January 2009 Donation Presents (+ new DP system)

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: January 2009 Donation Presents (+ new DP system)

Post by Wingsrising »

I wasn't that impressed by the shawl when I first saw it, but then I realized it will probably look nice over the bridal gown for winter outfits.

So maybe I need that and the pea coat.

I'll be interested to see what happens to sales. There will be a lot of people who will fewer presents because it isn't such a crap shoot and they'll only buy as many presents as they want items. But, there will also be a lot of people (like me) who will be a lot more likely to buy the presents in the cash shop precisely because it isn't such a crap shoot. (I haven't bought donation presents for YEARS because I never got what I wanted.)

I'll be interested to see what happens to the prices in sP for the various items.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I really like the wig and am happy about the change. I plan to buy the ones I want and then a few extra to hold for future sales.

I also wonder how it will affect the prices of these as unopened presents. Some of the older unopened ones can get quite pricey. I think I sold a couple from 2006 for around 10 mil each recently.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I thought it was purposely misspelled, and it doesn't really look like any pea coat I've seen. It's nice, and I'd like to have one, but it only resembles a pea coat on the bottom half. I like the invasion. It'd be neater if the mortiking were drop kicking you in the face instead of just sitting on your head.I also can't help seeing the bunny thing, in the bottom corner, as an aisha.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The etymology of the word does indicate that it could have been a "p-coat" once upon a time, but that's not what the word is today. Today, that is a misspelling. And deliberate misspellings are not clever. And I don't mean "clevar."
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Never? Not even if it were a pee coat and the one posted in the news happened to be a golden pee coat?
covet

Post by covet »

Only if it was part of the new Rainyday 'golden showers' line.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Puns aren't misspellings. Nyah.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Curses! Well maybe if they removed an arm and sewed the other one into the pocket, it would be a p-coat?
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I got the wig, the staff, the glacier invasion and the book. :) No one likes books, but it was about doors, and it looked ful of awesome, so I bought one happily, and will price-gouge when RC will come.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I thought it was a very lovely book. Not, perhaps, worth the cost, overall. But very pretty!
Image Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I purchased one and promptly got the Garnet Capricorn Staff - it's beautiful. I got another unopened one for 3.3 million, but haven't decided what I want yet. I quite like the winter cloak, and am leaning towards that. I dunno about the wisps... hm. I might need to play around with it for a bit. I think the glacier invasion might just be a bit too busy for me. I love the coat, other than that it goes so high up and covers the chin. I'm surprised, I usually jump at nearly every DP wearable.
Subeta: Thomas
Ayasha
Human Avatar: 352052

Post by Ayasha »

I really like the shawl and the Garnet Wisps. I'm not too sure how much use I'll get out of the wig, so I'm holding off buying it for now, but I think I need to go nab a shawl now! The minions and the Mini Glacier Invasion are quite cute, but, again, I don't think I'll really get much use out of them.

I think, above all of the current items, I like the new system best. XD; I wish it would've been implemented last month so I didn't waste about ten bucks trying to get a Cuddly Arctic Buddy (which, I didn't get), but it's here now, so no use complaining, I guess. ^^;
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Augh. I went to get the staff - it's just so pretty - but somehow my Cash Shop credits were reset to zero (I'd had 250 - yes, the free ones. still.) Were those recalled if you didn't use them, or have I been the victim of a foul glitch? :<
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I doubt they'd recall their free credits. If they did, whoa bitchy. But I'd make a bug report.
Image Image
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

That does sound like a glitch. Even if it isn't, it would be better to submit a bug report, just in case and to get confirmation from a UA.

And that sure I kind and considerate of you Keith. Thank you! <3

I bought one a few days ago and opened it to give myself the wig, and another one today which I'll open to get a Celerie. I've got enough credits for a third present, but am unsure of what to get. I might hold it off to sell at a later time too. ^^;;