Official Subeta Giveaway!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: Official Subeta Giveaway!

Post by mellaka »

Wow congrats. I saw someone else I know got one too. I just keep getting more and more Melody items:

Friendly Snowperson Suit x3
Friendly Snowperson Head
Sweetie Top x2
Melody Lipgloss x2
etc., etc. ...
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm so loving this new way of doing the giveaway. I always spent to much time looking through the shop for something I really wanted. This way I don't waste that time. I just click and hope I get lucky. I like the bit of gamble to it. So far I've gotten 3 things. Melody Locks, Feild Knit Gloves and Oh! Naturale Ailuridae Ribbon. Nothing I was aiming for but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I just got happy I got something. Now I just wish I wasn't away from the computer most of the day so I could of spent more time at the free shop. Ah well.
Also congrats Lavender! That's a great grab. ^_^ I'm also love the colour matching going on.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I accept 0 - Daisy Summerdress has been put in your items
I love this new system. :mrgreen:

ETA: Holy f... congratulations, Lavender!
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Holy wow, Lavender! @3@ That's the grab of all grabs. And you may now pass Go and collect $200. Lucky you! XD
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Unforeseen side effect:
Shop Search wrote:Shop Name Item Name Price Amount Buy
Free Shop White Formal Gloves 888 1 Go!
Yeahhh, let me get right on that. ;P
Image Image
Scimthary

Post by Scimthary »

I can't even load subeta :!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

It's been down for a while. Went down right in the middle of me trying to do stuff. Grr.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I haven"t managed to grab a single thing from the giveaway yet :< Even with this new system. I guess I fail.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I got a Ballerina costume, but I really wish I would have gotten a Lotus more :)
:)
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I grabbed quite a few things, but nothing I'd consider super-awesome. Mostly elixirs, plushies, and Melody stuff. But yeah, the site's been down since about 3 this morning. I just managed to make it to a (very broken-looking) free shop, though, so maybe it'll be back up soon?

Edit: ...It's like it wants me to look stupid. Anyway, it's back up. All the gifts in the gift shop are X's now, though. :P

Buying Dark Matter Crystal Sword
I accept 0 - Dark Matter Crystal Sword has been put in your items

Woot?

ETA2: Here's a list of what I've gotten so far. It's all free to anyone who wants it.

Frozen Breath of Fraustus
Twilight Devonti Beanbag
Bonnie
Candy Cane Scarf
Charlie Folding Knife
Chill Remedy
Cream Bovyne Elixir
Dark Matter Crystal Sword
Dawn Magnus Elixir
Dillema ElixirGolden Manchu Elixir
Golden Velosotor Elixir
Minty Clingy Kitty
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Personally, I would have preferred a blend of this and the original system. Make it so that the presents went in the Donation corner (like they used to) but so that they were wrapped so that no one could see what they were. Or make it so that the Free Shop restocks continuously during the giveaway so that there's always presents there.

I like the surprise aspect of having everything in boxes but I'm still finding it WAY too hard to get anything.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Honestly, the only reason I even grabbed anything last night was because I was up until 4 am Subeta time grabbing wrapping paper for my last Luminaire achievement anyway and there were only 600 people on at the time. And even then I struggled to get gifts at points.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Sorry to hear some of you are still having troubles catching stuff :(

I'm actually having almost no difficulties anymore. I just scroll halfway down the page or so and just click a box and nine times out of ten get it. Hope the rest of you have more luck!! *Crosses fingers*

Anyone know how long the giveaway is going to last?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
covet

Post by covet »

Even i get a box most tries, but sitting around refreshing is no fun. i'd rather it was stocked all the time and we could pick one box per half hour or something. Having gotten nothing but advent items and a pair of sunglasses, it's not worth my while.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Remember that first huge giveaway? Wasn't that, like, the best thing ever? The one with all the... draconis...es...? Man. Those were the days, eh? ;) We had that huge, 10 or 20 page thread on NC that was just "I got X and Y and Z, who needs 'em?" It inspired so much happiness and selflessness. I got and gave so many items. It was like a giant candy store and we'd all been set loose. It felt magical. And the items that were really rare and expensive did get cheap. Briefly. They're mostly back at the expensive ranks now. Harpier is almost 9M. XS0001 is on sale at 5M! We know that Snowflaik runs expensive--9M or so right now. Snap-Dragon is 1.8M. Only two Dream Dragons in shops, for 6M. Incendo runs at 2M and is pretty rare. Scalpel of Doom even increased in price, I think. Some things stayed cheaper than before (like the Frankencluck pieces), but really, we all came out ahead; I sold off some of the stuff no one here wanted, a year later, and made a tidy bundle.

That was the best giveaway ever, and maybe it's unfair to compare every other giveaway to that one, but things started out so strong, with so much to grab, and now it's a struggle to get purple sunglasses or something.

I'm not saying that the stuff-in-boxes isn't an improvement for the Free Shop, because it clearly is, but the awesomely immense DC giveaway was by far my favorite vehicle. It's unfortunate that it obviously took more effort on the part of staff, because it was fantastic.
Image Image