Love Epidemic

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Love Epidemic

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Since this seems to be developing into its own mini plot/holiday/etc., I thought a new topic was appropriate.

Thanks to a new RE a good portion of the HAs (including mine) have been infected with one of four different "diseases." News comments from new NPC Titania have urged users to remain calm in the face of this harmless disease, but as the appearances of infected HAs grow more disturbing in the passing hours this facade is quickly slipping. Alx finally snapped and posted this on Subeta's down page (I'm it reposting here since I think it'll vanish once the site comes back up):
Oh god, oh god. Is this thing even on? *tap*

Okay, my name is Alex Rickabaugh, Subeta's programmer, and I'm leaving this message in case I don't make it, so what happened here won't be forgotten.

The strange rashes that started two days ago are spreading all over us. Oh god, it hurts. Centropolis is under absolute quarantine, we're part of the few who made it out before they blocked the gates.

The master database server has been struggling to keep up with the load as anxious citizens search for a cure, and we need to synchronize it with the backup, just in case it's overrun completely.

We're currently holed up in the server bunker, but I need to reach the master network in Centropolis to start the transfer. I don't know if I can make it... the infected are getting even more restless and violent by the hour, and my own pain just keeps growing... it's like my skin is melting.

Enough talk though... if you find this, please tell my friends what happened to me. Wish me luck, Subeta.

As always, thanks for your patience and support!
Incidentally, the masks that were handed out yesterday seem to do jack squat to prevent the infection, at least if my experience is anything to go by.

So... who here's been infected?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Love Epidemic

Post by AngharadTy »

Thanks, Officer! I kept meaning to make a topic... but I get distracted easily. And I feel weird seeing my red name on the topic listing. ;)

I have the foot rash. Anyone who knows me knows that I haaaaaaate feet, so... getting athlete's foot on Subeta was not thrilling. But stage 4 looks like it's spreading pretty well, so I'll try to be hopeful for the future.

Alx is cute.
Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I enjoyed reading the down page but I hope the site is back soon. My HA has the hearts sickness though you can barely see it because of the outfit she is wearing.

I almost liked seeing the gas masks around rather than the paper ones - kept reminding me of Doctor Who =P
covet

Post by covet »

Sigh, I hate things that spread by random events. I've been refreshing on the site all day for the last couple of days and caught squat, just like I spent days playing slots over xmas and didn't catch a single snow fairy. I'm going to be pretty annoyed if I miss out on the achievement and whatever else is set to occur just because REs hate me.

I had one last week, a lizard minion walking by with other things on it's mind. First I've seen since November, but obviously I do get the things. Just really, really rarely.

What are all four infections? I'd like the hearts one.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

covet wrote: What are all four infections? I'd like the hearts one.
Oh cool, the site is back. There's a thread with previews of them all here.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm not infected, and I'm really bummed, because I REALLY want the hearts infection =/ Really bad. Sigh.

ETA - YAY Playing Slots paid off, i got infected xD Not sure with what yet, it's taking a bit to show up... *crosses fingers*

ETA2 - Bah, its' the one that starts off as your chest bursting open. I'm really disappointed now, I had a bunch of avatars planned around the damn hearts that everyone else is getting.
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

FfffffDamn it I don't want to waste 5 million for an achievement for a cure that's probably not even going to work for me anyway! D:

..."Don't want to" of course fails to translate into "absolutely won't". :P
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I have the damned hearts, and I wish they would go away. I think they're ugly.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I am not paying 5m for an achievement when they don't do anything.

What do the "cures" do, though?
Image Image
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

The achievement cure gives you this face:

Image from Smirnoff's HA and subject to breakage.

ETA: Lovitol

The other one gives you pink eye or something.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 08 Feb 2009 04:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I ended up getting infected when the whole thing started, with the love bite one. I'm amused.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I checked the forums--I guess they're here:

http://subeta.net/forums/view/441137

I am so not paying 5m to get an item that gets used up and you can't even turn the look on and off at will. In the words of humble Monty Burns, "I'd be happier with the dollar."

edit--that's kind of tied to my fear about this whole thing--that I'll end up really liking the visuals of the final stage, and won't get to keep the effects for my own use. Or, I guess, that I'll hate mine and wish I had someone else's.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

While I haven't really been impressed with any of the names so far for the "new" holidays, Love Epidemic definitely takes the cake for the worst one so far. At least the others sounded like they could be holidays. *Shakes head*

Silly name aside, I'm rather enjoying the festivities so far. The diseases are cute for the most part, though I wish I'd gotten a different one. I got that chest-wound looking one which is the only one out of the three/four there are that I didn't want. Sorry for coughing on your Jessi and making you get it too!!

*Applauds Keith* See, releasing achievement items in the MC is a GOOD way to get money out of the economy without screwing everyone over in the process! I know I'll be buying it once I can purchase stuff from there again, and I'm sure many other people will be too.

Anyone know if that Montre guy who asks for the candy hearts for a quest type thingy is open?

Edit: Umm eww. Those cures are not very attractive looking on HAs @@ Could have done much much better. Can we get rid of them after we use the cure anyone know? I don't want to be stuck looking like that.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I can't get rid of mine... but I like it so I don't particularly care at the moment. I can see how it will be annoying for other users, though. :/

And I don't think the Montre's come back yet.
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

I kind of like the 5 mil one, but also am not going to spend that much on a one-time-use item. If we could keep it as a HA item, I'd probably consider it.

I just bought a keepsake box a few hours ago, so not much i can do anyway.