(Old) Human avatars

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Human avatars

Post by Wingsrising »

Huh. Yeah, I was expecting more time than that, too. Really, guys. The point of announcing things are going to retire is to that people rush to buy them, which MAKES YOU MONEY. You need to give people enough time to run to the cash shop!

I'm surprised they did it that lockstep as far as "retiring the oldest" went, too... I don't think they did that last time.

Keeping in mind that it isn't necessarily JUST the oldest that get retired, next 6 oldest, oldest first, bringing us up to the end of 2008, are:

Dilapidated Circus Trunk
Zombie Survival Kit
Bride and Groom Costume Trunk
Popstar Costume Trunk
Box of Festive Snacks
Collectors Edition Blob Kitty Case

I doubt they'd retire all those, but I've been wrong before. If there's anything you desperately need, might make sense to pick it up, just in case.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm sure whoever was in charge of that hinty mchint thought it was very clever and that they totally gave us enough time. I personally have given up on having a complete Ossuary--no way in hell am I paying the price for that dog collar with a bone on it from the swanky set. Gah! Bon is awesome. D= =D

I did finally buy the female circus trunk, but any more would set me back too much sP for too little return. Pity, because I'd love to make a zombie bride.
Image Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Soooo... I fragmented loads and loads and loads of common items over a period of time which could have been far more productively spent, however, was rewarded with this rather funky headdress. And then it was just a matter of trying to make it match which was... far too taxing for my little brain. So I threw on lots of random stuff, so it looks... a little off. Very random. But it makes me happy. And that's what's important.

Plus, I liked how the wig made it look all... plumey at the back. :P This made me happy.
Subeta: Thomas
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Hahaha, Tom, that's collectively very awesome.
Image Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Could be ancient news, but I just noticed the Plain Picture Frame became wearable when I was browsing around in the full wardrobe. Ignoring the frame itself, I really like how it centers the av. I'll use a lot more full backgrounds with this that I normally don't because they seem too cluttering.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

That's gorgeous, Cyro.

*stops staring* Thanks for pointing that out; I'd missed that going wearable. And again? Wow, that's pretty.

Edit:

I don't often wear backgrounds anymore, as they seem to overpower the clothing. But. This is just so, so pretty that not only couldn't I sell it when I bought the trunk, I just had to take it out for a spin.

The underwater backgrounds are just as pretty; it's very tempting to become part-haddock just long enough to give them a try too. =D

Turns out I liked this better without the background, but I never got around to saving a copy of it that way, so this is the version I'm left with, now that I've changed clothes.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I always like your HAs, Tom. They're so unusual, yet they somehow always work together!

When did they make the old corsets not suck? Because I remember this corset sucking and it currently definitely doesn't suck.

EDIT:

Pirates! Yar.

EDIT 2: Went on a bit of a wishlist spending spree:

Someone else post some HAs so I can stop editing this post! :-)
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

I'm still playing around with the shaman background; it really is very pretty.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

That's very pretty! What are the tiny butterflies from?
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

The gold butterflies are the Fairy Broach and Fairy Golden Ring from the Box of Fairy Dust costume trunk. The items look so subtle and pretty with that dress, Kamil. Makes me think that I shouldn't have sold it.

I tried to make a character of mine but I got a little carried away with making her look fashionable instead of accurate. Still, I really like it.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I like that, too, Dollfie. The baggy turtlenecks look so nice with a lot of tight shirts and whatnot--the funky corsets, the corset dresses, whatever. I like them.
Image Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Haha, thank you people. I do try to inject a certain amount of... individuality into my HAs. :P

I love how the secret key works with the woodland following. :D And also the whole Southern Belle set. The slippers and sunflower are particularly fetching.
Subeta: Thomas
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

I love so many of the new trunk items; they each have so many different nifty little pieces. But they make my wallet cry. Poor wallet. xD

Edit: Also? Dammit, Tom, now I need to think about buying a Key of Secrets. Because you're totally right: that's about the only thing I've seen that works with the Woodland Following. And it, and you, look really hot.

I need to go buy more books, I think. *wallet weeps in despair*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I think the female Shaman background works pretty well with the Woodland Following, too, e.g:

In other news I splurged on a bunch of the male Sorcerer items:

Is anyone else really surprised they retired the Brass Dragon trunk already?

Does anyone else ever feel like they have tons of great clothes they'll never get around to wearing because they just have so many?

EDIT:

http://www.subeta.net/slib/avatar.php/157670
For some reason I had the Highlander theme going through my head when I made this, despite having no obvious relationship to Highlander whatsoever.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I really love the Princess Bride wig from the Reading Drive shop and had to make a new avatar with it. Pretty happy with how it turned out :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.