Love Epidemic

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Love Epidemic

Post by Wingsrising »

Having given it some thought, I think I'd like to buy a few more zombie shop books, now that I've got a few outfits out of my system.

Anyone level 8 (preferably love leopard) care to bite me?

I'm 157670.

EDIT: All bitten now. Thanks, Figment! I'm surprised how much the books seem to have gone up already so I'm glad I get a chance to buy a few more. :-)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I would like to request a level 8 bite so I can get back into the zombie shop again? I only have my 'cure' and 'benefactor' achievements. So I need to get sick again to buy. I'll remove my shrunken head thingie so I can be naked and vulnerable to disease.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I got you usul princess :)

I suppose hoarding more of the zombie books would be a good idea. I got two of each - one to read to my pet and one for the reading contest. But maybe I should buy another of each to sell? Hmm. I dunno.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Thanks Lavender, but Seerow got to me about 5 minutes before you did ^_^.

level 8 zombie looks a lot more tolerant than level 8 love leprocy. All those heart eyes. *shudders* Yay for un-deadness! I wasn't sure what to hoard either, heh. But I'm seriously thinking Infected Subetas because I hoard Happy Subetas all the time. (I have about 15 in my vault for no reason.)
ImageImage

Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I broke down and healed myself the other day. I had fun with my zombie self but I was starting to miss my character and random HAs I made. So I'm back to being a boring old non zombie. I do hope they make atleast the level 8s into a wearable. That would be sweet. I also reached 50 candy hearts the other day, yay! Not really worried about reaching 100 though.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

So...am I the only one who thinks this event has gotten rather disappointing the past few days? I understand the rollback might have screwed things up a little, but... really, nothing new has come up. It's like they planned the event but didn't plan a way for it to end xD I'm sure something will come up, but I feel like it's very anticlimactic right now.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I was wondering the same thing. What happened to the story? Everything just ... fizzled. I assume the plot will "end" on the 28th or the 1st, but that's still a week away.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Human avatars

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ooh, I love your HA, Kamil! Er, I think my post was moved. :oops:

And now the Love Epidemic's over. :P
Posted by Keith

This event is over. The zombie skins will not be released as wearable items. If you want to stay a zombie (and shop from skitters in the future) feel free
I think I'm going to stay a zombie for a good long while....
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 03 Mar 2009 05:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I think it's such a ridiculous decision. Why aren't they releasing the skins? And they're really keeping the zombie shop open? So...will they be releasing new items, and anyone who doesn't want to stay a zombie forever will be screwed?

I have more irritation to express, but I'll sum it up by saying: what a stupid way to not-end the holiday.
covet

Post by covet »

God, agreed. It's almost ruined my enjoyment of the earlier part of the holiday, just because it had no decent, structured ending. I know the rollback didn't help and they had to extend things, but after getting all my biting and curing done as quickly as possible in the assumption that there would be another stage or finale the whole thing just became boring.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I agree. It kind of proves my theory that they didn't really think of a way for it to end, so they had to throw something together at the last second. It's really poor planning on their part - this holiday was turning out kickass, the first holiday they'd really tried to turn into their own, and in the end they blew it.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Dur? Close the shop and retire the items? Tons of more items get retired for next to no reason, and these at least make sense to be limited. The loss of zombification kinda sucks, but maybe they could use some as future Morostide Halloween hexes.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I will stay a "zombie" forever
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The whole pseudo-ending just makes me roll my eyes--it's pretty apparent that no ending was written to begin with, and this just seems like a rushed notion that wasn't thought out thoroughly. I was (duh) hoping really hard that they'd release the zombie skins as wearable items, because I'd need two of each, at least. Oh, well, I guess this saves me money. I'll just never see my body again, outside the wardrobe, which is actually kind of dumb on its own, because I have to save and re-save every time I add face items to make sure they look good on my zombie face.
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

....They had plenty of time to come up with a halfway decent ending. A way where everyone "wins". I agree that zombie/disease skins should be available. Even if they were only available to people who participated in the plot would make me happy. The two day rollback was indeed a setback, but no excuse to let the entire plot fall to the wayside. This is still my favorite plot of them all, despite the flub "ending". I enjoyed it a lot, and it deserved better than this.
ImageImage