Fireside Festival

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Fireside Festival

Post by Alicorn »

Today started a new Subeta holiday. All the info about the holiday is in the news. The fireside festival seems a mix between Thanksgiving and Guy Fawkes day. Around the site you'll find different red Rreign items around the site. Then you can take said items to the bonfire and throw them in. If you're lucky the red rreign spirit will appear and give you something or items in your inventory could be burned (or so I've read in comments). Not sure what else can happen. So far I've found 2 red rreign stickers. I just burned one so far and got an Orange Wreathed Red Rreign Plushie. Not sure if I'll sell the other sticker or burn it. From what I read in comments, people have found wearable red rreign items and they've gotten a type of blob kitty from the bonfire.
So far I find this holiday pretty cool. I enjoy the random find item events. And I like the choice weather to keep the item you find or try your luck on getting a different item. I think I shall fun with this. This also explains why they changed the name of the red dragon plushie.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
elfheart

Re: Fireside Festival

Post by elfheart »

*facepalm* So that's why I just sold two red "rreign" plushies for 139,000sp.

I am really glad to see that the news article contained a little backstory on Fireside to explain why it's celebrated/how it started, instead of just dumping a name change on us. Hopefully we'll get a little writeup about the new December holiday, too.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I only got an item in my inventory burned when I tried to hand him back one of the rreign plushies he gave me. I did get a new item, pile of ash or something like that, but I'm really glad he didn't go for either of my lizard trap items. I was playing around with it right after it came out, so I didn't have news comments to warn me, hehe.

Do the effigies you can find on the site do anything other than give you something to burn? Ooh--I just found Red Rreign Ears, too.

Also... I don't think this explains the Red Reignling in any way. Sure, it's another item you can burn. (That's not animal cruelty at all!) But it still doesn't look like a rreign. Wish I'd sold mine when they shot up to their peak. I don't want it with that name, and it's dropped now, so I could have re-bought it anyway. But it can stay in my vault.
Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Thanks for the warning. I'm not sure I have the patience to clear out everything in my inventory every time I find an item. (The clearing is easy - surrounding my lizard minion items with junk again is annoying.)

I'll probably wait until i get a few different items then burn them all at once. Er, or I guess put them in my inventory one by one.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Glitch warning:
Some of you may have had this happen before, and I know it happens to me all the time. If you have more then one item in your inventory that can be burned, sometimes it will do two at once. Ie, I had like 12 Red Dragon Plushies in my inventory and each time I burned just one, it would automatically burn two. Very annoying and its been going on for awhile (ie DPs, CTs, etc) but staff don't seem to be doing much to fix it :( Or at least warn people about it.

Anyway, that aside, I think this is really neat. All the items are lovely and I can see me spending a pretty penny by the end of the week to get most of them. Too bad I didn't stockpile the Red Dragon Plushies.

Like Ty, I still don't think this really explains why the Red Dragon's name was changed, as it still looks nothing like a Rregion.

Edit:
Hehe, my HA got burned.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Ahhhh damn, I suffered that glitch too. I was really tired, so I was happy to chalk it up to insanity, but I had 30-some rreign plushies (geez, that freaking name is so hard to type) and came out of the deal with 15 or so prizes. I was like, "I could swear I didn't get 20 kisses on the cheek, but maybe I did because I am pretty crazy round about now."

Lame.

Also, the pile of ash thingy should be wearable and make that burnt effect. I left it on my zombie HA because I kinda like it.
Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I didn't realize how rare the items were when I found one this morning. I've been playing slots for about 45 minutes now and haven't found any more.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Ah you're right, it doesn't really tell why the red dragon was renamed. Just shows kinda why they renamed it. You're right though, looking nothing like the red rreign so don't know why they would connect them. Unless they plan on redrawing it to look like the red rreign (I hope not, I love it how it is **hugs protectively**).

I went ahead and burned my other sticker last night and got firecracker earrings. Then this morning I found a voodoo doll and burned that and got the ember wig. So far I haven't found anything else. I like a lot of the items you can get from the bonfire and want quite a few of them. I might have to end up buying a few of them later.
Also thanks on the warning for the glitch. **makes mental note**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

The bonfire flickers and stirs; before you, the spirit of Red Rreign materializes!
Gazing down upon you, he bows his head and removes something from beneath his wing before offering it.
It seems to be a Sapphire Fireside Pendant

I would rather have a burned HA :D

EDIT: The Red Rreign is very pretty. I hope the next revamp will look like that.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohh, question cause I'm curious:

It mentions in the news post and on various item descriptions that the Red Rreign used to terrorize the village but then decided to help them survive the winter. Does it mention anywhere why he had such a big change of heart?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Rah

Post by Rah »

I think I know the answer to that one, Seerow. I believe he realised that he needed the villagers, and he defrosted the fields of food so that they would all survive. They needed to live in harmony in order to be happy, and I believe Red Rreign suddenly understood that more could be gained from being nice than from being a terror!

Luxe can confirm/add to this for me if she's around.

AND AND as far as my personal fireside is concerned, I had 6 red rreign plushies in my vault, which I burned and got two pendants (amethyst and sapphire), the awesome bow thing, two pairs of yellow firecracker earrings and a cornucopia :D Going to keep trying until I get the wigs! And the staff. But mainly the wigs xD
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Why does he need them? Do they have a yearlong feeding arrangement or something along those lines?
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Mostly the festival just makes me sad since I had a bunch of the red dragon plushies in my shop from Item Hunt and they all sold for absurdly small amounts of money compared to what I'd have to pay to buy them back again and burn them. :-(
Rah

Post by Rah »

AngharadTy wrote:Why does he need them? Do they have a yearlong feeding arrangement or something along those lines?
Mmn, something like that. I believe he would steal their hard earned crops and they lived in fear, unable to really produce a whole lot anyway. He was this continuous threat even though I don't think he would have actually eaten the villagers or anything! He just used to swoop down and eat and terrorize I think.

There is a big /official/ story though :) And I'm paraphrasing here, and possibly doing it wrong xD Do you mind me paraphrasing or would you rather wait for the official word on it? I don't want to have anyone come back with a 'BUT RAH SAID THIS EARLIER!' when the official longer story is shown! I'm just trying to expand as much as I know how to here, because you've asked :)
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

As far as red reign burning the items that you get from him, I've heard several people complaining about that. Apparently he doesn't like regifting.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta