Love Epidemic

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: Love Epidemic

Post by mellaka »

AngharadTy wrote:I'll just never see my body again, outside the wardrobe, which is actually kind of dumb on its own, because I have to save and re-save every time I add face items to make sure they look good on my zombie face.
Yeah, if they are going to make it so zombies can stay that way forever, I hope they eventually make the zombie base show up in the wardrobe so we can plan our HAs better.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

But no! This was a "site-wide event," not a plot! *eyeroll*
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I'm not terribly surprised that they didn't finish this event properly. Starting things and not following through seems to be a trend on Subeta lately. The trivia is almost a month old, the torrey revamp is hanging in limbo , the wardrobe only sort of works, and the news is just the recycle beast and potion lottery half the time. I was really enjoying this event and am annoyed that they let it fade away instead of giving it a proper finale.
Not all who wander are lost.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Someone did improve the wardrobe several days ago, so it doesn't seem to do that "you have no items on this layer, except you know you do, so click again and hope it loads" glitch anymore. Or less, at the very least; I was running into it every time and now I haven't seen it at all. What I mean is, we don't always see what's going on, but staff is active. I forget what's up with the Torrey exactly, but maybe that artist left and they reassigned it but have to start from scratch, or something like that.

Not that any of that is an excuse to end the event lamely, but the event stands alone; other issues don't apply.
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

No Ty, the artist is still on staff. I think she's busy with college, though.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

*headdesk*

I can't imagine why it's been allowed to just . . . fizzle out this way. There's no reward for anyone who stayed active and participated in the event, it's all just slowly faded away.

Keeping Skitter's shop open is just a huge kick in the ass to everyone who thought they were being smart by investing in those items; talk about flushing your money away. >.<

And I can't believe the skins aren't being made available. It would've been so neat had they been for sale; say, you could buy so much for each achievement you had during the epidemic. That would reward people who worked to do well during the time instead of just letting it seem like it was all for naught.

It was such a fun time. I hate to lose all of those happy feelings to the overwhelming blah that was the ending.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm another that is disappointed on how they ended things. The whole thing started out great but just seemed to run out of gas at the end. Like others, I know the rollback didn't help things. But it also gave a bit more time to come up with a bit more creative ending. And why not make the zombie skins wearable? They could make it where it's vials of the different diseases. Don't see what would be wrong with that. **sighs** Such a disappointment. But I do wonder when the celebration of surviving the outbreak will be.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Kamil wrote:Keeping Skitter's shop open is just a huge kick in the ass to everyone who thought they were being smart by investing in those items; talk about flushing your money away. >.<

That! I kept my HA a zombie far longer then I'd planned just so I could buy extras of the books and some wearables to sell later. Now that its going to stay open that doesn't seem like a very wise decision. I guess since most people aren't going to remain zombies for long it's not as bad as just leaving it open for everyone. But still!

They could have opened up another shop or stuck something in the (neglected) millionaire center that sold items to give you the diseases in all their various level glory. Keith seemed so concerned about getting people to spend money in subeta shops to help with inflation, yet he passes up this great opportunity to do so?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Seerow wrote:They could have opened up another shop or stuck something in the (neglected) millionaire center that sold items to give you the diseases in all their various level glory. Keith seemed so concerned about getting people to spend money in subeta shops to help with inflation, yet he passes up this great opportunity to do so?
That would have been sweet. Each skin for 5 million? I would have bought all of them.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Ack, don't say that. I can't afford two of all of them at that price. ;P
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

And I would buy none of them for five million. Are you kidding me? That's a ridiculous price.

But allowing them to be exchanged for so many achievements earned during the epidemic, that would reward players who, yanno, actually played during the event.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Not to mention making achievements worthwhile. I can't believe how worthless they are. *mutters*
Image Image