Subeta's Fourth Anniversary

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Re: Subeta's Fourth Anniversary

Post by Mayhem »

I've found I have more luck when I poke around on the site for a minute, then navigate away from Subeta for a little bit. When I click back onto the site, I get a bag more often than not.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Hmm, I just got the Free Gift - Fourth Anniversary Kumos Toy - in one of the goodie bags.

EDIT: Jeez, what a jerk! Someone on the forums has a Goodie Bag in their signature. When you click it, it leads you to a "You fed blahblah a Moondust!" Valneth page >_<

EDIT#2: DNA got mad that someone was using her clickables in such a manner, and Staff cleared the person's signature. They put it up again, and it was cleared again. Now the person has made a thread BRAGGING about what they did! ARGH.
Last edited by Sunwolf on 18 Sep 2008 03:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

My favorite part of the anniversary bags is trading items. It reminds me a little bit of the big giveaways, when everyone was swapping high-priced items without particularly caring about making a profit. I'm pretty sure I made a couple of trades that weren't necessary (I could have sold my item and bought the one I wanted for cheaper), but I like seeing both parties get an item they really want. Of course, no one wants to trade their Thrae or Phor for my remaining items (books, lights, and bows, mostly), so phooey. I should probably buy them before the end of the day if I don't find one in a bag before then, because I figure they'll inflate.

I've only picked up four or five bags, I think, but I was downtown for several hours and not refreshing on Subeta, so that seems reasonable. I still have 10 of last year's unopened bags in my vault...I probably won't be stockpiling any this time.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I can't say I'm happy with this years celebration :( I just spent close to 3 mill buying the items I wanted and hadn't received from bags yet. Free stuff given out to celebrate Suebta's birthday shouldn't cost on average 500k in shops. The discarded candles, which is a really cute wig, is priced at 50mill (which is overpriced, but you get the point).
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Oh, good lord. I should have bought the Phor earlier. Thrae has jumped to over a million, and Phor is pushing past 500k now. I'm glad I don't care for any other prizes I don't already have, because I haven't found a bag in hours.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Yeah I just played slots for more than a half hour, then did 40 wiz quests and didn't see one. I even wound up with mostly 5pt tokens since I diligently checked each page for the bags.

Edit: Add 30 Saggi quests to that list too ... and still not one bag.

Edit again: Oh wow! A Goody Bag! You slip it into your inventory ... finally got one tonight. But it took vending 200 tokens, fragging all the items i got and playing slots again. ... And my friend just finally got one too, so maybe it was broken.
Last edited by mellaka on 18 Sep 2008 03:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

So it isn't just me who has been clicking all over the friggin site and has yet to even see a Goodie bag much less get the chance to click on one? I lost about 10k on slots just hoping and waiting for a bag to show up(and yes, I was paging down and back up each time to make sure the bag wasn't at the bottom of the page), moved each of my slots prizes manually into my shop, checked the forums, played a couple of other games and I haven't gotten anything! I refuse to pay millions for what was a free prize. This anniversary seems to be a bust for those of us who, oh I don't know, have a life! I'm so sorry that I had to work 9 hours today and couldn't be on when the goody bags were apparently more plentiful.

On a more positive note...the artwork for the prizes is wonderful and they all are things I would want to own.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Three hours of diligent clicking and - zero bags. Did the event stop already? And I agree, it really feels like work, not fun >_>

EDIT: Personally, I wouldn't care if the items are "undervalued." Who cares if they're cheap? They are supposed to be fun free gifts for the users, right? So why is it so freaking hard to find one? Why do I have to pay millions to get a few of the items?
Last edited by Sunwolf on 18 Sep 2008 03:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I haven't gotten any for the past two hours :( I can't believe the celebrations would only have lasted a handful of hours, but over 2 hours with no bags is just plain ridiculous too.
Keith

Post by Keith »

The chances are increasing as the day goes on, but some people have already found upwards of 20.

Make sure that you're scanning the page. I've been on/off Subeta today, and I accidentally skipped over one or two.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

The bags are still being handed out, I just got another.

How long is this going to last? Just today, or a few more days, like the last anniversary?
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Did you just tweak the rarity Keith? Right after you posted and I clicked back to Subeta I found one heh. Still one bag in over 2 and a half hours is pretty darn terrible, and I paid pretty good attention to bags in strange corners of the page.

Are we supposed to be getting the Fourth Anniversary Kumos Toy (aka the free gift) in them? I just found one in a bag :P
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Keith wrote:Make sure that you're scanning the page. I've been on/off Subeta today, and I accidentally skipped over one or two.
Ditto :( I've gotten 3 or 4, but I've missed 1 or 2 because I was focusing on the top of the screen too much.
Image Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

They must be playing around with the rarity. I got 3 in quick succession and none again since (playing slots).
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Well... I've been on the site off and on all day and have found just one. So... count me in as one of the people not really having fun >> I (kind of) understand them not wanting them to be as low rarity as the ones from last year, but... a free event should still be enjoyable.