Millionaire Center Restock!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Rustyblu

Re: Millionaire Center Restock!

Post by Rustyblu »

Iggy wrote:I always felt than something called the Millionaire Center shouldn't have items under 1 million. :P
haha me too :P Supposedly they're trying to fix the economy as there is too much sP right now.

Bummed out about the retirements though :x Just saved up for a Diamond Mirror yesterday. Decided to see what luck I would have making a buying board and if I got no responses I planned on buying it the next day (today). Theres none in shops or trades :(

meh xD

EDIT: and one just went up in trades *pounces* xD

EDIT: Got it :D
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'm also disappointed in the lack of GA medals.
I think it's a reality we'd better get used to. Site needs the money a lot, especially recently. The site has been fairly stable, but it needs money to keep it stable. I'm sure Keith would love if servers grew out of trees.

And, there won't be GAs for long periods, ever, ever again. Like, no more people buying 12/14 GAs when they're in.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I am excited to see the Maple Katana, but I just can't bring myself to buy it at its new price. I'm cheap I admit it. As for GAs going in there, I understand why they don't want to put them in there, but I can also understand why people are disappointed. I gave up on GAs a while back as being useful to me, so I'm ambivalent.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
covet

Post by covet »

It's a bit of a vicious circle. People won't want to spend money on the site while it's still pissing them off every five minutes, and perhaps if people were being more spendy then the site would be more generous, which would make people more forgiving and willing to spend money... etc.

Unfortunately it's not a climate where people can blow money on petsites whenever they want anymore. For me, anyway.

I have to say, though, hanging out on Neo leaves me more impressed with Subeta. Neo's 'wardrobe' thingy for pets is horrible, there's no layering, let alone double layering, it's choc-full of glitches where your pet's eyes disappear if it happens to be wearing the wrong boots.... And how long have they had this system? Furthermore the number of new clothing items released is relatively extremely low, and either none or almost none of the existing clothing items seem to have been redone to work with the wardrobe system. So there are two classes of clothes with no way of telling which is which.

If I had to say which site is doing the minimum work possible and hoping it's pay-to-play items will be a cash cow, it'd be Neo. The constant output on Subeta impresses me, even if I don't always agree with all of it.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Rustyblu wrote: Supposedly they're trying to fix the economy as there is too much sP right now.
Well, of COURSE there's too much sP right now. That was a completely predictable consequence of giving out such large amounts of sP in Wiz quests.

I really don't understand why Wiz quests were changed from the old small amount of sP (or no sP) and 15-point token for 1-2 item quest model. I think that was the best, economy-wise.

I'm frankly regretting selling my second Aemis now, since inflationary economies are bad economies to have money in sP in.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

Well I'm glad I bought Shinwas Strength Bracelet for my gallery before it went up to 15 million :shock:
It used to be 5 million. Thats quite a price increase!
Not all who wander are lost.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

It also got an upgrade a few weeks ago as far as battling, I think. I wish I had bought one at 5 mil.
imperiioburton

Post by imperiioburton »

Glad to see the artifical prism is still 750k so making a Glacier potion was cheaper for me today than buying one, so thats something to be happy about :) However, I would not be happy to pay 4Mil for a DM potion. Ah well, not much can be done about it now :P
I go by many names... but not really. :D
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Jessibean wrote:Well and it doesn't help that a lot of people aren't spending real money on Subeta because they're FRUSTRATED with one part of Subeta or another - and those issues haven't really been addressed.
*raises hand*

I'm not making any profit from the introduction of new ToT items because, aside for not having been able to price my shop for over a month the normal way

(Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8b DAV/2 PHP/5.3.0-dev SVN/1.5.1 Server at subeta.org Port 80),

now the autopricer is broken too and ends up with the same message X-( I asked around forums and there's more people who haven't been able to price their shops for a month too. I was tempted to buy Mysterious Costume Trunks more than once this last month but what's the point when I can't sell wardrobe items I'm not interested in?
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Out of curiosity, do you get that error in other browsers? I'm no actual help because I haven't had a GA active since they gave 2 free pet slots to mystical plushie users (a.k.a., the best thing Subeta ever did for me, that made me glee and do a happy dance, and it still wasn't enough to encourage me to give more money than I already have), so I can't say how widespread the autopricer problem is. But geez, that's a problem.
Image Image
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

AngharadTy wrote:Out of curiosity, do you get that error in other browsers? I'm no actual help because I haven't had a GA active since they gave 2 free pet slots to mystical plushie users (a.k.a., the best thing Subeta ever did for me, that made me glee and do a happy dance, and it still wasn't enough to encourage me to give more money than I already have), so I can't say how widespread the autopricer problem is. But geez, that's a problem.
Same thing happens on both Firefox and Explorer (yes Opera too, just tried), and both at my computer at home and at work. I have no idea whether it's connected with my username or IP address or something else.

Also, unrelated to this, I noticed that I can't remove items form my pet's treasures (I get to new screen with No such pet message). I can add to them though.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, I can test that one--I did remove an item successfully. I only tried by going from my pet profile (the public page), not through the Pets link.
Image Image