New Main Shop Pricing System

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: New Main Shop Pricing System

Post by mellaka »

I'm glad to hear that it has been tweaked at least.

And I've given so many friends who started playing the site 1 mil sp each, because it really isn't that much, and hasn't been (to me) for at least a couple years now. I can't afford to do gestures like that on other sites, so I was always happy to help them get started on Subeta. I think I'll be holding on to my sp more tightly from now on.

Anyway, it's all so confusing that It makes me glad I'm not a restocker.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Like Cranberry, I shall sit back and watch. Hope this won't ruin things and if it seems like it is that it'll be taken away or fixed. Really though, I have to back the people with the millionaire center idea. It'll be great with the achievement and really help get sp out of circulation. Great idea I think. **shrugs**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

I will echo what everyone else has said so far about this shop change being a terrible idea. I can't even fathom how anyone would think having less then 2 million is too much money.

I only have a little under 20mil right now, and I feel incredibly poor. I can't buy most of the stuff on my wishlist, and it keeps growing. Partly the reason I have so little is because the economy has been so stupid lately. I can hardly do wiz or saggi quests because the items they ask for are way to expensive, and I just can't justify dropping a couple million on tokens to vend when I might not make much o0f a profit off of the stuff I vend anyway. If anything I have been keeping a tight grip of whatever little sp amount I have and not buying anything - and this new shop change is just encouraging me more then ever not to spend and just sit on what I have.

I will also agree with everyone that when I joined, it was fun. Hell, I was able to save up enough money in 3 months to paint ALL my pets and afford mystical plushies. I was making several million sp a day - but not anymore since the ludicrous changes to the quests (wiz and saggi) its seems like almost every week, and the stupid inflated economy. I'm lucky now if I have a few minutes to try to do a few quests and make even 100k. I feel like I did back when I was playing neopets - which I quit because after a year of saving I still didn't have enough for even one stupid paintbrush.

So in short, subeta is not fun for me anymore, and with the real-life recession happening, I don't feel obligated to log on and play a game that just makes me feel like I'm still in 'real life' and struggling to survive. How is that fun?

"Oh! I need to feed my pet, but all that's in the shop is a loaf of bread - and it's 80,000 sp! How am I going to afford that? Sorry Iyesta, we're going to have to go hungry tonight...."

Sorry Keith, but I won't be spending any of my very-hard earned sp anytime soon. I'll sit back and watch and wait for the impending disaster with everyone else.
covet

Post by covet »

Sort of unrelated, but I don't feel like it deserves its own thread: is there any reason all seasonal items are now stocking in the holiday shop? In previous years the holiday shop would get a selection of items, while other things were spread out between their respective shops. Lovsters in the beach shop, for example. This year all the new items seem to be going straight into the holiday shop, which means it's being stalked by everyone all at once.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Search results for Lovey Dovey:

Holiday Shop: 42,280 sP
User shop: 19,000 sP

..the Holiday Shop is the only place I can really see this price system, and it is just moronic. The items that are actually rare and worth a lot still sell for 1k or less, in the shop, because so few stock that so few people get to buy them. But the more common items, like the Lovey Dovey, or those love muffins, or the dark chocolate heart thing, are worth wayyyyy too much in the shop, because they're the common items of the V-day release. They're the only items anyone can buy with consistency, so of course they sell for twice as much in the official shop as in user shops.

I suppose I'm glad that, if I actually could manage to get a Puppy Love from the shop, I'd only pay a couple hundred sP. But I am really not feelin' this price change in any way at all. Unless it's a bad feelin'.
Image Image