Subeta Secret Santa - Signups Closed

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Re: Subeta Secret Santa

Post by Sunwolf »

I like that idea very much, Seerow :) Reminders would be very helpful, as the holiday season can get very busy.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I think that's a great idea Seerow. I say we go with that. It shall be easier on everyone. Plus it gives people a little more time to buy their presents. I know I'm going away the first couple of weeks in Dec. and not sure how much computer time I'll get. So the extra time will be great.

NC username: Alicorn
Subeta username: Kyonkichi
Price Bracket: 3mil-6mil
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=160932
Anything Else: Well I have started collecting season related items (winter, fall, summer and spring) for a mini gallery in my gallery. Rainbow stuff not on my wishlist, in Daray's treasure chest or treasure chest holding. Also want gems that aren't in Alicorn's treasure chest. Hmmm, all I can think of right now.
Last edited by Alicorn on 12 Nov 2008 05:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Seerow wrote:I think your wishlist would be fine Alecko, you have stuff from all the price brackets on there :)
Wow. My memory actually sucks. I added most of those items only an hour or so before I saw this topic and still forgot about them. ._.

NC username: Alecko
Subeta username: Hkrow
Price Bracket: 1mil-3mil
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=267595
Anything Else: Birds. Off the top of my head, there's plushies/beanbags/rubber ducks that aren't on my wishlist and probably a whole lot more (though I'll try to get some added to my wishlist). Anything to do with parrots will also be loved.
Last edited by Alecko on 12 Nov 2008 09:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I'm up for it...

NC username: Joey
Subeta username: Johwee
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=166931
Anything Else: What I'm really looking for are the items that will fill in my Beard and Pumpkin galleries, which should all be on the wishlist.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'm unsure if I really want to do it, actually, since our department is planning another one. So, I might just withdraw and put things in your stocking.

Sorry guys!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Sorry to hear that Iggy :( Have fun with your other SS though!
Last edited by Seerow on 11 Nov 2008 04:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Personally, I think not having elves will equal a disaster =/ I know we can send items on Subeta ourselves with wrapping and what not, but it's a LOT harder to monitor how the items are being sent, or if everyone is sending items. Also, it'd suck if someone forgot to check the anonymous box and it wasn't really a 'secret' santa at all.

I was an elf for the Neopets secret santa last year and would be willing to be one here. I'd like to point out that in my Neopets bracket last year, I happened to have one person who did NOT send items (Daisy and I wound up buying them ourselves for someone, I believe) and another where the items got sent to the wrong person. It would have been an absolute disaster without elves in charge of everything. So I'd really, REALLY like to encourage using them again here.

Also, the gift center has been up both years we've done a Subeta SS - it was customary for a few people to donate wrapping paper. The secret santa elves still sent the gifts via the gift center, but elves were still involved.

I'm still signing up, but i'm VERY weary at doing so without 'elves' to work the entire thing =/ PLEASE reconsider, Seerow. It just doesn't sound like a good idea.

NC username: Jessibean
Subeta username: Jessibean
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=155904
Anything Else: I update my wishlist FREQUENTLY so look at it often xD That's about all I have to add.
Last edited by Jessi on 11 Nov 2008 09:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

NC username: mellaka
Subeta username: melaka
Wishlist Link:
http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=48736
http://www.subeta.ws/wishlists.php?act=view&user=48736
Anything Else: My wishlist has a lot of stat booster items on it, and I'm always happy to get those, but I'd prefer the wearables/random items over stat boosters. (Stat boosters are pretty much any tomes, Mage amulets, potions, slimes, Shinwa items and gym/sports stuff, and are mostly grouped together on the list.) I'll try to add more of a variety of stuff over the next couple days.

edit: I also have a spooky gallery so spooky-type stuff that isn't on my wishlist and not in my gallery would also be great (though anything directly related to Halloween would be in my Halloween gallery).
Last edited by mellaka on 13 Nov 2008 06:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Posting this for Seerow's benefit to make things easier:

ATTENTION EVERYONE

Please go back and edit your posts, and check the box next to "Do not automatically parse URLs" ! This way we have the FULL Version of the URL for your wishlist, not the chopped up version that the forum makes it!

And to all new posters after this, do the same thing!
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Thanks Jessi!

ATTENTION AGAIN!
We will be having the SS as we have always done: with elves. There's just too much that can go wrong otherwise. Sorry for all the confusion and such surrounding this, but this decision is final.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Well then I'll sign up for elf-ness. Can I just think of myself as a WoW or Tolkien elf? I really don't want to be short, wearing shoes with curled toes and bells. Never did like that inception of elves. Can't we call them something else? And the house elves in Harry Potter, those are short too. Maybe since they're short elves they should be shelves? No, that doesn't work either.

I'm rambling, sorry. Have to stop that.

Anyways, I'd like to be an elf and as soon as I get another break in class I'll edit this post to include my info for the bracket I want to be in and what not.

Also Seerow, I think as Enri did before, it'd be wise to make a board one day that requests people stop buying themselves stuff off their own wishlist, so as not to take stuff off the list that their SS might have bought them. Perhaps the day after Thanksgiving would be appropriate?

/edit

NC username: Xelio
Subeta username: Xelio
Price Bracket: 1mil-3mil
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act ... ser=243243
Anything Else: There should be plenty on my wishlist. Beyond that, I collect any and all kitty minions. My wishlist is in no way complete I know, but reflects quite a few cats I do not have yet. Basically if it's a minion, convincingly feline and isn't in my gallery, I want it. I also have a soft spot for cute dog minions and just about anything for my HA. I've not been as active on the site for the past year, so I know I've missed a lot of new stuff, including minions and HA goodies. Overall, I'm pretty easy to please. If you want to be really random, well, then Yarrol hordes the most random stuff I can think of in his treasure chest and Rybalt keeps things that helps him study. He's a nerd, but don't let on that you know.
Last edited by Xelio on 11 Nov 2008 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I like the elves from that Rudolph movie where's the main elf wants to be a dentist! That's what I think of all you guys as.
And yup Xelio, I planned on posting such a message when I closed the sign-ups and send out the pms. Signups will probably be closing around Thanksgiving or shortly after.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

NC username: Fullmetal Dragon
Subeta username: hagane
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=156401
Anything Else: I'm collecting various Asian food items for my Asian food gallery, but most of the things I need for that are on my wishlist already. I'll go through and see if there is anything else I need to add :O
<3
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

NC username: Goldenchaos
Subeta username: NyauNyau
Price Bracket: 250k-500k
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=34716
Anything Else: I don't have very much must have anything, really. Most of what Id like is on the wishlist. Right now Im trying to get items to make a "golden" based avatar..as evident from my current HA. So yea, Ill edit this if anything else comes to mind, though, that isnt on my wishlist.
Image Image
ImageImage
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

NC username: sezrin
Subeta username: sezrin
Wishlist Link:http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=82980
Anything Else: My worms and spider gallery currently only has 1 spider in. So I'm also after any spiders or spider type creatures to help fill it up. Otherwise it's all about the wishlist baby!

Cheers for doing this Seerow :mrgreen: