Polar Ice Field curiosity

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Polar Ice Field curiosity

Post by AngharadTy »

Now I expect I just have miserable luck, but I'm curious. I went through the ice field once, right after the trophy came out (yay me). Which is good, because I got to make Wyr. But I haven't gotten farther than the second screen in at least a month. I always pick left--because that's how I got my bucket in the first place--so I'm kind of wondering: do I just have really, really bad luck, and the always-pick-left method still works on occasion; or did the code get changed a little, so that you have to mix it up sometimes?
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: Polar Ice Field curiosity

Post by Huggles »

I usually either pick just left or right, and I've gotten a bucket as recently as a month or so ago. *shrugs* I've gotten about 3 since it's been released.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Soooo probably my poor luck. Didn't they run a trivia where you had to get to the third page? Seems like something I didn't just dream up.
Image Image
Arbor

Post by Arbor »

I have not heard anything of the code changing.

For the ice fields, each page you have an x% chance (I want to say 70. I'm not sure.) of correctly getting to the next page, I believe. So, the 'path' is completely random each time.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I also always pick left and I've made it to the bucket in the past few weeks.

I fail at the slush WAY more than 70% of the time, though.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I hardly bother with the fields. I've gotten one bucket and it took me forever. I usually lose on the first or second page. The way I see it is that I've got the trophy, so what's the point in "playing" it anymore?
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I barely ever get past the second stage, and play as regularly as I remember to. I've collected one bucket over my many attempts, too. I think I'm just cursed with bad luck. ^_~ I used to do always left, but nowadays I just do whatever. Obviously this hasn't been working out too well.

I do it for the free, expensive item... considering I want to make a glacier Tigrean without paying more than the price of the chalice.
Subeta: Thomas
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm pretty sure I've gotten at least 6-7 of them, but I do it a LOT... as often as I think of it. (At least as often as I do Random.)
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

It took me a long time to get my first bucket, but I think I've gotten 3-4 now. I always alternate left/right.

I also play several times a day.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I always go left. For the first few months, it seemed to work out reasonably well; I managed to snag 4 or 5 buckets that way. But now I hardly ever get past the second page. I got past the cub last night (i.e. got the handle), but lost it on the last page. -_-

I have the trophy, but I'm trying to get Mama as a 1P battle challenger, so I visit the fields as often as I'm able. It doesn't help that getting her is completely random even if you manage to make it to that page without a cookie. :/
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I've always chosen to go left (well, after the first couple of months, when choosing at random meant I'd never gotten past the second screen) and I've gotten a bucket once.

I've made it to the final page four times, and the rest of the time I'm usually gone by the second page.

I think it just really, really doesn't like me. >.>
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I got my first bucket going all right and then my second bucket going all left. For the last two months or so I have been trying all right again, but I haven't gotten past the handle in a long, long time. I usually botch it by the second screen as well.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

You've got the Bucket of Polar Water!
Public bitching, ftw! Seriously, Ty, that's the second one I've received since the game debuted, and I've gone a minimum of two or three times daily, most days way more often.

So, yays, and all of that. =D

FWIW, I chose left all the way.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Thanks, that makes me feel better. Except for being proven to be exceptionally unlucky, but maybe public bitching will help. ^_~
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Double posting just to laugh and let you guys know--
You've got the Bucket of Polar Water!
It actually worked! When I saw the tigrean in the snow, my eyebrows lifted. Haven't seen that thing in weeks and weeks!
Image Image