Black Friday Sale

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Black Friday Sale

Post by Wingsrising »

In case anyone didn't notice, there's a Black Friday sale on in the Cash Shop... half of some (though not all) of the items, including Mysterious Costume Trunks and GA medals.

I'm tempted to break my vow not to spend any money in the Cash Shop and pick up 2 GA medals, or maybe a GA medal and a costume trunk...
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: Black Friday Sale

Post by thelonetiel »

I love the warning of future Mysterious Costume Trunk retirements right after the sale pitch.

I still have my free cash shop credits so I'll probably buy one with that. Subeta HQ is down though, or I'd know which one I need. xP
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

thelonetiel wrote:I love the warning of future Mysterious Costume Trunk retirements right after the sale pitch.
Well, to be fair, they posted the Black Friday sale before I went to bed last night and I didn't see the retirement thing until this morning.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I bought three MCTs and a GA medal. I don't mind spending a little cash on Subeta now that the site's been stable for months... and a sale is nice!
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

I used those free credits from way back to buy an MCT. Thought I'd never actually get one, since I'm a broke student and this is the sort of thing my parents won't pay for even as a holiday present. :) Yay Technopunk lockbox! *squee*
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I bought some stuff too, a few MCTs and GAs. I used two of the boxes and am hoarding the rest to sell when the price goes back up. I really like the sale, and was impressed that Keith cut the price of the MCTs and GAs in half!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I bought a costume trunk , and now Im torn as to what else to buy..a GA medal would be nice, if only to resell.

How well do the potions sell? Miracles and the Angel one.
Image Image
ImageImage
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Any item over 10$ is awful to sell. Get more small items instead :)
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Heh, I ended up buying a few items. I have 100 cash lying on my account, which I purchased four of the handbags with, and also spent $15 on 6 MCTs. I might purchase another two before the sale ends. I opened five of them (deciding I quite liked the circus performer stuff after seeing how versatile it could be, alongside the bride and groom sets, which are seriously pretty, and the female survivor, which has some great accessories), and am saving one for future opening purposes when the 'oooh shinies' come out to play. Hm. I usually am quite tempted by the shinies. Foolish I falling for their ingenious sales pitch.
Subeta: Thomas
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I don't think the potions are on sale, are they?

I broke down and bought 2 each of the 1 month GA medals and the MCTs. (That doesn't include the MCT I bought with my giveaway points last night and opened for a Bride trunk.)

I want to use a GA medal over Christmas break to clean my shop out, and although I have some in my vault still this way I don't feel like I'm reducing my stash. :-)

I'm saving the MCTs. I think I have everything I really really want from existing trunks (although I now wish I had more of the viking items... sadly, those are retired) but it's sure that something really nice will come out soon that I can't live without. :-)
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

Wingsrising wrote:I think I have everything I really really want from existing trunks (although I now wish I had more of the viking items... sadly, those are retired) but it's sure that something really nice will come out soon that I can't live without. :-)
I just opened two MCTs for viking trunks; they're definitely not retired yet!

This sale made me go from 150 million to 50 million, and I'm pretty sure I'm blowing all of my credits on it. Better to invest in these items in an inflationary economy, I figure.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Sayle wrote:
Wingsrising wrote:I think I have everything I really really want from existing trunks (although I now wish I had more of the viking items... sadly, those are retired) but it's sure that something really nice will come out soon that I can't live without. :-)
I just opened two MCTs for viking trunks; they're definitely not retired yet!
Really? Huh. For some reason I thought they were.

Sadly, I can't look at which Viking items I need since SubetaHQ is down.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I picked up a couple costume trunks but didn't open them yet. I'm hoping the zombie one doesn't retire since that one is pretty new. I have a few of the items on my wishlist, so I was planning to wait until after the holidays to pick them up.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I had 50 points left from the free points they gave us. So I went and bought the shut up speech bubble. I was thinking of buying one of the wigs but I already had the ones I really wanted. Besides, the speech bubble fits Scythe when I make an HA of him. If it wasn't for me going on a trip next week and needing all my money, I so would of bought up a bunch of costume trunks.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Keith

Post by Keith »

Seerow wrote:I bought some stuff too, a few MCTs and GAs. I used two of the boxes and am hoarding the rest to sell when the price goes back up. I really like the sale, and was impressed that Keith cut the price of the MCTs and GAs in half!
I was getting so frustrated with the price of GAs and we really couldn't afford to put them in the MC, so I figured this would be alright (people can double up!)