The Hair Salon

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: The Hair Salon

Post by mellaka »

Teera wrote:Well, after you choose the hairstyle you want, you should click the base color box. After you select a color for the base, the hair should show up. You may have to do this every time you choose one from the drop-down list.

Braids is actually a revamp, I think only Semblance and Beyu are new. Pretty much every hairstyle got a bit of an update(some of the shading and lineart on the original versions didn't gel with the new system, so they had to be re-shaded.)
Thanks, it works for me today. I did the same thing as yesteray but now am able to choose a hairstyle/color.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I've only messed with it a little as I have no desire to change my HA, but this is a really amazing new feature! I can't image all the work that went behind it.

I wish it was included in the actual wardrobe though, so I could change my hair/colors without having to guess to see if the style works right with my outfit. That's one of the most annoying things about HAs, the having to delete it to get new hair and not seeing how it matches with your clothes. I hope sometime in the future (or even upon its release) its included on the actual wardrobe page.

But regardless, I can see me having a lot of fun with this :D Its fun just messing around and seeing what looks nice together.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

What do the base high colour and low colour alter? I was looking at the screenshot posted on the previous page, and was suddenly curiously.
Subeta: Thomas
Teera

Post by Teera »

Base Low alters the shading. We found when we tried to do light hair colors, like white or blonde, it would come out very gray and dirty-looking. So, Alx made this for us, and basically it makes the shading lighter and colored.

Base High... well, I haven't gotten it to work, or at least I haven't noticed any difference when I've used it, but it could be me. It's supposed to do for highlights what Base Low does for shading.

EDIT: Oh, and Cyro? Here you go. :D
Last edited by Teera on 12 Sep 2008 07:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oooo this looks like it'll be a lot of fun! I like the idea of keeping the avatar you created and just changeing up the hair and I"m likeing how much it costs to, hehehe! I can't wait to get to play with this. The only thing I don't like is not haveing the clothes on when you go to make the hair. I sometimes like to make the hair match the outfits so this makes it a guessing game. I hope they change that later, like with the tanning salon. But other then that, I looks good fromt he screen shots. I can't wait to see it go live.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Riss

Post by Riss »

So *that* is where all of the awesome hair I've been seeing is coming from!

I can't wait until this is implemented for everyone, even if it ends up being expensive.
"Love is the fire of life, it either consumes or purifies."
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I can't seem to make it work, now that I'm finally wanting to actually try it.

I made the hair I wanted, saved it, then dressed as usual, saved my HA - and lo, my hair saved under everything, even though I had saved it as the third layer from the top.

So I tried dressing first, then adding hair on top, and when I saved the hair I was nekkid again.

*stabs*

I had hair I quite liked, and now I don't remember exactly how I got there.

Not that it matters, since I can't seem to wear it anyway, but I liked those hairs, dammits. >.>
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.