Subeta Advent Calendar

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Farseek

Re: Subeta Advent Calender

Post by Farseek »

I don't celebrate Xmas so I am loving the winter themed items. The minions aren't doing anything for me. Cute as they are, I have no use for them.
Not all who wander are lost.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

To be fair about the color scheme, Christmas is mainly red + green, Valentine's is white + red(/pink) and Halloween is manly orange + black, so having a pretend holiday that's mostly white + blue isn't exactly different from the norm. I think it seems plain just because we're used to the other color schemes.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Well, Chanukah is blue and white, so it's not like it's that original for a winter holiday :P

And it's not like all Christmas or advent items have to be red and green, either. It'd just be nice to see a color besides blue.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

One of the best things about christmas colours are that they're really warm colours, so they add a warm feeling when it's really cold outside. All these blues and whites are really cool colours so it's not feeling all that festive.

More warm colours please, even if it's not specifically red and green.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I love the lunatike! It's so damn cute! **squees like a girl and snuggles it** The bird I like alright, it's not one of my favorites. I'm also not a big fan of the hoarfrost wings. They don't look all that good wearable.

I don't really mind all the blue and white themed stuff since I love the combination for my xmas decortations. Though I have to admit I'm hopeing for some colour varations soon. Looks like we got some today (well one atleast ^_^").

Today's Gifts...
Spoiler: open/close
ImageImage
Friendly Snowperson Head
ImageImage
Melody Lipgloss
ImageImage
Winter Chill

Some nifty wearables. I don't see myself useing the snowperson head other then around christmas. The Melody gloss is a pretty wearable and I see myself useing it a lot. The winter chill is a cute wearable but I find the item really pretty. I might have to get two just the have the item itself.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Yet more wearables. So far we've gotten minions and wearables. I don't mind, but I wish we got more variety. At least it isn't another Hoarfrost item.

I really want to know who Hoarfrost was/is. Maybe there can be a thing about him in the Subetawiki, or he could be a Battledome challenger?
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I don't like a single one of the Hoarfrosts stuff, so I'm glad we didn't get any today.

I really like the Melody lipgloss. Subeta has finally been coming out with some decent lipstick/lipgloss wearables.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Jessibean wrote:Well, Chanukah is blue and white, so it's not like it's that original for a winter holiday :P

And it's not like all Christmas or advent items have to be red and green, either. It'd just be nice to see a color besides blue.
True. I just thought it was odd to complain about having 2 main colors when most other holidays we know follow a similar scheme. But there are still 20+ days to go and I'm sure we'll start to see some variety. :]
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I doubt we'll get a lot of Subetapedia entries, unless they were planned in advance, because Subeta no longer has writers.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Iggy wrote:I doubt we'll get a lot of Subetapedia entries, unless they were planned in advance, because Subeta no longer has writers.
Then why did they even release it then if they won't be able to add to it and it only has a handful of articles. :shock: Out of curiosity, is there a reason why Subeta doesn't have writers anymore? Subeta is trying to create their own universe and lore, but the small news posts we've been getting just aren't going to cut it if there isn't a subetapedia or something else to learn more about the holidays and world in general.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Ooh, I like the Winter Chill... it's a little appropriate for me today, seeing as I forgot my scarf this morning, and I'm sure that's exactly what I looked like during Calculus. :P (My hair also froze, which was amusing since it's curly and was therefore spiraly.)

I'm also glad for no more Hoarfrost items. Can we know what it is before we get fifty million of it? Makes no sense to me as-is.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Aw, and they don't have their "apply to work here" link anymore.

I'm mildly irked about the friendly snowperson head--the female has a ribbon, the male gets a top hat. I don't want a ribbon. I want a top hat. Poo.
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

AngharadTy wrote:Aw, and they don't have their "apply to work here" link anymore.
Damn. Writing looks really interesting now that Subeta's trying to build a more concrete canon.

I'm annoyed about the "different schemes for different genders" thing, too. If I wanted a bow on my snowperson, I would have put on one of the several dozen bows currently available. Other than that, though, I think the head's adorable.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Today's gifts:
Spoiler: open/close
Ice Cold Stompin Boots

Cuddly Melody Doll
Glacier Kumos Plushie

And
100sP!

OMG. That plushie is the CUTEST THING EVER.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Plushiiiiiiie yay! I love it.

That doll looks bizarre and pretty much unplaceable on the overlay preview thingummy. I've gotta visit SHQ (if they even have it up yet) to see if that's something I want on my HA. *boggles*
Image Image