New Year's on Subeta

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

New Year's on Subeta

Post by AngharadTy »

You guyyyyys, this has been out for a day and no one's made a post? ;)

There are New Year's goodie bags floating around randomly on the site. You can get a lot of stuff from opening them--people listed a lot of stuff on this thread. A few of the items are wearables, too, which is always delicious. And today, there are a couple achievements related to the goodie bags.... Typically, they're released after I found and opened several. ;P

I got a couple good things (I love the Nabira and Shooting Fireballs) and some things that I don't care for (2009 pins) and some things that I kind of wish to scrub from my brain (Sunrise). But what a lovely idea, altogether. I hope it sticks around for a few days, at least.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: New Year's on Subeta

Post by Seerow »

I've found a grand total of one bag, and that was about a half hour before they released the achievements :( So no achievement for me, and if they bags are as rare as they seem to be not sure if I'll find the five I need. Anyone know how long these will be going on?

The items from the bags are lovely though! I added almost all of them to my wishlist.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

The new popup rate for random items is ... bleh. I don't miss them when I saw them every other page, but come on. I've been browsing the site all morning and have only found ONE. :/

And that was before the achievements for me, too.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

**hangs head in shame** Sorry. T_T

Hehehe, I'm enjoying the goodie bag hunting. I always do. And I'm with you on they release this achievement after I've already found a couple bags.
The things I've gotten so far is a pin, the yak plushie and 2 cup cakes. So nothing to exciting yet. There are a few items I'm wanting though. I wonder if this is like the fireside festival items. Where you'll find a bag instantly if you've been away from the site for awhile, hmmmm.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Happily, I just found one while playing Slots. (Good for the recycle beast, good for the goodie bags.) The popper is wearable, apparently!
Image Image
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

I just got one while checking the mail. Whoot! But I open it to just find cup cakes. Albeit pretty cup cakes, but still cup cakes. Oh well, the popper is nice. XD
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Hehe, I need all the cupcakes for Lindsay's treasure, so I'm hoping I find some of those if I get any bags. The one I opened got me a Moon Sticker and the Whiskey Decanter Set.

Edit: Yay, thanks for the Cucakes Alicorn :D Lindsay thanks you too!
Last edited by Seerow on 01 Jan 2009 06:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I haven't gotten any cupcakes yet. If you're collecting them, put 'em on your wishlist and keep it updated--so if I find one I can easily check if you still need it. ;D
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I've found two since last night. I'm concerned because there was a 2 hour gap (or so) between those two bags, not counting the time I spent sleeping. :/

The prizes are awesome, though, especially the wearable flame items.
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Well then I just found good use from my cupcakes. XD And after I posted that, I looked more at the forum thread of items you can get and saw there is a rainbow cupcake. o.o Must have!

Add on: Your welcome Seerow! ^_^
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

I have about five in my inventory, unopened. I think I only found two this morning and the other three from last night.

I like some of the minions that you can get. Does anyone have previews of the wearables by chance?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

They're in a thread on the subeta forums, although I really hate that overlay thing. It's next to useless for me; I'm not good at figuring out where things are supposed to go over a body shape. I like SHQ's system better. ;)
Image Image
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I've found two. :? Put one in my gallery and opened the other and got the fireballs item and a 2009 pin.

I need all the cupcakes for my gallery and 2 of the whiskey decanter sets. Hopefully they keep this going for a couple days... and increase the drop rate!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I too need the Whiskey Decanter set, as well as the Nabira, which is my new favorite minion on the entire site xD

Edit: YAY NABIRAAA Thank you huggles!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

ImageImage

Disembodied fiery heads, oh my! I had to have them for UltraNova. They're both creepy and cool and now I'm imaging them talking to her in voices only she can here or using them like Hexadecimals masks.