Official Subeta Giveaway!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
covet

Re: Official Subeta Giveaway!

Post by covet »

That first giveaway was amazing. I do think, though, that the problem is that we came to expect them, and then when they didn't quite measure up (for all the many and varied reasons) it was a crashing disappointment.

I don't really like regular giveaways. As a rare, random thing people are caught by surprise and delighted with the things they get (although there were complaints even with the first giveaway, I remember less of them). As a regular yearly or twice yearly thing, people develop a sense of expectation (and a reasonable entitlement to fairness) and it gets harder and harder to measure up.

This free shop thing will never do it for me. I can now get things, if i'm willing to refresh every three seconds forever, and i know there are some awesome rare items in there. I'm not getting them, and it doesn't feel worth the effort. This is a c+p from my inventory:

Minty Clingy Kitty
Melody Item
Floppy Fraustus Buddy
Melody Item
Hoarfrosts Tunic
Melody Item
Hoarfrosts Encasing Boots
Melody Item
Collection of Snowflakes
Melody Item
Ice Cold Stompin Boots
Melody Item
Gingerbread Apron
Melody Item
Snow Monstrrrrrar Plushie
Melody Item

That's what I've gotten all day. In the entire giveaway I haven't picked up a single item that excited me. Kudos for the improvement, it's far better than it was. But meh.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

That giveaway was so awesome.... but I think Covet brings up a good point about "expectations."

I'm personally satisfied with the free shop as it is; it has its share of issues, but I've been getting enough decent stuff from it that it's balancing out the Melody items and the common shop trinkets. I'm sorry not everyone is having the same experience. =(
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I still have much of the stuff that I grabbed/was given from that giveaway. That giveaway truly was amazing!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I have gotten a ton of stuff, though almost all Melody items and, for some reason, Vampire Slayer Plushies (5). And I think I paid a few hundred crystals for one of those when the shop first came out, grr (unless I'm confusing it with one of the other vampire-type plushies).

I was grabbing a cheap "rare" item now and then before, so at least I can frag them if I decide not to sell them.

But, really ...
Sewts, Ott-Oh, Tobias Shirt, Snow Monstrrrrrar Plushie, Lunatike, Friendly Snowperson Head, Surplus Melody Locks, Ice Cold Stompin Boots, Snuggly Fraustus Turtleneck, Clyde, Tales of the Winter Lady, Gingerbread Apron
Winter Dress x3
Melody Lipgloss x3
Winter Chill x2
Friendly Snowperson Suit x3
The Winter Grove x4
Snowflake Pajama Pants x2
Snowflake Candle x2
Sweetie Top x4
Sweetie Corset x3

I also wish I waited to buy the books so I could have one to read and one to save. I think I spent about a mil buying them all before the giveaway.

But if anyone would like any of the multiple Melody items, or a Vampire Slayer Plushie, comment me on Subeta.

But people have gotten Shinigamis, so I can't stop trying ...
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I accept 0 - Giant Lotus has been put in your items
Heh, figures. I've wanted one of these since the day they appeared on the servers, and now, that they're dead cheap, I have two. xD

Oh well, they were one of that most dreaded of wearables to me - the kind where you need two - one for the wardrobe and one for the gallery of shiny things. Now I can do that and not have to stress about whomg the monies! it took for that to happen.

So I'm good. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yeah, I also just noticed what Ty mentioned. If there's a particular item you really want, you can just refresh for it on the shop search until it comes up as 0 in the free shop and buy it instantly. That may also be why people still aren't getting rare items, despite the seeming randomness.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Makes me wish I HADN'T traded an item worth 30 million for my Giant Lotus (although come to think of it, I think I got that item in a giveaway, too.)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Doesn't the "Go" link just take you to the shop, though? It's not a "buy it now" option like for user shops. I think. I hope, cause if it is, I been doin' it wrong.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Oh, I'm not sure then. I haven't tried for anything that way, since I'm mostly just poking around and nothing I wanted or didn't have already came up in my searches. That'd be better. Of course, it would also serve to torment you; knowing that X item is in there for sure, but you don't know which box.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yeah, you don't buy the item right away if you go to a shop through the shop search. You Just go to the shop and then have to go the route of finding the item, clicking and so on. I've done it plenty of time for wizard quests so I don't think it's any different with the free shop.

So far I've just grabbed melody items and some random smaller items. I got stripped stockings I didn't mind keeping and two big sell items. So I'm pretty happy with what I've got. Here are a list of things I don't want. If anyone wants just say something.
Fraustus the Snowgoyle
Ice Encased Narcissus
Attack of the Killer Felis
Polar Bear Slippers
Friendly Snowperson Head
Surplus Melody Locks
Graveyard Darkonite Plushie
Sage Gent Vest
I Heart Pete T-shirt
Tobias Shirt
Field Mallarchy Beanbag
Hoarfrosts Emblem
Hikei Elixir
Shroud of the Galaxy
Festive Mushy Plushie
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Yeah, I just saw the "Go!" for the Giant Lotus and got all excited... what a tease. XD

I got a Blush of Winter again. I really wish they'd stop with the advent items from this year.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I accept 0 - Giant Lotus has been put in your items

Yay! That was probably the third box I've clicked on this entire giveaway. :twisted:
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Buying The Court Jesters Raving Mad Drummer Wig

I see you have a discount card in your items! I give you the discount price of 0! The Court Jesters Raving Mad Drummer Wig has been added to your inventory

Not a Shinigami but yay, finally something good.
covet

Post by covet »

I still haven't managed to grab anything I liked, sigh.

My shop message has changed to this:

There aren't any items restocked! Maybe there isn't a giveaway going on right now :(!

Is it over?
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

According to one of the staff members on the forums, it is indeed over :( Kinda wish they had made a news post saying as such, so people don't keep stalking the shop. It says for me it was just stocked a minute ago.

Best think I got was a Wolf Tooth. Not a legendary by any means, but still a nice profit. I kinda wish next year its tweaked just a bit more to lean less on the AC stuff :P I kept getting the creepy purple dragon guy stuff.

It was fun while it lasted though, after the changes Keith made!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.