(Old) Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

(Old) Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

Post by Alicorn »

The stickers shopkeeper is trying to hard to be and out there odd charater person. I mean I like the idea of her but something about her puts me off. Maybe it's just the way she's drawn.
The accessory shopkeeper I find pretty cute. I like the little tattoo on her arm. I don't like that they did the whole no legs thing again. Just doesn't do it for me. What's so wrong with drawing legs, even if they fade off or something. Defently when they have an item hanging below the waist, bah!
The seedling girl I find hot! She is defently one of my fav shopkeepers. She fits so well into the shop. I love the freckles, the way she is dress and the bit of dirt on her. The tatto is a nice touch too.
The minions shopkeeper scares me. She is just..eep! And now Huggles mention it, she does look like a guy in bad drag. Now she shall be forever a drag queen to me.

The new lasirus beanbags are cute. a lot better then they were before.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Elzaim

Re: Revamped Items, Minions, Etc. Part 2

Post by Elzaim »

I can't quite remember if these have been put up before (so forgive me if they have!), but I just noticed them today and thought that they were new:

Sole Train NPC:

Carnival Stand NPC:

Icy Goods NPC:

Balloon Hunt NPC:

Fair Grounds NPC:
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Icy goods is old. I like the fair grounds guy... maybe I just like guys with dice. I want Setzer.

I wonder why the trend seems to be making shopkeepers terrifying? That carnival stand guy is likely to give me nightmares.
Image Image
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

The Balloon Hunt and Fairground NPCs are both really nice! There are a couple of things about Mr. Green that bug me, like the eye area and how the hat fits, but the conjoined twins are just plain awesome.
Image Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Beautiful floating torsos! D: AAHH!
Image Image
ImageImage
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I love the Balloon Hunt girls! They are old school carnies at their best. They are creepy and yet somehow provocative all at once. That and I love their hair...very Pippi Longstockings. The Sole Train lady and Mr.Green are odd in a way I don't find appealing at all, but the Carnival Stand guy is funny and seems appropriate. I am happy to see the fair Grounds getting some love though.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Fair grounds guy is the only one I like. The balloon hunt one is amusing at least.
The others I'll just pretend don't exist.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

The Balloon Hunt NPC is reminding me of those extremely politically incorrect Siamese cats from the original Lady and the Tramp. Because the term that came to mind was "Siamese" and because they have those green eyes and are looking at you evilly.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

The balloon hunt twins are awesomely creepy <3 And the dice guy is hot :P
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Ok, so the carnival stand one is a little boy. BUT, he's apparently made out of wood and decided to wear a mustache to get around child labor...puppet laws? The balloon hunt twins are weird not because they're conjoined, but because I think their bottom half is made up of tentacles. The fair grounds dude reminds me of Uruhara, I think it's the hat, so I at least like his design. Although I don't think there should be a line dividing the thumb from the rest of the hand. The sole train chick is too pointy, and oddly enough, kinda forgettable.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I actually really like the Sole Train girl. She's the only one with missing legs that looks like she is leaning over a counter - so you shouldn't be able to see her legs.

I think it's because she is pretty but I imagine her as kind of clumbsy and wrapped up in shoe laces all the time. I really like the ribbion/lace around her neck. And she is wearing a tape measure around her arm! That is a cool little detail for when she is measureing your foot and fitting your shoes.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oooo I'm likeing the new shopkeepers/game keepers.
Ballon Hunt NPC is really cool. I like that they did the ord carnie theme witht he conjoined twins. They are very cool looking and I love the way they did their hair.
I really like the looks of the Dice Game NPC. I like the creepy look to him. It works for a guy working at a carnival wanting to take you for all your worth and more. I like the addition of the scare on his mouth.
I like how the carnival stand NPC is a little boy in disguise. It's a cute idea. The boy pretends to be a grown up to sell the goods and then get to eat all he wants later. Or as Huggles says get around the child labor laws. Either way it works.
The sole train NPC is my least favorite of the bunch. Not a big fan of the shoe as a hat. But I really like the way her face looks and I love her hair.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

oh. my. god.

I went to check out some stuff on my wishlist - was gonna buy myself some - and I saw this. The very first item on my wishlist. A spixi.

...This breaks my heart. It was an item I would probably never, ever get but I absolutely loved the way it looked, thought it was one of the prettiest items on the site... and I think this revamp is awful. It's no longer sleek and beautiful. Just fat. Very fat. With flabby, sausage-like arms.

I don't even have a copy of the old image, so if anyone does, and wants to pass it along, I will love you forever. But... I just... meh... *removes from wishlist* Sigh.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Re: Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

Post by zebru »

Here you go Jessi:

Image The image is from minionmatch.

I can completely relate because same thing happened to me today upon opening my gallery and finding this garish green, stomach spilling intruder:

*removes from a gallery with a shudder*

I so loved the old Giggle Monster and went to great lenghts to obtain it at the time. Damn.

Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

Post by Huggles »

I like the new ones better, on both counts. The giggle monster looked like something I drew, which would have been okay if they were going to make it a scribble minion.