Subeta's Fourth Anniversary

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Subeta's Fourth Anniversary

Post by Joey »

Yeah, I haven't gotten any. Haven't been dedicating much time to it, but meh. I do hope the pumpkins will show up more then this.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'll let you all know first when I have stuff I don't plan to keep. :) I don't know if I'll have "OMG must have!" stuff, but I'll post just the same in a few days.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Is there anything specific anyone's looking for? I have everything I'm at all interested in. 'Course, I took a break to watch a movie and haven't seen any bags since I started refreshing again, but it's always possible I'll find some more!

My favorites are definitely Phor and the bunny plushies. I thought last year's bags were prettier--this one is a little messy.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The bunny plushies are fantastic; I'm hoping to find any of them. Although the pink one shows up as white in some ways (it's pink on my wishlist, but white when I search for it). Enriana wants a Phor. I can't believe how much those shot up in price! That makes so little sense. (Edit: She got her Phor, although I am informed that she wants lights now. I'm a handy typist for her!)
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I finally found one bag. Finally...after playing around for over 3 hours. I'm tired and cranky and seeing people posting how they have gotten 20+ bags in the forums is just making me even more cranky. That and seeing the trades where people have tens of items from the goody bags just makes me feel bitchy in general. Last year there were, what, 3 types of plushies, 3 beanbags, balloons and cake...right? There seems to be a huge selection of prizes this year and yet the chances of actually getting a bag has dropped drastically from what I have seen and read. Bleh...I'm going to bed before I find myself getting (more) pissy about this.

Good luck everyone who is still trying to find bags!
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I didnt get one. The end.
Image Image
ImageImage
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I got one. After an hour and a half of playing. It's going in my gallery - with my luck, I'll open it and it'll be something crappy. Next time I'm on, I'll probably buy the stuff I put on my wishlist.

Anniversaries are supposed to be FUN. Not lame.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

Yeah, I figure the people who found 20+ bags haven't budged from Subeta all day. Even when I'm online, I like to do other things, like check my email or talk to people or read political articles (which I do too much of lately...), which means I'm not refreshing as much as I theoretically COULD be doing.

And I noticed that about the pink bunny plushie! Someone offered me one in an early trade, and it was MUCH pinker than it had looked on my wishlist or on the subeta db. I'm not sure why it shows up as a white one there. I haven't checked recently, but the bunnies weren't too pricey the last time I looked, and I traded things like the big colored bows for all of mine. Hopefully they're still in the cheaper range, because they're adorable.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I've won 2 slots jackpots, had an Oracle quest and have nearly 1,000 page views since the last time I got a bag, grr. But seeing that some people haven't gotten any, I guess I shouldn't complain.

The main items I'm hoping to get are the Bonsey and Nightshade plushies, the books (I have one so far) and the wig. Maybe I'll see how prices are tomorrow.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I spent 12 hours at work today (with the occasional poke at Subeta) and somehow after 12 hours in front of the computer I wasn't inlined to spend hours and hours MORE in search of a bag.

So I have none. Such is life.

Perhaps I'll get one if they're still up tomorrow.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

After some on and off clicking around and doing some quests, I got a few bags. I kept one unopen for Daray's treasure chest. The rest I opened and got some nice things. A few cakes, bows, lights (speaking of which, what kind is Enriana wanting) and a few other things. So far nothing I really wanted. I broke down and bought a Thrae. It was going for 100k so I got it, loved it to much to wait and see if I got lucky, hehehe! Now my other big target is the confekitti, which I might just end up buying. Also looking to get the two stickers, four layer cake (rainbow stuff for Daray) and like others the phor.
I feel bad for those who haven't gotten a bag. I can see wanting them to be rare but it takes the fun out of the goodie bag. You just end up getting annoyed while hunting except getting excited. So I hope those who haven't gotten one yet gets one.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

I think it makes sense to make some of the items from the goody bags more rare, and thus more valuable, while keeping the rarity of the bags themselves much lower, so you can actually FIND them while clicking around the site. After a certain point, spending a few hours in a vain attempt to get a single bag starts to feel far more like work than an anniversary celebration. It's interesting to see that the Thrae has deflated again; I bought one at about 300k and then watched them inflate to over a million this afternoon.

Oh, and as far as I know, Enri only has the blue icicle lights and is interested in any colors.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

How about adding them as a temp free gift so everyone can at least get one?
Bif

Post by Bif »

I have a Celebrational Pink Bunny Plushie and Wunn from my second bag, after my first yieled two lolly pops. I started looking at 8:00am my time and just got back on at 6:45pm. So I'm not lucky, I just have a lot of time.

If anyone would like to trade for the pink or blue lights or the discarded candles wig, just let me know, PM me, post here or I am Bif425 on Subeta.

EDIT: I now also have the Celebrational White Bunny Plushie and Red Icicle Lights as well as the Celebrational Pink Bunny Plushie and Wunn
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I got nothings! I got bored of clicking around the site, granted, on top of all that, school work takes priority over a pet/social networking/avatar site.

I think all I wanted was one of the bunny plushies..and something else, I forget now.
Image Image
ImageImage