Mockingbird. The Key of Secrets has a use (versus Mockingbird, which doesn't -- probably not even for treasure in my case) but that background, though lovely, is really darn busy. Also, you can buy Key of Secrets while, at the moment, there are no Mockingbirds for sale. Plus I really like mockingbirds. :-)

I still wish I'd racked up more than 54 points. Dammit.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Ugh, mockingbirds not being available in any shops is killing me x__X I really need one for Kuriko's treasures, but... meh ;_;
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Echoing the sentiments about the damned Mockingbird. There's actually one in shops now for 40m but that's obviously insanely overpriced. ._. If that starts screwing up what other people will accept then I'm going to be pissed off.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Yeah, the prices aren't falling as fast as I hoped :( Everything is 40 million, 20 million . . .
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

The Sleapibebemaus was down to around 5 mil last night in user shops, but apparently those were all bought up and now it is back up around 40 mil :( I knew I should have just splurged and bought one yesterday. I'm starting to wonder exactly how many people actually participated in the contest. If there weren't all that many people who donated a decent amount of books, then these prizes are going to stay astronomically expensive.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I guess I'm just used to Neo where all the lower level prizes are usually very very cheap. Its kind of sad to see that I won't be able to get a lot of those prizes by buying them (or at least without spending a large amount of sp).

I found the pile of spice in a shop for 1.3 mill and snapped that up quickly a day or two ago, haven't seen any for sale since. Aisek needed it for his treasure, so I'm thrilled I found one buyable.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.