Vending Machines

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Vending Machines

Post by Mayhem »

The other vending machine topic is long past dead, so let's start a new one.

Where is your favorite place to vend?

Also... is it just my browser, or is vending a lot more tedious lately? I took some tokens to the machines after Keith lowered the price from 4 back down to 2, but it's so agonizing. I used to be able to just refresh the page and vend. I can't do that now, so I used to use my browser to go forward and back on the machine and item-get page...

Now, I can't even do that. I have to go all the way back out to the page where you select the vending machine and do that over and over. Is there a problem with my browser (last version of Firefox2), or is this system screwed up?
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Vending Machines

Post by AngharadTy »

They have a lot of cache issues lately. It's really aggravating. I can barely stand to train my pets.

But for vending machines--click the machine, let the item page load, click the back link, and just leave your cursor right there, at that point. Then just click, wait, click, wait. No mouse moving, and definitely no backing out to the page before, which... I would kill someone, yeahhh.
Image Image
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

I can't even do that, though. If I hit the back button back to the machine after my prize, and then click the vending button again, it gives me that error message as if I had refreshed the prize page. I have to back all the way out to the page before and reclick the vending machine, then the vending button, etc. every time. It's driving me insane.

It sounds like a cache issue like you described, which I bet isn't very high on the priority list. Sigh. :/
Varicolored on Subeta
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

By "hit the back button," what exactly do you mean? You have to click the link Subeta provides underneath the item image. Don't use the browser's "back" function in any way. I still have a hell of a time with this, because the side buttons on my mouse are back and forward, and I use them sooooo much.
Image Image
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Yes, that's what I meant. I can't even hit the link below the prize, it flips me back as if I had hit my browser button.

edit: Or rather, it did. I just tested it and it worked fine, but I could swear it didn't a few days ago when I was trying to vend. *facepalms*

I wish we could go back to refreshing on the prize page, but I guess that made it too easy on the mass-venders.
Varicolored on Subeta
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Part of the problem might also be FF, if that is the browser you are using. I've had a hell of a time using FF lately on Subeta and the Vending Machines are just one example of that.
Even if it was my very first time visiting the Machines that day, I'd still get the error message. However, using IE it doesn't and I can vend using the method Ty said above.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I have a hell of a time with all three of the browsers I have installed (IE7, FF3, Chrome) (I should test it in IE8, too, but I'm not hopeful), but generally in different areas. For instance, FF doesn't fuck up as much with pet training, but it's pickier about vending. Chrome and IE7 mess up in about the same places, though, I suppose. Mainly official shops, which is super fun for restocking! Also pet training (grrrrr I hate this one) and a few of the games, but oddly, not fishing.

I do think that this cache issue must be really low on the priority list, because I've seen several people complaining and no one talking about fixes. But it is an issue. We shouldn't all be having to come up with these workarounds.
Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I use Opera and haven't been having any cache issues on the site. My main problem with vending is that I can no longer have two open in different windows and go back and forth - clicking one while the other is loading - without getting the error. For a while I was doing 10 on one, then 10 on the other, back and forth, hard refreshing at the machine for my first turn on each one.

But I've recently learned that if I leave it on the page where you get the item, I can switch to another machine without hard refreshing.