Fun new shop wiz feature

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Fun new shop wiz feature

Post by Wingsrising »

While I was Wiz questing today I noticed a neat new shop search feature. If the item you searched for is currently in stock at the shop it stocks in, it returns that as the first item on the search, including the price and a link that takes you to the shop to buy it.

I approve. Great questing feature.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Re: Fun new shop wiz feature

Post by shaelyn76 »

I noticed that last night and was like WTF? Then I figured out what was up and must say that it was interesting. I'm sure people who love to RS are not going to be all too happy about it, but it sure made my life easier.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

It's an old feature that was removed a long time ago. I loved it for quests. Something tells me it may not stick around for long.
Image Image Image
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I like it a lot. I hope it sticks around.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I wonder if it's related to the PIN reset?

At any rate, I hope it stays.
covet

Post by covet »

I... don't hope it stays? Because I never quest, the only way I make money is buying the cheap multistock items in shops and putting them in mine for a couple of k more. So this will besically kill off the profits of those of us non 'leet types.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I'm not sure I like it. I mainly Wiz quest, and it's just showing me how much markup I'm paying since time is limited with Wiz quests and I don't think there's time to buy from a regular shop.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

When I first noticed it, I was wiz questing. I thought it was pretty cool. Then for one quest I tried buying an item from the shop. Took more time then I was willing to give. So I won't be useing that feature for wiz quest. I think I shall for sagg quests since time isn't an issue with him. In the end of it, it's a cool feature but I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

Post by Erstin »

I don't really liked it because that seems to be so me rather slow players that price the items in their shops the same as its going in the main shops and (it happened to me) when I auto priced mine items got too cheap, giving me hardly any profit or none in some items.
Now I have to autoprice and look carefully for all items priced in my shop and it's a bother. Autopricer isn't really that useful if I have to look at all my prices manually, right?
I hope people will realize they shouldn't price that cheap in their shops but until now I'll have to pay double attention.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I hate, hate the new feature where it's trying to predict what you're typing in. I can't tell you how many times I've typed something in and it reverted to something else, making my Wiz Quest take too long. Grr.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

mellaka wrote:I hate, hate the new feature where it's trying to predict what you're typing in. I can't tell you how many times I've typed something in and it reverted to something else, making my Wiz Quest take too long. Grr.
That's Subeta? Well good to know that its not my comp going all crazy on me, like I thought it was. I specifically turn off the "Remember what you type into a search box" option since I HATE having that.
Arg, hope it becomes an option or is just done away with entirely. Or is there css able to hide that?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

I just ran into the "hey, let me guess what you are really looking for" feature. It guessed wrong and cost me a 10 point wiz token by making me go back and retype the whole damn title out. Not liking it.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

For quests: Select, copy, paste. Faster and no auto-complete worries.
Image Image
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

Yeah, I usually do the copy and paste, but sometimes I don't copy the entire thing by accident(which is what happened to me today) and it auto-fills the wrong ending to the item. Today I was searching for a lilac ruffie beanbag, but missed copying the beanbag portion of the name. It decided that I was looking for a plushie instead and routed me in that direction before I could correct the mistake. Grrrr.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

This must be a FF feature. For once, I'm glad that something isn't correctly coded for IE. (Although if that damn rollover bug would go away, I'd be pleased.)
Image Image