Subeta Advent Calendar

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Subeta Advent Calendar

Post by Seerow »

Whee, Advent Calendar time :D
Spoiler: open/close
Image Excessive Snowfall Wig
Image Sewts
I really like both prizes for today, especially the minion. I'm not too terribly fond of the name change from Advent Calender to Melody's Cottage though.
Last edited by Seerow on 06 Dec 2008 01:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Advent Calender

Post by TCStarwind »

I thought it was amusing that the site went down right when midnight hit. XD This may explain why. Although, that might have helped to fix the crazy token inflation just a bit. :/

I'm on the fence with the new name thing, too. I was never really fond of the term "advent calendar", but Melody's Cottage is not very... impressive.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Oooh, I didn't realize it was already Advent Calendar time. The months keep flying by. The page isn't loading for me either--hopefully it's fixed so we don't lose a day. I already wasn't able to do my Wizard quests yesterday because they never reset.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

"Hi! I'm Melody, and welcome to my home!
Ever since the first Lumineve, I've made it my custom to open the doors of my cottage to all visitors during the Luminaire season in December. Each day, I will have a new gift for anyone who comes to see me. Make sure to hold onto these, as they could be very special in the future.
I'll be looking forward to seeing you everyday to receive all the surprises I have to offer: toys, food, weapons, stickers, books, clothing and more. Stay warm and have a joyous Lumineve!"

. . . Lumineve? Lame. Real prizes are up now. Stockings aren't up on profiles yet.

And Secret Santa has become "Mysterious Melody." *heaves a sigh*
Last edited by Sunwolf on 01 Dec 2008 06:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Buh? Oh. I skimmed through the first post and ended upclicking on every icon in arctic until I finally found Melody's Cottage. The name change is immaterial to me. Luminaire? Lumineve? Bah.
I got:
ImageImage
Excessive Snowfall Wig and Sewts
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

..I like luminaire/lumineve, myself. Sound kind of pretty to me. :x

*liking the gifts too*
covet

Post by covet »

Hmm. The names of my seasonal cuttlefish remain unchanged. I think the name Luminaire sounds quite pretty. I assume they're going for something with it's base in Lumen/light. I keep reading it as 'Luminary' though.

I hope they keep the old Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa items untouched and unrenamed. But otherwise, I think I can live with this.

Liking the items, although I haven't seen the wig on, yet.

Edit: In fact it's an actual word. Well, this season will be amusing to french players. The word means an electric light. It's also a trademark.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/luminaire
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

Perhaps I spent too much time this time last year playing with cadavers, but seeing the word "lumen", or something that even sounds like "lumen", makes me think of the lining of our digestive tracts.
Subeta
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

The name is pretty, but it will drive me crazy all month because all I can think of when I read it is the candlestick character named Lumiere from the Disney iteration of Beauty and the Beast. XD
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I have to say I like the name Luminaire. It rolls off my tongue nicely. I like it much better then Morostide, which I have trouble saying. As for advent calender being changed to Melody's Cottage, that doesn't bother me. Same with Secret Santa to Mysterious Melody, though it does sound a bit weird to me.
As for the gifts, yay! I love them! What a great start.
First of all, I'm so in love with the kitty! It's just so damn cute. **snuggles and puts in Kyo's Treasure chest holding** And the wig is quiet nice too. It's a nice alternative to the snowflake wig. Here is what it looks like for anyone curious.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

The items are very pretty and the name doesn't really bother me. It made me think of studying the Lumières in film class. =P
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Ahh, the news hadn't updated when I posted. I thought they hadn't decided on which word to use and were using them both. I still think these changes should have been made after subetapedia or whatever and not before because I still don't know wtf is going on. Bah, again.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

...I accidentally signed up for Secret Santa while doing what I just thought was checking out the new Mysterious Melody page. My SS already gave me one gift, and I feel guilty because I don't actually want to participate. There's no way to back out of it?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yay, Keith reset my Calender so I could get the prizes. Yay for pretty wigs and minions (though hopefully this isn't a sign that we'll get nothing but kitty minions this year again XD ).

I actually really like the name Luminaire, though Lumineve I could do without. I just really don't like the name "Melody's Cottage" or "Mysterious Melody" for some reason though. I'll just still refer to them as I always have.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

"Luminaire" makes me think of this as an Illumis holiday. >.>;; Maybe instead of a Santa Claus, there's a special Illumis or something?