Subeta Advent Calendar

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Re: Subeta Advent Calendar

Post by Tom »

They did the same thing last year with the dusty pile of coal. It doesn't really bother me, heh, at least we got a new item. :P
Subeta: Thomas
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I like the coal. I want another for treasures. =) The Phantom has to come by sometime!
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Darkheart Phantom is not nice. He's a villain, he's not going to give you good items. His items always were supposed to be booby prizes.

Oh, and from an expert's point of view, there wasn't really that much complaining yesterday. Really, you weren't punished.

This is LAST YEAR (2007 - NOT THIS YEAR) prize from December 18th, the day Darkheart showed up

Pile of Dusty Coal

-250sP

WHAT?! As you lean down to grab your prize, coal explodes around you. I hope Melody is back tomorrow! :(
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

It sure feels like we're being punished though, as we already had Darkheart take over for Melody once already, with no prizes for that day.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Wasn't that a mistake? I don't keep excellent track of my Subeta-days, but I seem to remember the site going down for a while and Melody reappearing with presents.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Yeah, I didn't get Darkheart Phantom at all this month until today. I think the previous one was a mistake D:
<3
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Darkheart was a mistake, and the calendar was quickly resetted on that day.

It was Thursday, if I remember right. The 18th. Because he showed up on December 18th last year, and Keith redid the daily coding, without changing Darkheart.
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

Spoiler: open/close
Sweetie Top

Amazingly Warm Sexy Coat

Gingerbread Bow

and 500 sP
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'd really really love the coat if it wasn't for the huge hood :( Unless I can find some way to hide it, I doubt I'll ever wear it.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Is the cottage page not loading correctly for anyone else? (Blank white and the sidebar - no "collect gifts" button or Melody or text or anything.)

EDIT: Okay, based on the forums, this is not just my computer being bratty. :P

The gifts for today do look pretty, though.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Seerow wrote:I'd really really love the coat if it wasn't for the huge hood :( Unless I can find some way to hide it, I doubt I'll ever wear it.
I agree. I was excited to try it out and the item artwork is very nice. I wish it looked more like that on the HA.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Iggy wrote:Darkheart Phantom is not nice. He's a villain, he's not going to give you good items. His items always were supposed to be booby prizes.

Oh, and from an expert's point of view, there wasn't really that much complaining yesterday. Really, you weren't punished.

This is LAST YEAR (2007 - NOT THIS YEAR) prize from December 18th, the day Darkheart showed up

Pile of Dusty Coal

-250sP

WHAT?! As you lean down to grab your prize, coal explodes around you. I hope Melody is back tomorrow! :(
Nonono. I completely understand that part. I'm just saying that it seems a bit more coincidental for him to show up the day after two repeat items are given out and people complain about it is all. I wasn't actually complaining about the coal because I do like it as a wearable. I doubt I'll ever use it, but it looks cool.

Today's items are interesting. The bow is cute, and the coat makes a nice item. I'd also like it better if it didn't have such a buge hood. But again, it's probably something I'll never use, so I shan't complain. 8) The top is the interesting thing. It's very small. XD It looks like I haven't missed anything either. I was gone all day yesterday and couldn't get online (the hotel was charging $10 for a day of service? Wat?). Oh well.
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

To be honest, I didn't mind getting coal'd by Darkheart yesterday. At that point, I didn't fix my HA from the last coal attack, so it didn't really matter that much to me ^^;

Todays items are okay. The jacket looks amazing as an item, but I agree that the hood is giant and I'm not too happy about that bit of hair that comes with it. The bow and the top are cute, though I don't think I'll be using any of them unfortunately.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Items for December 24:
Spoiler: open/close
ImageImage
Gingerbread Apron
ImageImageImage
Gingerbread Dress
ImageImageImage
Sweetie Corset

And

750sP!

I love the dress and corset (the dress especially). Very nice items. :D
Edit: I'm going to try to not make myself look like an idiot. :/
Last edited by TCStarwind on 24 Dec 2008 09:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm guessing the corset is supposed to go with that thin top from yesterday, but the squiggly line of the neckline makes me feel like it's missing fur. Is there some other piece of clothing it's also meant to go with?

I love the dress. Even the apron. Since I'm going to be making gingerbread cookies for hours and hours tomorrow, maybe I'll make an appropriate avatar for it! (It'll still be creepy. I am me, after all. You should see the cookies I make.)
Image Image