Subeta Advent Calendar

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Re: Subeta Advent Calendar

Post by shaelyn76 »

The Blee is really cute, but I have to agree that the re-release of the two older advent items is silly at best. I see Free gifts and Advent items(as well as Pumpkin Patch and other seasonal event items) as like a bonus to players who are loyal and take the time to show up during said events. Sure, it sucks for the newer players that they missed out on last years Advent items, but none of them were exceptionally expensive and again, IMO, were given out as a "thank you" to the players that were around last year. Let's hope this trend doesn't continue.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Sure, it sucks for the newer players that they missed out on last years Advent items, but none of them were exceptionally expensive
The blush was at 1.6 M early this month. For a free item, Keith found it way too high. Free items given to anyone, without any luck or skill, shouldn't be 1.6M. Especially when it was released 1 year ago.

Plus, I don't know weather I should buy a few extra Blee - do I take the risk that some of them are duplicates?
We (As Keith and our UA department) decided against the deleting of Blees. Most people only had 2 or 3, which we allowed them to keep. If there is a shop with like, 50, it might be either a glitch abuser, or a reseller. We'll take a look at these ones.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Damn, I still have some in my vault from the giveaway last year. Prices fluctuate, regardless, and they have remained around 600k throughout the year. I'm sure the inflation was just temporary and they would have simply deflated given time. Eh. I like getting new items.
Subeta: Thomas
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

Tom's got a point; lots of items drop and raise in price. Truthfully, I'm happy to get them, even though they were items that I weren't trying to buy specifically, but I admitt that something new would be nice too.

At least the Blee is new. I find it cute ^^ And it's nice that people who have duplicates got to keep them I suppose.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I would have rather liked to have kept my duplicates, because it was really cute. Damn.
Image Image
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I bought an aurora not more than a month ago for 500k. Which, arguably, isn't that expensive, but I'm annoyed that I am getting a free one now.

I would have liked to get more than one new item, that would lessen the sting receiving two items I already have. That will now be super cheap, because it was given out last year and this year, so I can't even make much of a profit.

Oh well. For the greater Subetan good, I suppose.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Spoiler: open/close
ImageCoal Mist
Meh. Yesterday we get two old gifts and today is just coal. Granted its a very pretty pile of coal, but why only one item? Rather lackluster two day we've had. Maybe tomorrow will be better?
Did Subeta run out of AC items or something this year?
Last edited by Seerow on 22 Dec 2008 07:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

:( Damn, I missed getting yesterdays advent stuff..and Subeta seems to be down for me at the moment
Image Image
ImageImage
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

Is the coal not a wearable? The word 'mist' is making me think it is, but I refuse to get the item until the morning and not at midnight.

Maybe they'll add something when the site comes back up. But in spite of sounding greedy and all, I kind of hope we're getting something more than just coal. I just kind of expect it when it's a site that spits out 2-3 items per day for advent.

....But I agree; it is a pretty pile of coal XD
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Maybe it will just be coal, especially from all the complaining yesterday. :/
covet

Post by covet »

Well, I think the point is that the darkheart guy only gives out coal, because he's the bad one. I'm kind of annoyed at getting him twice/getting my HA coalified twice this year though.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I actually quiet like the coal myself. It makes a nifty looking wearable. I might use that quiet a bit. If I remember right, last year didn't we just get a pile of dusty coal from the darkheart guy? So I don't think this is because of complaining. Just that they are makeing this into a yearly thing.
I must ditto covet though. I'm not liking getting coaled twice this year. Albeit the last time was a bit of a glitch but I still don't like it.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I don't think I'd care as much about just getting coal (I think I want to hoard them now, so very pretty) if we hadn't gotten (in my opinion) crappy items yesterday too. Two pretty lackluster days in a row isn't really all that thrilling.
At least we got an achievement.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I wasn't aware it was the Darkheart guy. That makes sense. I wasn't able to get on before the site went down.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

If they ARE doing it to punish players... really, how petty. People are going to complain. Punishing them isn't going to do anything but make them complain more.

If they're NOT doing to punish users... then how lame. I hope tomorrow brings better items, heh.