January 2009 Donation Presents (+ new DP system)

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

January 2009 Donation Presents (+ new DP system)

Post by Officer 1BDI »

First, Keith's news post:
You can find the January 2009 Collection in the Cash Shop! They've had a significant change in the spirit of the new year There are now 10 items per month, and you get to choose what you want!
And now, the DPs:

Toys
Hello Kumos Doll

Wearables
Vintage Sued P-Coat
Image Image

Soft Winter Shawl

Garnet Wisps

Mini Glacier Invasion

Garnet Capricorn Staff

Obviously there are 4 other DPs, but I haven't found them yet. ETA: Thank you, Lavender. :)
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 01 Jan 2009 05:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Re: January 2009 Donation Presents (+ new DP system)

Post by lavender »

Image Celerie
Image Garnet-Encrusted Anyu Plushie
Image There Are Doors
Image Cheep

I chose the Mini Glacier Invasion and the Garnet Capricorn Staff. The Glacier Invasion is just too cute ^_^
I'm interested to see what this new system will bring to the economy. Wish it was implemented sooner, though... ::staresatCuddlyActicBuddyonwishlist::
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I love the shawl. The coat is pretty cute, too.

I like the new system, overall. I'm interested in the economic effects, too; I assume it means we won't have as many booby prize DPs that get really cheap. Might just raise all the prices, altogether.
Image Image
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

There's no items I desperately need, but I do like the Garnet-Encrusted Anyu Plushie.

I'm very, very happy with the new system, though. I think if people are spending real money then they deserve to choose the item they receive. In terms of economic effects, I would predict that it will raise the value of all DP items, because people get exactly what they want, and it's unlikely that many will be sold in user shops because of that. I think Subeta will benefit though, because more people, myself included, will want to buy donation presents from the cash shop. So overall I think it's definetely a good idea ^^
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

None of the items this month is saying BUY ME NOW but I do like the new system.
I never got what I wanted out of donation presents but now I will :o

I'll save my cash shop credits for next month. It's my birthday so I'm bound to need something.
Not all who wander are lost.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I LOVE this new system! Finally, no more getting 5 bowling pins while trying to get something I really want *_*

Luckily, there's also not a lot I need this month. I was excited when I saw what the mini glacier invasion thing was, but... I don't really like it. I still want a way for our pets to be on our avatar - wasn't that promised to us back when the avatar system first started? e_e This isn't exactly what I had in mind.

I want the little bird for Kuriko, and I don't know yet, but I might want the jacket or the shall. Or both. But the jacket is very close to the Anti Subeautique set, and I can't figure out if that's a good thing or not - how much I'll use it when I just love the Anti Jacket.

I must say though, I think the new NAME of the presents is a bit silly. January 2009 'Collection'? It sounds odd e-e
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohh, I think I may like this. I usually buy quite a few DPs each month, and always end up with several that sell for less then a mill. This will make collecting most of the months dps for my gallery/resale value later more challenging though cause there won't be near as many (if any) uber cheap ones.
I think I'm really going to like this change though, so good job for implementing it Keith :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

As a person who has just about never gotten what I wanted from DPs and one dud item from the Lumineve present, I'm ecstatic for the new system. Of course, I agree with everyone that it's effects on the economy will be interesting, but I can predict that the overall sales of DPs on-site and the popular items from the DPs will be in more abundance while the less popular or well-liked DPs might be harder to find.

I really like this month's items far more than December's. The wearables are really nice and cute, and the Celerie is adorable <3
Keith

Post by Keith »

I think that the combination of less items (no duds) + being able to choose will probably make us a significant amount less money from monthly DPs. That's not really a problem since we have costume trunks, and other things in the CS that still bring in enough money to cover things. Right now I couldn't feel right making people pay $20 and keep getting items they don't want, when everyone is so tight on money. :(
covet

Post by covet »

It's a nice thing to do, Keith, and you may well be surprised. In a month where there are only one or two items I want, I'm far more likely to have bought them with SP than risk getting 10 dud presents before I found what I was after. This new method has probably talked me into spending cash on presents far more regularly, and I bet I'm not alone. Five dollars is a lot less painful to spend when you know you're getting something you want.

Thanks XD
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Well I'm so glad you made us able to choose what we want Keith. That's what always kept me from buying the presents. The chance of getting something I didn't want rather then something I wanted. So now I'm more willing to shell out the money now I can get something I know I'll love. ^_^ Thanks for doing this!

I was excited about seeing DPs come out this month, seeing it's my birthday month. I'm loving the garnet wig and staff. They look so pretty worn. The coat and shawl look great worn too. The other items don't really do it for me. Now I have to decide what I want more. My wife said she probably get me a couple of DPs for my birthday if I wanted. Damn choices. **rubs chin**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I think Covet is right, Keith - you might be pleasantly surprised! People that have hated buying DPs for the risk will now feel a lot more comfortable spending $5 or $10 to grab the items they want without risking getting the items they don't want. Overall i think its a huge improvement.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Jessibean wrote:I think Covet is right, Keith - you might be pleasantly surprised! People that have hated buying DPs for the risk will now feel a lot more comfortable spending $5 or $10 to grab the items they want without risking getting the items they don't want. Overall i think its a huge improvement.
This. I'm actually considering spending real money on DPs for the first time in ages. :D Seems like with the old system, I'd usually end up getting everything I DIDN'T want, or the same thing over and over, so I just kind of... gave up, after a while.

Plus with this system the prices should end up being more fair, you won't have a couple of items that are worth like 10mil+ at the end of the month while everything else is 1mil or less.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Hmm, I don't really play Subeta much anymore, but if I still did I would be over the moon about this change. Generally there are only one or two items a month I want and 3 or so that I don't want but wouldn't mind having in my gallery. I stopped buying DPs long ago because I never, ever, ever got what I wanted. I remember spending 25 dollars the month the Emancipate was released trying to get one, and I didn't get it. In the end, I was left with tons of duds such as multiple Dancing Turkeys and was forced to fork over sP to buy one from another player. After that I pretty much gave up on DPs.

From my point of view, this will actually raise the amount spent on DPs. People like me who only want one item a month will be encouraged to spend 2.50 to buy it, instead of simply going without. Collectors, resellers, and people who want all the wearables will still buy $10 or more worth of items. People who used to buy DPs even betting against the odds will probably buy less, but lower-end players who used to buy none at all will be brought out and convinced to spend $2.50 or $5. Overall, I think it'll probably average out to be about the same, if not more.

I wish this had happened sooner, though.... I've pretty much lost interest in Subeta over the last few months... So I'll never get to reap the benefits of this new system.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

PEA COAT. Not P-Coat. They fixed the old ones, but then named the new one wrong! It's a nice wearable, though.

My favorites are the shawl (we need more shawls/cloaks/capes) and the cheep.