Feburary 2009 DPs

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Feburary 2009 DPs

Post by Jessi »

Or... Collections, or whatever.

Bag of Amethyst Jewels

Amethyst Masque

Amethyst Mace

Biography of Saggitarius

Lovasaurus (This isn't capitalized on the site, which REALLY bothers me)

Amethyst Tuft

Baby Violet Plushie

Pinheart

Violet Heel Pod

Amethyst-Encrusted Velosotor Plushie

First, I am absolutely IN LOVE with that wig! I have a character of mine with hair JUST like that. Seriously, short purple curls, and I can't WAIT to use the wig on an avatar xDD I love my current avatar too much to change right away but glee!

I also love the Baby Violet Plushie - so so so so cute, Fabiyn wants it so bad. And the Pinheart is a MUST for Fyfe xD And the bag of jewels doesn't impress me worn, but it's perfect for Shavri's treasures, too!

I think my least favorite items are the Mace and the Masque. The Mace just isn't as pretty as the weapon from last month. And the Masque is pretty as a wearable, but the item is rather... smushed together? I guess its nice if you want a pretty masque to wear but I'm unimpressed by the item itself.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Feburary 2009 DPs

Post by Wingsrising »

Hmm. I sort of like the Violet Heel Pod, but that's pretty much it for me this month.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I need at least two of these: the lovasaurus is perfect for Taminah's treasure (really, why isn't it capitalized on the site? and we all know I'm a lazy typer) and then the heel pod, which are supurbly adorable shoes. I'm debating whether or not I want the mask and the bag of jewels.

I really wanted to like the wig, and the coloring on it is beautiful, but I'm not fond of the short/curliness. And I know I'll never use it.

Good grief, I just spelled jewels wrong (and continue doing so). D8
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Agh damnit, for some reason, TC, when you posted you reminded me I need that damn Lovasaurus for Galena's treasures xD I hope it's not supposed to be lowercase, that's really going to bother me.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oh, must have mask for Tyri! How did they know I was making a character that wore masks. Only problem is, it doesn't cover the left side of the face and that's where is scars are. And I agree with you Jessi, the item does look smushed. Hmmmm...what to do.
The mace is very meh, definitely when you compare it to last months weapon. I mean it is pretty but kinda boring as a wearable.
I'm loving the gem wigs, they have all been so pretty! Now I just have to decide if I got the wig, how often would I use it. I just love the shade of purple it is. **pets it**
The other items are quiet nice too. I'm loving the velosotor plushie. It's just so damn cute. And as soon as I saw pinheart, I thought of Fyfe Jessie. XD Now if you would excuse me, I have to decide if I need the mask and the wig.

Add on: And I realized that I really should get the bag of jewels for Alicorn's treasure chest. Hmph.
Last edited by Alicorn on 01 Feb 2009 07:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I literally squealed when I saw this month's presents! That wig! ACK! ^_^ I know I'll definitely get the wig, the Pinheart (for Brise's treasure), the Lovasaurus (lack of capitalization bothers me, though), the bag of jewels, and the Velosotor plushie. Yup. AT LEAST.

I agree with Jessi about the masque - on the HA it is nice, but the actual item is just ok. Same thing goes with the shoes.
The mace... the item is clearly just a shrunken version of the HA. There's a bit too much empty space that could be filled with awesome purple swirls or something :P

ANYWAYS. THIS IS THE BEST MONTH, EVER!! ^_^
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I adore the shoes on, so, so pretty. And the book is very pretty, which means I'll need it for my gallery of shiny things.

And I think I need the mask to wear, even though I'm not a mask sort, usually. But I think I need this one - although I think I'm going to play with it in the recode wardrobe before I commit to spending cash, just in case. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

None of the wearables appeal to me personally this month, but I'm quite tempted by Lovasaurus and a bit by Baby Violet Plushie and Pinheart. The thing is I'm not sure I'm ready to dish out cca. 3 mil for each considering there is no longer price drops for non-wearables *rubs chin pensively*
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Hmm, this is actually the first month in a while were I don't think I'll bother getting most of them. I do really like the Bag of Amethyst Jewels and will pick that up for sure, and most likely the Pinheart as well.
The wig and shoes are pretty, but I doubt I'd ever use them enough to justify buying them.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

pinheart is not a valid item!
Well, that's the only one I want. Heh.

edit--oh, it's Pinhart.
Image Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I love the wig! I really want that, heh, I think I shall go pick it up with the 250 credits I have on my account. I think I'll also be needing the jewels, for they're rather pretty, and perhaps the mace too. I don't think I'd get much use out of it, but it's big and glowy.
Subeta: Thomas
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Aw, man. Here I was, all ready to spend my leftover 250 credits from last month and I don't like anything at all. I might get the mace for Monsoon's treasure, but eh. I don't really need to.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Aww, the Lovasaurus is wonderful, I need many. The masque is pretty, but only when worn - a lot of the wearables from this month seem to be like that. I freaked out when I saw the Amethyst-Encrusted Velosotor Plushie, cause I thought it was a minion. Darn.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

I want to like the wig, considering that all of the other Jewel DP wigs have been absolutely lovely, but there's something about it that doesn't strike me as absolute get. It's pretty, but I want to love it as much as I love the Opal Bun or Garnet Wisps. >.<

That said, the only items that I'd probably get from this would be the Bag of Amethyst Jewels and the Pinhart. The Lovasaurus and Violet Heel Pod are equally lovely, but nothing I'd want as bad as the other two.

Actually, now that I think about it, I really like the Masque's item art. It's not spectacular on a HA, but it's really pretty sitting in the box like that ^^