Official Subeta Giveaway!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Official Subeta Giveaway!

Post by Cranberry »

Keith has made some changes -- things are now in boxes, so you can't see what you're getting. I like this! I still suck at it (people are FAST), but it's fairer and more fun.

(He also just put in more 1-month GAs and some God weapons.)
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

:D Things like this restore my faith in Subeta so much <3 I actually managed to snag a giftbox! It was a Gold Fork, but I don't even care 'cause I'm so happy! I managed to get something! ^_^
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Hee, I feel like Sunwolf does; I'm just so happy to be able to snag anything. I'd love to find something rare and costly, naturally, but I'm happy with this.

The only thing I'd find fairer is if once you clicked an item it was yours (if I'm still missing boxes, with my fast computer and connection, I can only imagine how those with slow connections are doing), but since there has always been another available for me (and I presume, others too) to select it's cool.

Thanks, Keith, it was good of you to listen and change. <3 *tosses red and green confetti at you*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Well this is certainly much better and I just saw an entire stock restock. Clicked on a box midway down the page, got to the haggle screen, and it was sold out. Hit back and of course the entire shop was empty. But at least now it should be better. I'll have to try my luck later on it seems.

Thanks for tweaking this Keith! I still greatly preferred the old giveaways, but the free shop is much nicer now!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I've been getting cheap elixirs and advent stuff from this year, but I'm happy to be getting anything at all.

At first, I didn't like this. There's a lot of junk hiding in there. But at least this gives everyone a pretty fair shot, even if you can't stalk the shop for hours.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Agreed, this is better than before. I've picked up a Chion Plushie, if anybody wants it.

I do wish it linked you back to the shop if the item is gone by the time you hit the button on the haggle page, but I'm going to assume that's a problem with the shops as a whole and not just limited to the Free Shop.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Yeah Alecko, that's always been a problem with shops as a whole. And you're right, it is very annoying.

So I've already gotten three things. Two advent and a pretty dress. May not be worth millions, but I don't care. Its actually kinda fun now :D
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Holy crap, I just snagged a Rainbow Kitty Beanbag!

Okay, I really like this new secret present feature. :D
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Congrats Mayhem!

I just got a Billboard. o_O
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I haven't gotten anything... I click, and that box is sold out, click again and the next box is sold out, lather, rinse, repeat.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Rarest I got is a Misery Lotus Anti Tunic which is awesome, since I sold mine in a 1 sP auction earlier this week :)
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

I've gotten a couple things so far. An advent item and a couple cheap things... and then I got a Frecklepencil. It was floored.

I really like this new method. It's much more fun then before because it's always a surprise and takes the fierce competition out of it. :)
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I haven't even seen any presents in the shop yet, but I'm really glad Keith changed the system. I think I'm going to have more fun this way, if nothing else.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Ohh, I got something rare and didn't even know it :D
Got a Blue Luminaire Cracker earlier and didn't realize it was worth almost 2 mill. Yay :D
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I really like the changes made to the Free Shop. I haven't gotten anything fabulous, but the fun is back in the whole giveaway. Thanks to Keith and staff for listening and making some changes.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image