Subetapedia

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Subetapedia

Post by Joey »

So it's finally up. I've read through what they've got up cause I like that kind of thing. Pretty interesting, though I'm curious to know what leads to the some characters going under the good category while others are neutral. Specifically I'm wondering about Alexander the Ontra and Jim. What makes them any more good then say... Morty King or Pete?
Luxe

Re: Subetapedia

Post by Luxe »

Actually, I'm glad there's a topic here about this. Can I get a non-staff someone to screencap the main page of the Subetapedia for me? I don't know what it looks like to you guys.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/j ... Screen.jpg

Here's kind of a jpg-y screen of what it looks like for me on Firefox 3.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I want the pretty background :( Mine is just white with a scroll bar. When it was first released the book background extended about 1/3 up the page from the bottom then just abruptly cut off. Since the site died and came back, the whole page is now white. I'm using FF3.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Haven't read anything yet, but about the front page - I personally think it'd look better with the black lines like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/ ... apedia.gif - rather than under Good/Bad/Neutral Characters where is currently is.

But that's just a personal preference.

{edit} Also, regarding new events:
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I see this, Luxe. I'm not sure why the background image isn't showing up, as I can't find anything in my custom CSS that would conflict with it.

Either way, aren't there any artists or someone else with a good design eye that could clean that up? I don't find the dotted/solid borders, big gaps, and unclear organization at all attractive. And then scroll boxes within the articles themselves are inconvenient, I prefer to scroll naturally.

Information is nice, but it should be pleasantly arranged if you want people to look at it.
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

Thanks for those! It seemed less tacky to ask here than plaster it in the news.

I want to do away with the sub-categories within the NPCs category. It's not really fair to give out preconceived ideas of a character's alignment. My edit/create category feature hasn't been working though, which means I will have to bug Keith. 8D

The scrolling is because of the background image. It's either that or making the book image tile, and that makes less sense. If Keith hasn't already noticed, I'll make sure he's aware of what happens when there are events on the screen. I agree the layout could use a bit of tweaking.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Just for the hell of it, here's the code to remove the book background:

Code: Select all

div#book {display: none}