Subeta Secret Santa - Signups Closed

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Subeta Secret Santa - Signups Closed

Post by Seerow »

Signups Now Closed
Elves will be receiving their PMs from me shortly, and they in turn will pm all of you the info you need.

Elves are as followed:
Jessibean - 500k-1mill bracket
Seerow - 1-3mill bracket
Xelio - 3-6mill bracket

Alright, so you have your PM from your Elf. Now what?

1) Your pm should have all the info you need. Find some items to buy for your partner that fit the price range. This can be one item or multiple items.
2) You have until the 18th of December to send the items to your Elf. When sending the items, please make sure to PM your Elf with a list of what you sent over! This makes it much easier to keep track of who sent what, especially if more then one person sends items at the same time.
3) If you are sending many many items, please toss some wrapping paper at your Elf!
4) Presents will be sent out between the 20th-22nd of December, at which time we'll start a new thread and reveal who we bought for and warm fuzzies are had by all.

Since Elves will have a list of all the items a person is getting from their SS, if you would like to ask the Elf of the bracket your friend is in if they got so-and-so as a gift already, feel free to do so. Cuts down on the likeliness of getting doubles.
Last edited by Seerow on 25 Nov 2008 12:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Re: Subeta Secret Santa

Post by Mayhem »

I'm running a Secret Santa elsewhere, so I don't think my concentration could handle another one. Plus, the NC version tends to get really big!

I'm in, as always. :D

NC username: Mayhem
Subeta username: varicolored
Price Bracket: 3-6mil
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=168272
Anything Else: If I think of anything else, I'll edit.
Last edited by Mayhem on 16 Nov 2008 02:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kari

Post by Kari »

NC username: Kari
Subeta username: kariohki
Price Bracket: 3mil-6mil
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act ... ser=158830
Anything Else: I've got three galleries: One for citrus items (lemons, limes, oranges, etc.), one for meat, and one for shinies that I'm collecting Elixirs and Potions. I don't have all those things on my wishlist because that would be a huge wishlist XD
derp
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

What fun! I'm in ^^

NC username: Sunwolf
Subeta username: Luka_Pooka
Price Bracket: 1mil-3mil
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=36334
Anything Else: I collect Holiday items and items from different countries.
Last edited by Sunwolf on 11 Nov 2008 09:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

My wishlist is on the expensive side so I won't take part in the main thing, but I'll volunteer to be an elf. :P
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I think your wishlist would be fine Alecko, you have stuff from all the price brackets on there :)

NC username: Seerow
Subeta username: Seerow
Price Bracket: 6mil+
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=155383
Anything Else: I like art, so if you like to draw and want to draw me something I'd love you forever. I'm kind of working on a book gallery (aptly named The Library. How original) but none of the books are on my wishlist as of yet (I may add them later), so if you want to get me books for the gallery go for it, just make sure I don't already have it.
Last edited by Seerow on 11 Nov 2008 09:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

NC username: Officer 1BDI
Subeta username: TestName
Price Bracket: 3-6 mil.
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=150891
Anything Else: I've done away with all of my galleries, so my main two focuses at the moment are weapons for my battle pet(s) and clothes for my HA. I'm also always on the lookout for books for Albia or my "The Next Time We Have a Reading Contest" storage/gallery. I'll try to add more "less expensive" items to my wishlist once SubetaHQ comes back up.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 13 Nov 2008 04:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I don't think I'm anywhere near active enough to help run this, but I'd love to take part again :3

NC username: Saturn
Subeta username: Saturndjinni
Price Bracket: 3mil-6mil
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=158157
Anything Else: My wishlist should have a pretty good mix of relatively cheap + omgwhoaexpensive stuff on it, but if you run out of ideas I'd always appreciate any items for my monochrome or holiday galleries that I don't already have.
Last edited by Saturn on 13 Nov 2008 04:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

NC username: Nectaris
Subeta username: Nectaris
Price Bracket: 250k-500k
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act ... ser=293329
Anything Else: I think I have a good mix of expensive and cheap items, though most of the really cheap stuff will be near the bottom(I think). If you have any ideas for my candle or gemstone gallery that isn't on my wishlist I would be grateful. If nothing else, I am happy to receive books for my pets to read. I also have an elixir gallery, but that is almost finished and all that is left is extremely expensive.
Image Image Image Image Image
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

NC username: Fuzzy
Subeta username: Fuzzyanimal
Price Bracket: Your choices are: 1mil-3mil
Wishlist Link: http://www.subeta.net/wishlists.php?act=view&user=7837
Anything Else: I have a Cadogre gallery, but one of the last items I need is near impossible to get. However, there might be items I missed. I also like wigs. My most wanted ones are in my wishlist, but I don't own very many wigs. If I think of anything else, I;ll post it here.
Last edited by Fuzzy on 12 Nov 2008 04:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Oh wait, nevermind :) Don't have the time for more than one Secret Santa, and you'd be second on my priority list. Wouldn't want anyone to be gipped.
Last edited by Iggy on 11 Nov 2008 03:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

I have a question - why do we need Elves? Wouldn't it be easier to just wrap the stuff ourselves and send it out anonymously?
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Good point Sunwolf. If I remember correctly, last year the Gift Center wasn't around when we started the SS, so we had to use elves to keep it anonymous.
Though like you said, we can just send the presents out ourselves without the aid of an Elf. That would probably work a lot smoother then the elves having to keep everything organized.

So what do you all think? Elves or send the items out ourselves near Christmas?
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I could have sworn I posted earlier and signed up/volunteered to be an elf. I'll have to do that again at some point.

I think the only reason why keeping elves around is a benefit anymore is to make sure someone isn't gipped. Yes, we have great people here at the NC, but sometimes bad things can happen. I'm not saying people just screw over their SS (which has happened), but a few times last year as an elf I had to remind people, as politely as I could, that gift giving time was close, have they shopped yet, etc, etc. I could see the functionality in elves for that purpose.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Good point Xelio, I know I had to remind people last year and one person didn't buy anything at all.

Maybe we could have Elves that just help supervise? The people buy the items and keep them to send out themselves. After they buy the gifts they'd then send a note to the elf of their bracket saying as such. As long as people make sure to actually send the gifts out around Christmas, I think it might work. Elves could pm to their bracket as a reminder to send out the presents.

Since the people would have to check in with their elves to say they've bought the gifts, elves can keep track of who hasn't bought yet and send out reminders as needed.