Love Epidemic

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Re: Love Epidemic

Post by lavender »

I got to bite 100 people. :) Took pretty much all day and last night, but I did it.
Now I'm trying to get to 50 candy hearts collected. There's no way I'll be able to get 100. Unless they shorten the timer to like, a minute.

I'm also curious how they're planning on ending this. Hopefully it won't be too anti-climatic. :P
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

It would be nifty if the number of achievements you've reached during the epidemic somehow translated into being able to buy the various disease skins in a shop of some kind. Maybe Skitters could sell them or something.

Because I will be very very sad if I lose my foot rash zombie and my new boobitis zombie selves forever. Granted, there's Skitter's Favorite Needle - it is awesome zombieness in its own right, but I'd love the other two as well. And for that matter, I'd love to be able to buy the advanced love leopard skin as well.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I agree, especially if this is a one-time event.
bluelightning

Post by bluelightning »

I only need to bite about 4 more people to get the 100 bites achevement. Was going for that by the end of today but that's looking unlikely since the site is always down. And goes down nearly everytime just before the time runs out for biting again. I did manage to get 100 hearts. I have a cure ready fto cure myself but I never got to sell the spare hearts
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

You might already know this, but if you don't want to be zombie, it looks like you'll have to buy the cure or you'll be a zombie forever, according to the irc...

<KillerCouch> so once the even is over, theoretically someone can keep the zombification forever?
<Keef> Yup.
<pieface> Sweet.
<Tammy> but I assume we have to cure ourself to make it go away?
<Keef> Yup.
covet

Post by covet »

...that's vaguely ridiculous. I'm all for making the zombie looks available as reward items for completing the plot, but not with everyone just randomly being left as zombies. It's lazy as hell, and suggests things are going to fizzle out with a whimper.

I've been waiting for some kind of finale to the plot - expected it on valentines day, although with the rollback it's good they missed out on that one, and obviously now the whole event has been extended. But some sort of proper ending where the whole of subeta gets cured is very definitely needed. Then let people get different stages of zombie outfits from some kind of reward shop, or from skitters.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

It's something we did to have a holiday to celebrate. It's not really a plot.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, "plot" has a specific meaning on a petsite, but we just don't really have a good word for the V-day stuff. "Something that happened to celebrate a holiday" is a wee bit long! ;D But it had a start, and things posted to the news, and items released alongside, so some kind of end seems natural.

For instance, after the Fireside stuff was done, there was a news post about how the big red rreign went away for another year. I assume that Skitters will close shop eventually, but he's not the focal point of the "celebration"--the HAs are. We need closure!

edit--I did my wiz quests. I kept to the same limit (30k), did about 27/30 quests, and instead of losing about 50k overall, I made about 90k. Not a hugely fantastic difference, but definitely noticeable, and it's nice that it's a gain and not a loss for the first time in ages. It seems that the upper sP payout has raised, but not the lower end. I got 39k from one quest, but I also got 555 from another. I tended to get 8-10k a lot.
Image Image
covet

Post by covet »

I just don't really know what the holiday to celebrate it will be. 'Hey-we-had-zombie-flu-last-yearmas'? This is why I expected a final plot event with a mass cure to happen on valentines day, so next year we could celebrate the 'love shower' or something that cured the whole of subeta.

I made 20k profit from my wiz quests, but i think I had more do-able ones.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Am I the only person who gets punched in the face every time I try to bite someone? Every time? It worked the very first time I tried, and that's it.
covet

Post by covet »

Just keep refreshing the bite page, Huggles. You'll get punched a lot, but eventually it goes through.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I ususally get punched a good 20-40 times before a bite gets through. :< Don't get discouraged, the refreshing really does work after a while.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

What bite page? Doesn't biting bring up a little floaty message box for you? Refreshing just refreshes the entire thread, not the little box.
Rustyblu

Post by Rustyblu »

On the bite link, open it in a new window and itll be in a page which you can refresh :D
Rah

Post by Rah »

If you right click the bite button and open it in a new tab/window you can refresh that page over and over rather than just keep pressing the bite button :)