Is there a reason why I can't see the subeta pet colors?

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Shiva

Is there a reason why I can't see the subeta pet colors?

Post by Shiva »

Logged out, logged in, on Firefox, on Internet Explorer, I just can't see the subeta pet colors on here! On IE they come up as red X's, on Firefox nothing but the link for the pet comes up. I don't get it, am I doing some wrong or is it the site? I noticed it's been like that for a while now.
adi_gallia

Re: Is there a reason why I can't see the subeta pet colors?

Post by adi_gallia »

The database for Neocolours attempts to show the images from the .org site and the images were changed to .net a while ago. Seerow made a topic about this in August here. It should be fixed when Jazzy finds some time, but until then we can only add pets to the database so we aren't behind when it does get fixed.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Is it something only Jazzy can fix on her end, or is it just coding that could be tweaked here? I would freely offer my time if its just a simple matter of going through and changing the image urls. I really miss being able to look up pet colors here, its a pain to have to go to SubetaHQ.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Shiva

Post by Shiva »

Oh, ok. I sort of thought maybe that was it, but since I wasn't sure I thought I'd ask. Yeah, I miss being able to browse the pets here. Thank you for the answer :)
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Seerow wrote:Is it something only Jazzy can fix on her end, or is it just coding that could be tweaked here? I would freely offer my time if its just a simple matter of going through and changing the image urls. I really miss being able to look up pet colors here, its a pain to have to go to SubetaHQ.
As far as I know, only Jazzy is able to edit the urls in the database. All the colour adders do for Subeta pets is type the colour in one box and the species in another and we can only edit the latest entry to the database in case we spell anything wrong. So any major changes (such as changing the urls to .net, changing species names or resetting pet ratings) have to be done through Jazzy as it probably requires full access to the database.