Fireside Festival

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Re: Fireside Festival

Post by bonecrivain »

I reallllllllllllllly want the two wigs and am trying to decide whether to keep feeding things to the bonfire or just sell anything I find and buy the wigs. Buying is probably far more practical (especially because I don't want to be refreshing on Subeta all day to find items), but burning things is so fun. I wish there was an option to burn other items, even if you didn't get prizes in return.

So far, I've gotten a pendant, a sticker, a cupcake, a staff, and a couple of other things. When I burned the plushie I got from the bonfire, the dragonthing attacked my golden idol pet. So burning gifts is frowned upon? I'll keep that in mind.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Burning other things seems to be fine, seems the Dragon just gets upset when you burn the wreathed plushies he gives out. I found some of those Dragon ears on a page, which surprised me as I thought you could only get those Effigys on pages, burned them and he gave me a pendant. Each time I burned one of the wreathed plushies something "bad" happened.

Thanks for the reasoning behind it Rah :D Still wish the news had gone more indepth.

This is one of the problems of trying to create your own world and holidays right now. There's no place we can go to find out more info, and the news post isn't exactly a wealth of information. As such I find myself not really caring about the holiday at all, just feeling sad that we won't be getting Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving item unretirements. The new items are lovely and burning stuff is fun don't get me wrong, it just doesn't feel so much like a holiday since we don't really get a whole lot of info about it. If that Subetapedia is ever released, that would help greatly. You could spend more time working out the specific backstories for holidays, such as why the Red Rreign had such a sudden change of heart, and point people there. Helps the users connect more to the holidays, and world, you are trying to create.
Last edited by Seerow on 24 Nov 2008 09:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I can also confirm that he doesn't like you burning the plushies he gives. I burned the orange one I got last night and he attacked my pet. So yeah, won't be doing that anymore. There are a few items I'm hoping to get. Deva needs a few for her treasure chest. I also would like to get one of the piles of ash for her treasure chest so I have a cheap item sitting in my vault just in case Mr. Red Rreign decides to burn it.

Also like to say thank you Rah for clearing that up. It's good to know more back information on it. ^_^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Rah

Post by Rah »

No problem n__n And I also can't WAIT for the Subetapedia to be released! I'm sure there's nearly enough in it by now. Hopefully it will be a New Year thing! (That's just me hoping, not hinting at inside knowledge xD)
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So... is there supposed to be a link to the bonfire from Veta Lake? Cause for now the only way to get there seems to be from the news, and I'm wondering if anyone forgot the Veta Lake link or something.

This seems like a fun celebration. I'm burning all the red rreign plushies I had stored in my vault :D

Also, anyone looking for a singed fringe? I have an extra.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

I was looking for a singed fringe, but I just traded a staff I didn't like very much for one. Yay! Now I only need the ember locks.

Subeta's really only fun when there are things like this going on...when there's no trick-or-treating or advent calendar or anniversary bag collecting, I get so bored on the site.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Joey, if you still have the Fringe I'd love it :D
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Can I just say...
...that this reminds me of a platypus? :P Also, does that say 'blah' on his tummy? hehe.

I got an Amethyst Fireside Pendant, yay! Amethyst anything is usually good ^_^
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

I was going to mention that earlier, but I forgot! It really does look like a platypus. I think it's adorable, but it sort of confuses me in relation to the whole dragonstory.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

AngharadTy wrote:Also... I don't think this explains the Red Reignling in any way. Sure, it's another item you can burn. (That's not animal cruelty at all!) But it still doesn't look like a rreign. Wish I'd sold mine when they shot up to their peak. I don't want it with that name, and it's dropped now, so I could have re-bought it anyway. But it can stay in my vault.
I'm not seeing it either. It needs wings to be a Rreign (as well as a shorter body.) Otherwise it's a Paralix.

ImageImageImage
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

It's not a Paralix either. No mustaches, no headhorns, no backfur.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Which is why they never should have changed the name of it to begin with and just made a completely new item to represent the Red Rreign :P

Little tip for finding the popup items: It seems that after you've been logged out and log back in after awhile, you are highly likely to find one of them after a few pages. The comp I've been using doesn't save cookies (my brother has strange preferences) so I'm constantly having to log back in. Every time I do I seem to find an item very quickly, then not find anymore for long long stretches of time.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I've actually noticed that too, Seerow. I only seem to find them when I get home between classes.

Also, my extra fringe is gone, but I'll post if I get any other cool extras. I'm mainly looking for the staff, the bow, and the red earrings.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

I've got two spare Singed Fringes should anyone want them taken. I'm looking for the bow, and... that's it.

I love hoarding my item hunt prizes. <3
Last edited by WisteriaLynx on 25 Nov 2008 03:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I've notice if I leave my computer for awhile and then come back, I get an item with in a few pages. I'll try the logging out thing to see what it does for me.

Items I'm looking for is the singed fringe, the bow, the ink and all the pendants except the amethyst one. I keep getting plushies and stickers from him.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel