Friends online

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Friends online

Post by AngharadTy »

There's a new line in the userinfo/loginstatus chunk that displays the number of friends online. It's cute because you can mouseover it to see who, and of course mouseover their names to see their HA and info. I actually like the thought. (Edit: I hope you can turn it off. I like to hide sometimes.)

I don't like the placement; 5 lines of text, always? Our loginstatus is going to turn into the right sidebar eventually. Hopefully it won't be getting any bigger. Because of the size and placement, it looks bad on my pet lookups. It looks even worse because it has a white background for some weird reason.

Also, I'm sure that it'll be just another thing for IE to trip over when loading. I wish that mouseover bug would get fixed. I'm tired of pages failing to load just because I moved my hand in the wrong place.

I'm actually taking my 5-10 minute break from work to post this; I keep meaning to. Can someone tell me if there's a div id or something-or-other for just this friends online bit so I can turn it off from my pet lookups? I am so not going to redo them. And I like having the loginstatus box there for ease of navigation, but if I have to turn the whole thing off, I will.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Friends online

Post by Seerow »

I think its rather nifty, though the bright neon green circle annoys the hell out of me. Why is it there? It serves no purpose other then to just look gaudy.

Apparently this code will get rid of it for you, but I haven't tried it myself.

Code: Select all

<style type=text/css>
#toolbar
{display: none;}
</style type=text/css>
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yup, thanks, Seerow. I'm not up to combing through code or forums right now, hee. (Except NC! I love NC! *hugs y'all*)
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I think it makes that area look cluttered, but I don't really care either way. I don't foresee myself actually needing this feature any time soon, but I am sure there are people who will use it. I can also see people who keep their status as Hidden being upset by this as it takes that away to a certain extent.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Seerow wrote:I think its rather nifty, though the bright neon green circle annoys the hell out of me. Why is it there? It serves no purpose other then to just look gaudy.
I like this addition too, though I agree about the circle. It could serve some purpose, such as only appearing when someone is online, and be less annoying.
Image Image Image
Arbor

Post by Arbor »

Quote by Keith

Topic:
http://www.subeta.net/forums/view/372333

From page three:
I'd just like to say that we have a lot of extensive plans in store for the friends feature, including something like that IM client that is included with Facebook or gMail. That means you'd be able to set your status to invisible or away to people looking at you, on those lists
So, it isn't available yet, but it's nice to know that the option to hide yourself is going to happen, sooner or later. C:

I really love this function, personally. C:

Oh, and uh. If the 'list' of people who are online is visible on your screen all the time, I think a hard refresh should fix that. It did for me. I was happy to be able to remove events. XD
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I find it annoying. I find I keep mousing over it when I'm switching tabs to do Wiz quests and it's slowing me down by blocking the search bar.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I find it somewhat annoying that it's messing with my custom CSS code. D:

Other than that, I guess it's a nice feature, but I don't really see how I'm going to use it. I have like 2 friends who play, and I already see both of them at least five days a week. XD
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Ugh, the Facebook chat client freezes my browser (and my computer's not even that old). I'd hate for every page on Subeta to load as slowly for me as Facebook ones do. The idea just seems so unnecessary. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Facebook, now Subeta... I really don't need to chat with people THAT badly.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I noticed this yesterday while doing quests. It's pretty nifty. Doesn't really bother me to much. Except the green dot. Like others I find it a bit of an eye sore. I also wonder what it's purpose is. I thought it was to show that you have friends online. But when I have 0 friends online it's still green. So yeah, it's just an eye sore. I also don't like that it whites out on my profile, I hope they fix that. I like that we'll be able to hide from people. I like to be in the shadows sometimes. **shifty eyes**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I don't like it, though it's interesting to hear that there will be more features added to it. I already have my status visible on my profile so it seems unnecessary to me as it is now.

Though I did hear from a friend that I hadn't talked to in a while today, so I'm guessing she saw my name up there and commented on my profile, which is cool.