Weapon Making with Raw Materials

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Weapon Making with Raw Materials

Post by Huggles »

Remember the ores, leathers, and dusts released into shops not too long ago? Well, now you can use them to create nifty new weapons. No idea how it works right now, but you can buy the materials in various shops, and in the Smithy's new shop. Again, no exact info yet. According to DNA, "They're meant to be mid-level weapons; they're not legendaries, but they'll fill the gap in between weak and megaawesomesuperpowerful." Also, only the final version of weapons will be wearable and not all combinations are active yet. Here's a few I gleaned from comments. Subeta thread here.

Image Shear Sword.Pretty, may have to get one for Casshan to dual wield with his black heart blade.
Image Descimatii according to the url.
ImageWolfslayer according to the url.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Weapon Making with Raw Materials

Post by AngharadTy »

Auuuuuugh. Just yesterday I priced a bunch of raw materials and decided to let them drop a little more in price before I bought them. Auuuuuugh. So stupid. It's really freaking hard not to take it personally. I'm sure the swords are very pretty and everything but I'm just irked that it happened today. Stupid stardust is, what, over a million now? Yeah. Why the hell do I stay on this site. Is it just to watch the economy do the most intriguing things?
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm relieved I already bought the opal for my treasure and annoyed that I didn't think to stock up, given that I knew the stuff would eventually be good for something.

Given that Duskfeather collects swords, this could get expensive. I must take a deep breath and remind myself that she doesn't collect ALL the swords in Subeta, just the ones that are pretty while still being not TOO terribly expensive!

EDIT: Actually looking at them (images and previews are already up on SubetaHQ and WHY OH WHY don't they put links to the items in the database when they post new items on the SubetaHQ front page) I don't fine most of them that attractive either as items or as wearables. I think Descimatii may be the only one I'm really interested in unless they get fairly inexpensive.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I'm kinda disheartened by how ugly most of them are. I find the unadorned swords to be nicer looking than their finished counterparts.There's isn't really anything appropriate for Casshern or Ultranova. It seems like either the weapon is pretty, but useless. The weapon is wearable and pretty, but useless. Or the weapon is useful, but ugly. Or it's pretty, wearable, useful, and a hojillion sp. The simple blades like the light or fire blades, look nice, but are crappy weapons. Blargh. I just want something pretty and useful for signature weapons for my pets, even if I don't bother battling anymore.

ImageImageImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

According to the Subeta thread, the melting kettle item gets used up if you use it. That doesn't make logical sense, but hey, this way it'll cost more! Yay!
Image Image
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I'm tempted to try and create some of these if only to give my HA something to hold. Here is a pretty nice one mentioned in the forums:

Fairy Lance
Image Image Image
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Wingsrising wrote:WHY OH WHY don't they put links to the items in the database when they post new items on the SubetaHQ front page)
I KNOW!! I'm glad I'm not the only one irritated by that :P

You all may continue your sword talk now.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

As cool as that would be (I know I've thought of it), it means a ton of extra work for the person who posts the news on SHQ, which is already a collecting-code task as it is. Would be nice for us, but would also be a pain for them.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I wish they had given these items a bit longer to get into circulation before releasing this =/ I think that would have helped immensely with inflation. Oh well, what do we know?