Profile Commissions...

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
covet

Profile Commissions...

Post by covet »

Are these still allowed? And is anyone on NC currently taking them?
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Re: Profile Commissions...

Post by hebdenhippy »

Yeah, they're allowed, I can make you one if you want ^^
covet

Post by covet »

I want! I'm generally hopeless at deciding what I'd like on it, but I'm sure I can come up with something. Yay!
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

On a tangent, is it possible, anyone, that you could redirect me to a handy and fairly easy to understand guide on coding profiles? I'd quite like to make one, but am unfamiliar with coding on Subeta.
Subeta: Thomas
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Everything I learned, I learned by viewing source. The trick is to be careful not to steal anything. But that's how you can very easily learn how to place an image, how the columns are named, etc. Feel free to view my source, I won't get after you for stealing how to anchor a background or anything. It's just CSS, but of course Subeta can interpret it... creatively. Things that I learned from CSS sites don't always work on Subeta.

I should get back into making lookups so I can make moneys, hehe. I have never worked out an ideal situation for creating V2 profiles (beyond the background) so hm, I dunno how that works. Be pretty easy for me to just throw a background at someone and make them arrange it as they want, but perhaps cruel.
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'm not too familiar with coding, but I'd also like to start learning at some point. I always hear cautions about stealing someone's code, but what constitutes as "stealing?" For profiles, is it just a matter of lifting someone's code and replacing all of their images with your own (if that), or is there more to it?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Even lifting half the code is pretty shady-like. Pick code apart and learn what each line does. Then design your profile and try to put everything in its place. Don't start with code from someone else and slowly get rid of the things you're not using--start from scratch, always.
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Thanks.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

This thread on the forums is especially helpful for finding out what does work on Subeta. There's also quite a few big glitches with profiles, where things that should work, don't or don't work the way they're supposed to work. I've made a couple, but I'm incredibly lazy.