September 2008 DPs

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

September 2008 DPs

Post by Erstin »

September 2008 Donation Presents:

Image - Scurvy Dog Plushie
Image - Big Fat Teddy Bear
Image - Dragon of Autumn
Image - Saphine
Image - Pigdove
Image - Sapphire Mahar Sticker
Image - Autumn Leaf Beanbag
Image - Rose Beanbag
Image - Rock on!
Image - Glowing Sapphire
Image - Pretty Pink Legeica Dollie
Image - Sapphire Encrusted Virgo Blade
Image - Sapphire Braid
Image - Autumn Rain
Edit: Glowing Sapphire and Pretty Pink Legeica Dollie are wearables too. :)

The wig, rain and fat teddy are a must have to me. :)
Last edited by Erstin on 31 Aug 2008 06:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: September 2008 DPs

Post by Jessi »

Ooh, the rain is very beautiful, I must have it. I like the Pigdove and Dragon of Autumn too, but most of the others are not must-haves for me. The Saphine in particular really confused me... I had to stare at it for a looong time to figure out what it was.

Also, the sticker didn't really look like a sticker to me, because it's missing that colored outline several of the other stickers have. That just... makes them more stickery xD
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

Post by Erstin »

You open your August 2008 Donation Present and find...
Sapphire Encrusted Virgo Blade! : :D

My last 250 cs from last month. I was debating if I should buy another DP (from last month) or wait for one of September. I'm actually glad with this one, looks nice on a HA too. :)
But now I gotta stalk my must have items prices :B

And I agree with you jessi, Saphine is weird I couldn't tell what it was at first too. Didn't like it one bit x.x Sticker is better, it has that shiny thing at least, so we can tell it is a sticker.
Last edited by Erstin on 31 Aug 2008 06:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The Autumn Leaf Beanbag is very disturbing to me. It... does not look like a leaf. I'll leave it there.
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

The only item that's really doing anything for me this month is Autumn Rain. Which is good for my bank account, I guess.

ETA: ...Ah, jeeze, thanks for corrupting that beanbag for me, Ty. :P
Rustyblu

Post by Rustyblu »

Johnnys Surprise!
Johnny was a boy that never had any patience. Every year in September, he would search for and peek at his birthday presents... Well, imagine his shock when his parents found out and switched that new deluxe battle Cadogre toy for a pretty pink Legeica doll! :o
Notes: September 2007 Donation Present Item

Pretty Pink Legeica Dollie
SUPRISE!
Notes: September 2008 Donation Present Item.

Haha does anyone remember that whole item-leaking issue? Even though it was a bad thing im glad they made something for it XD *feels special*
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Bah, I opened seven of them and got 3 of the fat teddies, 2 of the doves, the Scurvy Dog, and the sticker. The only one of those I want to keep is the Sticker.

This saddens me since I want just about every other item this month except the ones I want. And I have a feeling the ones I got aren't going to be selling for a whole lot. Hopefully I can sell/trade em before they get too low.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I think I need at least one of the Virgo blade (for Duskfeather's treasure, and maybe another for my wardrobe if the prices drop enough) and the Autumn Rain (which sucks since that's going to be an expensive one).

Other than that I think I'm good.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

My favorite is the Dove. :)

The Pirate Dog plushie is really cute as well! =D And so is the blade!
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Autumn Rain? Why not just make Bottled Rain Water wearable? The idea has been in the Suggestion Center for over a year. *grumblegrumble*

I'm beginning to think that the Suggestion Center is totally ignored. What about categories for vaults? That's been suggested forever too . . .

Back on topic, I need the Glowing Sapphire, Dragon of Autumn, Saphine, and Pigdove. Although I can't really see any pig-like features?
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I think pigdove is supposed to be pigeon + dove = pigdove :shock:

I don't why I bother with donation presents. I got the teddy bear which is only worth a million(already) so I won't be able to trade it for anything better. Too bad it's not wearable because it is quite cute.
Not all who wander are lost.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Autumn Rain? Why not just make Bottled Rain Water wearable? The idea has been in the Suggestion Center for over a year. *grumblegrumble*
To avoid people hoarding old items, I think :) There are tons of people who hoarded 200/300+ Bottled Rain Water for that.

EDIT: got the Legeica toy after one DP!
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I love the sapphire items, I will have to have them for Nerruse's treasure chest if nothing else.
Image Image Image Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I like several of the items this month. However the only real "must haves" for me this time around are the Rain, Glowing Sapphire and the Pigdove(for a treasure chest).

The Sapphire Braids are interesting, but I can see them being hard to work with.The Scurvy Dog Plushie may be added to my must haves depending on which way I go with a treasure chest idea. The Dragon of Autumn is beautiful and if the price falls enough I will most certainly pick one up, but the Saphine is just a big blue blob to me...I still can't really make out what it is supposed to be. Maybe a rabbit with wings? The Big Fat Teddy Bear is really cute and I would consider buying one if it too falls in price a bit more, but everything else is just kinda blah IMO.(Although that leaf beanbag will always get a snicker out of me especially after Ty's post here. I was thinking it and I'm glad I wasn't the only one.)

I have to say that I agree that the Bottled Rain Water would have been "better" to use as rain on the HA simply because it would complete the set(of bottled waters as wearables) and almost everyone would have a chance at getting it for the HA. As for people hoarding them, I really don't see why that would be a problem as it still restocks and is a low rarity, so most people could just RS it rather than pay any kind of inflated price the hoarders might try for the first few days. Also, I would be willing to bet that for every item on Subeta there is at least one player who hoards it either for Recycle Beast reasons, possible future wearable reasons or just the enjoyment of having a ton of an item they like. Why punish people for thinking ahead and keeping stuff in their vault or for collecting something that would only shoot up in price for a couple of days at most? Just my opinion on that whole deal.

Thanks for posting the list and previews guys!
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Ehhh, I sorta want the Autumn Rain, but beyond that, meh.

shaelyn, I totally agree with you about the Bottle Rain Water. I have one in my SDB, just waiting for it to be made wearable.