(Old) Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
covet

Re: Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

Post by covet »

I.. like the new one more? The long neck of the old always bothered me.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

covet wrote:I.. like the new one more? The long neck of the old always bothered me.
Me too and I always felt it was a bit inconsistent with all the other blob kitty/creature items because the proportions didn't seem right.
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I like the new blob kitty, something about the old one has always bothered me, not to mention this one is more consistent with the other blob kitties.

I also love the saber. I remember being a little disappointed to see something so old and plain looking going into the millionaire center. Now it looks like it fits with the idea of the millionaire center. Of course this means I have another expensive item added to my wishlist.
Image Image Image Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I preferred the older blob kitty. It was just all dopey and cute looking. Now the pumpkin is so tiny and it just doesn't elicit an "Awwww" from me when I look at it like the older one did. I get that they most likely wanted it to match the other blob minions better, but I feel in this particular case it took something away from the minion and it is much less appealing now.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

...yeah, I like the new one better, too. The old one was cute, but it didn't look much like a Blob Kitty and always looked kind of out of place in Vulpion's treasures. And that teeny little pumpkin is soooo cute! :3
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I wish they would have made the old one some other kind of minion, since it didn't really LOOK like a blob kitty. That would have been nice ;_;
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Image Image Image Image

Seems like the pumpkin plushies had a face lift. I find them much better now. The old are was just, blah. They look all squishy now, I love them! I think I'll be keeping all the extra ones I have now. I know I'm missing a couple of others but I"m not sure which ones. These are the only ones in my vault.

Edit: Found them!
Image Image

The kitty one looks weird now.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I don't like them. Now they look like pumpkin shaped garbage bags filled with not enough leaves or something.
imperiioburton

Post by imperiioburton »

I agree with Joey. I thought they were cuter before but now... they look more miss-shapen. Still, I need them for my gallery so they'll have to stay but I'm not entirely happy with how they look *sighs*
I go by many names... but not really. :D
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I have to agree with Joey as well, i really don't like them =/ I thought they looked weird the other day, but I ignored it... now that I've seen them all, I'm not too impressed. They look really... odd
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage

The Free Shop NPC got a revamp, and it actually looks pretty good for a NPC. BUT ARG FLOATING TORSO.
And he looks very very blurry. Like he was drawn huge and resizing it too small screwed it up.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

WHY is it so hard for the artists to give the NPCs full torsos and legs?

WHY?

I want to like it and think its cute, but i'm just irritated. JUST GIVE IT SOME LEGS AND CUT THE IMAGE OFF EVENLY ALREADY>
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

It's nice, but the skin is WAY to shiny. It's so shiny it looks like plastic, or like he just waxed his whole body then moisturized. Blech.

I also agree with Jessi. Why can't they just give the chars. a torso or legs? Is it really so hard to do that?? Floating chars on white bg's are very, very annoying.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

He is cute and a lot better then the old NPC. I have to agree with not likeing the floating torso. They have a few NPCs that don't have floating torsos and they look great! What's so bad with adding a bit of waist and leg. Now looking at the king here I think that he's leaning on something so you wouldn't be able to see his lower half anyway. But then they could of drawn a desk or whatever he's leaning on to fix the whole floating thing.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Obviously he's playing with portals

ಠ_ಠ
Image Image
ImageImage