November 2008 Donation Present

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

November 2008 Donation Present

Post by Erstin »

November 2008 Donation Presents

Image - Nico Beanbag
Image - Little Ham Plushie
Image - Autumn Leaf Sticker
Image - Topaz Mahar Sticker
Image - I-Love-You Donut
Image - Innocent Youngster Turkey
Image - Laeroo
Image - Bawwwwk
Image - Cropped Aviator Jacket
Image - Hardcore Aviators
Image - Autumn Kiss DP Lipstick
Image - Bottled Autumn Wind
Image - Topaz Puff
Image - Plastic-Fantastic Fantine Cupcake
Image - Ancestral Topaz Windchime
Image - Autumn Cornucopia
Image - Fragrant Cinnamon

I'm going broke this month for sure, will need a lot of these werables. Minions are pretty cute, so if I end up with some spare sp I may get them. I don't really care for the beanbag and the plushie, they're decent but nothing I'd die for. Both stickers are meh.. really weird 'lined' and can someone tell me why so many mahar stickers? :|
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: November 2008 Donation Present

Post by Huggles »

!!! They made a black hairstyle, but...but it's a wig and a donation present! Woe! Woe!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

.___. I need so much stuff AGAIN this month.

The bottled autumn wind for sure, because Medi needs it for his treasures - also, such a pretty item and a pretty wearable. Need the autumn leaf sticker for his treasures, too.

The wig, because god damn that is the cutest freaking hair ever. Agh!

The donut AND the cupcake both for Galena's treasures...

The cornucopia because the item itself is so pretty - I could give two shits less about the wearable, but the item..

Agh same thing with the cinnamon, such a pretty item!

*pokes SP* Sigh ;_;
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

Post by Erstin »

So I just opened my four DPs from this month:
Topaz Puff, Bottled Autumn Wind, Laeroo and Autumn Kiss DP Lipstick. :shock:

I'm so glad I won't have to spend as much as I though unless the Cinnamon and Jackets price goes crazy :D

edit: I had to buy another one and got the cornucopia. Not sure what to do with it but its cute :)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I need the wind for sure. Maybe the windchime and the cinnamon. I'm not sure. I'll have to see what it looks like in the HQ wardrobe generator.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hehe, I saw the wind, and for some reason thought, "Wings will need that one!"

I just want the jacket. Cute.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

After playing with the wig on subethq's avatar thingy, I really really need one. It's a bit too orange, but still. *wibbles* I actually went through and priced all the items in my shop by hand after months of them sitting in my inventory.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

The Little Ham Plushie is adorable, and I like the Laeroo. The Bottled Autumn Wind is also nice, and the Topaz Puff is quite pretty too. I'm not entirely sure what that thing is on the wearable Ancestral Topaz Windchime, it looks like a fire-breathing giraffe to me...but that seems unlikely xD

There's nothing I really want this month, though, which is great, because I'm broke after all the Morostide stuff. I'll get the two stickers because I'm trying to collect all the stickers, but that's it for me.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Oh thank god, all I really want is the Laeroo and the Bottled Autumn Wind.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I honestly don't like the wig, and got two. :) I also got the lipstick, which I don't really care about.

I like the windchime the best, I think, which is good, since I opened one.

And, I'M tired of Mahar Stickers *burns a mahar*
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

There isn't much I care for this month, which is a good thing for me at least. I do want the mahar sticker for my gallery and the windchime. I also want the lipstick, though it is for the item itself, not the wearable. I was hoping that the absence of NPC items last time would mean that they wouldn't be included this time, but unfortunately I was wrong.

I am very pleased that it looks like the mahar stickers will be monthly, I hope they continue it through the year.

And after opening four DPs, I didn't get anything I wanted, and other than the topaz puff, probably cheap items as well.
Image Image Image Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I need the windchime, the wig, and the wind, but that's all. They're all just lovely items, and I can't see not needing each and every one.

Although I do hope none of them stay at 15 million or so all month long. x.x

Mostly because I'll have to buy them all individually, since there are far too many dud items in this month's selection for me to dare risk buying the presents and then taking my chance.

I mean seriously, a donut? In a DP? wtf were they thinking? And the two bird minions are pretty awful too.

Oh well, the pretty ones are spectacular, it's just there are too many that, well, aren't. Because my luck with such things is really not good. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

AngharadTy wrote:Hehe, I saw the wind, and for some reason thought, "Wings will need that one!"
Maybe because I've posted 50 zillion autumn-themed HAs over the last few weeks? :-)

I tried the wind chime and the cinnamon on in the HA generator and decided I didn't like them. So I think the wind is all I need. I hope it doesn't stay 11 million forever.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Kamil wrote:I mean seriously, a donut? In a DP? wtf were they thinking?
Ditto to that. And the glasses. Why the heck would they include glasses that look just like all the other sunglasses on the site? Almost as bad as the Bowling Pin.
I don't want many of the items for this month so I don't think I'll bother buying any DPs, which is a change for me as I usually buy ~10 each month from the CS. I can see many of these not being worth much at all and I don't want to risk getting those and not being able to resell em.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Seerow wrote:
Kamil wrote:I mean seriously, a donut? In a DP? wtf were they thinking?
Ditto to that. And the glasses. Why the heck would they include glasses that look just like all the other sunglasses on the site? Almost as bad as the Bowling Pin.
I don't want many of the items for this month so I don't think I'll bother buying any DPs, which is a change for me as I usually buy ~10 each month from the CS. I can see many of these not being worth much at all and I don't want to risk getting those and not being able to resell em.
I feel I should probably clarify my confuzzledness over the donut - and the sunglasses, and the ugly birds - my point, made poorly, was that I'd assume right now that real money is tight everywhere, and making people who normally shell out real money for DPs reluctant to do so, for fear of getting the almost worthless duds, doesn't seem to be the best business strategy, given the fucked-up economic climate these days.

I dunno, maybe they're rolling in monies right now and can toss duds into DPs just to giggle at all the pissed-off people who get them and then run around Subeta shaking their fists in impotent rage. Given the selection this month I'd say that's likely to be the case. Because surely a site that needed money would do all possible to make each and every item as desirable and lovely as possible, instead of making nearly half of the possible outcomes worthless space-fillers.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.