(Old) Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Rah

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by Rah »

That lizard minion event isn't the one that will get you the items though :) Those events appear no matter what you have in your inventory! It's like that maliss event. Just stupid and annoying xD

I'm curious as to what happens when the /actual/ lizard event appears. The 'You've found a R99 item on the floor, but lizard minions appear from nowhere and scurry away with it!'

Has anyone had that yet?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, that's good... I guess... it still seems really coincidental, but I guess that's why they're "random" events. =\ I would still like to hear from someone that the trap and spray definitely work when they're locked.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

It does seem rather odd that several of us have had that event popping up frequently since locking our lizard traps/sprays. I've seen it at least three times in the past week. I'm tempted to only lock my lizard items when I'm quickstocking, but now I'm not sure what to do. Hmmm.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

You notice a SubetaBall on the ground, but right when you bend down to pick it up, lizard minions come out of nowhere and scurry off with it!

Your trap springs and you spray like mad as the lizard minions escape. They will not get away this time! You place SubetaBall into your inventory.
Locked trap and spray. ^^ So either somebody fixed something, or it was just a dry spell for the thieving things.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Thanks, Kamil. I'll rearrange my locks now. It really is convenient having them not show up in quickstock.
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Is anyone else finding their profile is inexplicably and unalterably re-ordered?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Mine is. It's irritating. I'll deal with it tomorrow, hoping that whatever happened is done with.

edit--achievement today! I beat Mama Mush, after failing miserably over and over. I beat her with about two-thirds of Mezzanine's life left, even. Maybe I waited too long to try again. Haha. Yay Mezz!

Pretty sure the other achievements are still out of my reach, though. Not that I know any "strategies" for beating Maleria or Saggi... I just assume I can't do it.
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Bloody hell. Whoever sent me that Enchanted Hypnosis Wand thank you very much!!
As you wave the Enchated Hypnosis Wand in front of Sioe face, it requests a new name for your pet.
And Sidhe finally has his proper name. :D I didn't even know the name was free until I opened the gift and the sender mentioned it to me.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Aw, what a kind present. That's a good name, too!
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Your pet has changed into a Spectrum Kerubi!
I consider this a big achievement because poor people like Ty and Rah and Seerow have had to listen to me whine quite literally for -months- about how bad I wanted a Spectrum Kerubi but how it didn't fit -any- of my pets and I didn't have the heart to potion them!

Now, thanks to the magic that is more pet slots, I have Junco the Spectrum Kerubi!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I love Junco. ^_^

My day started out really crappy, because I was sick and pessimistic. But between getting my new wig and getting an awesome deal on a mystical montre plushie (*hearts!*), I'm doing a lot better. I just need to buy one more montre plushie and I'll be full of pet slots!! I hope one goes up for sale soon, hee. I've been checking obsessively.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I bought a GA yesterday, and I just realized that I have the autopricer again. Now everything in my shop is priced (I had hundreds of unpriced items that had been accumulating since October), and I might actually be able to make some money! XD
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I got another Blackheart Hollow item, yay! But I don't want it. Anyone here want a Loose Strands of Cinnamon? I'll give you a discount because NCers rock. An even bigger discount if you can point me to someone who's selling a mystical montre plushie. ;)

edit--is gone! Still need a MMP, though. *grins*
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Okay I got hit with inspiration and couldn't wait for a month and a half for my other loyalty box, I had to get my extra pet slot today. So after hunting around thesaurus.com I found the perfect name with what I had in mind. Everyone, I want you to meet .Ersatz.! Unfortunately the name without periods was already taken but I can live with that. ^-^ He's going to be an experiment #84. I have been wanting one ever since I joined the site but I didn't have a character that fit it. But after some brainstorming now I do! He's like a messenger/gopher for a higher power being that doesn't have it's own body. More to come soon as I think on him more. I'm just so happy to have him! Now hope I get lucky on zaps. The only down side is I have to live with uneven pet number for a month and a half. **squirms**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

This isn't really an achievement or a woe, but I can't think of where else to post it. It's more of a useless complaint, really. =) My favorite thing to do on Subeta now is to work on my pets' treasures. I buy Magical Keepsake Boxes from the Millionaire Center twice a day, yet I'm *still* always out, because I have tons of treasures waiting. I can't really complain, since my problem is having too many nice things, but still! It's getting to the point where it seems sort of pointless to buy more wishlist items until I've cleared out all the ones I already have. I spent a little bit of time today trying to contact the people with lots of overpriced ones in their shops, but no one wants to sell at a bulk rate. (Nearly 300k per box seems a bit pricey--I understand them being a little more expensive than their regular selling price, but sheesh. Doubling the price?) I made a board in the "Wanted" section of the forums--no responses yet, but hopefully there are folks on Subeta willing to sell me lots and lots of boxes. I don't suppose anyone here has extra boxes that they'd like to sell?