Wishlist and Item Changes

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Wishlist and Item Changes

Post by AngharadTy »

You may have noticed little +'s hiding next to items around the site If you click on this, it will automatically add the item to your wishlist. Right now this is in testing, and will be made to be less intrusive over the next day or so.

The wishlists page itself has had a few changes, including being able to mass remove wishlist items now (And search shops!)
Okay, so, it's "in testing" and will be "less intrusive" in the future. But right now, there are pluses alllll over the place. Including all through my pretty items gallery. This reminds me so much of Neopets putting the little wardrobe symbol on all those items. I don't want extra pixels making my pretty items ugly. I also never sat down and thought, "gee, I wish adding items to my wishlist was a one-step process instead of making me *siiiiigh* click on a link and TYPE A WORD OUT." Not that I'm averse to such shortcuts, but when the price is making my items ugly... not so much.

The wishlist itself is... odd. Mass removal is nice, I guess? It only crops up for me past Christmas. All the items have faint blue boxes around them, though. That's odd. And the "Shops" link, while on the surface convenient, is going to kill for the days when I want to pricecheck everything, because each one opens in a new window entirely. I can open them in tabs, I suppose, but I'd rather do it in one window, apart from my main window. It'd be nice if the popup window would load into the previous popup window, as on some other sites.

I may just be bitter because going to my wishlist depresses me anyway. I only have one of the vampire hunter trunk items (thanks to a very kind gift) and I wanted practically everything else, and now I really, *really* can't afford it (as opposed to only barely being unable to afford it before).
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Wishlist and Item Changes

Post by Jessi »

I turned off both the plushes and the blue borders, because they were both annoying me - especially the blue border.

So if anyone else wants to turn them off, here's the CSS code you need to paste in your CustomCSS section:

Code: Select all

.wl_add { display: none; }

.wishlist { border: 0px; }
I don't understand why the blue border thing couldn't be on the actual POPUP, instead of riddling the site with these hideous blue borders around items. Of course, when I mentioned this, someone in comments told me they couldn't believe anyone would find it ugly. Well it is ugly :P I'm happy to have them turned off until they're supposedly 'less intrusive.'
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I agree with you, I find the little +s quite annoying. Maybe a good thing would be to have the option to not have them at all. It really isn't helping me much anyways as when I add things to my wishlist, it is often from subetahq where I can't use that feature in the first place.

I can also imagine accidentally clicking that thing quite often and having to go delete the item from your wishlist.

*Edit* Thanks Jessibean for the code.
Image Image Image Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Thanks, Jessi. I didn't know it was that easy; it'd be nice if that was in the news post, too. At least it won't look bad for me. I kind of wish I could, like, close the doors to my galleries, so that no one else could see them in ugly mode. But I'm aware I'm overreacting on that count.
Image Image
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

For some reason when I try to update my custom CSS it just disappears. Is it because I am putting it wrong? I am just pasting it as it was shown.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

You need a <style type=text/css> before and a </style> after.
Image Image
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

AngharadTy wrote:You need a <style type=text/css> before and a </style> after.
It still is just disappearing for me.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm not sure, then. Make sure they're all on different lines? Try in another browser? Light candles and pray?
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I can understand the little pluses, but what good do the blue borders do again? I already know what's on my wishlist. :P
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

TCStarwind wrote:I can understand the little pluses, but what good do the blue borders do again? I already know what's on my wishlist. :P
Agreed. The little pluses only appear when you mouse over the item (at least, that's what they do at the moment) but the blue borders are there all the time. It's annoying. At the very least they, like the pluses, should only appear when you mouse over the thing.

I wish the pluses went away when you moved the mouse back off.

I actually think the pluses are a handy shortcut, or would be if they only appeared when you actually had the mouse on the item.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

In theory it is a great idea....in practice, not so much. The harsh black plus signs all over the site are distracting and annoying. I have already accidentally clicked on at least 4 of them and then had to go to my wishlist and remove the items. The blue boxes don't bother me so much since it is a faint blue, but I agree that it would have been better if the color highlight had been restricted to the pop-up box.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image