Two day site rollback

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Re: Two day site rollback

Post by lavender »

Blerg.

The treasure map piece I got in a RE is gone. I was the last thing I remember being sold from my shop - 1.5 mill. Grr.
I have to spend almost 500k more at the zombie den.
I have to get 22 more hearts for the *50* heart achievement that I had gotten. Just got a 14 minute wait on the one I just collected. ::rolls eyes::
And the best part - I have to re-bite 73 more people. Although I don't know if I'll bother...

{eta} The link for the 500 CS credits is working now. Whoot?
Last edited by lavender on 17 Feb 2009 04:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Supposedly the times for collecting Hearts and going to Skitters' shop have been changed, but I'm still getting 15-30 minutes for the Hearts and 1 hour for the shop.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Rustyblu

Post by Rustyblu »

Oops, you can't grab another candy heart yet! time: You have 0 hours 7 minutes and 56 seconds

Just got that for a heart. Might have taken a while to update? :P
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Oops, you can't grab another candy heart yet! time: You have 0 hours 0 minutes and 58 seconds

Just grabbed one about a second or two before, too. I may actually get that 100 achievement, now. \o/?

Edit: Just got another for 12 minutes. I hate how it's so random. :<
Keith

Post by Keith »

Sunwolf wrote:I really hope someone gets fired over this. It is just me, or is poor Keith a magnet for incompetent help?
I've already called and left a message for our contact at the datacenter. We were assured that it was backing up, and I'm just... tired. This has happened a lot with this place, but sadly the thing that is the most expensive part of Subeta is the servers. More than anything else. We spend tens of thousands of dollars a month, and we can't just... move somewhere else to see if it works.

We're working on it (and setup another backup method tonight via the amazon cloud) and probably going to explore other options as far as datacenters shortly. This place was nice when we first moved from enderneko because it was affordable, and the people were friendly. What we found out pretty quickly is that we're their biggest clients, and they've never really handled a site as big as Subeta before.

We're looking at a few places known for holding google servers, and things like that. Places that are experienced in working with big sites.

Le sigh.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm short 3M because of the rollback. And achievements and various other stuff. I woke up and found out that a good chunk of my weekend would have been better spent putting peas up my nose.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The 500 credits is nice! I think I'm going to save mine for the next MCT that comes out that I can't live without.
I really hope you can either find someplace more reliable that's affordable, or something is changed over at your current provider Keith.

If you allow more pet slots you'll have more then a few people who will jump at the opportunity to get more pets and buy some Plushies. Winkwinknudgenudge. /Shamless plug.

Edit:
AngharadTy wrote:I woke up and found out that a good chunk of my weekend would have been better spent putting peas up my nose.
Thanks Ty! Haven't laughed that hard all day.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
covet

Post by covet »

...Sigh. Well, luckily I was asleep all day today? I just can't remember everything I lost over the weekend, everything I need to rebuy. Those bloody candy hearts (most hated part of the plot).

I know I lost my token shop rose. Can that show up as a free gift or something so we don't have to fight to get it, again?
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Hee. You crack me up, Ty.

So. A DP or one month GA, or a MCT, or any number of the single dollar items, or . . . yeah. For that I'll be okay with losing a weekend's worth of refreshing for candy hearts and stuffs. Thanks, Keith. That's a whole lot of free you just showered around.

I still wish it hadn't happened, but I bet Keith wishes that a whole lot more than I do.

I'm pleased we're going to have more time to regain what we lost; that's nifty. And I still hope we'll be able to parlay achievements or some such into disease skin purchases once this is all over. I don't always want to be a zombie, but I also don't want to never be able to be one again, if I cure myself in order to wear bunnies and flowers.

Not that I can't wear them with my zombie self, mind. *pokes current HA* But, yanno.

Hopefully there are new and better servers out there somewhere. That too.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

500 credits is nice. I think I'll wait to use mine until next month; there may be some DPs I really love. Mystery Costume Trunks are always fun, although I'm not sure there's one that I really want right now. GA medals are 500 credits, so that seems a bit of a waste. It's too bad this didn't happen on Black Friday, when everything was half price! Although...servers crashing and losing our stuff is never a good thing, so I suppose I shouldn't wish that.

Sigh.

I'm still pretty frustrated with the site, and I've lost some of my pretty-items-collecting excitement, but I've worked my way back to a few achievements, and it shouldn't take *too* long to get the rest back. It's good to hear that they're looking into more reliable servers. They're definitely needed.
Pye

Thanks a million Subeta team. ^^

Post by Pye »

Of course the roll back was a right pain in the rear and a lot of us lost things we'd done over the weekend (lots of training and the love epidemic achievements for me) but I think the Subeta team handled as well as they could and have gone above and beyond the call of duty to the players.

The 500 cash shop credits is a lovely gesture, as if the shorter waiting times alone on the love epidemic achievements and wiz giving out a bit more weren't enough.

Thanks a million and good luck finding a better place for the servers.
I hope it all runs smoothly. ^^

Pye
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Woo, I only lost my Skitters achievement (which I just got back) so I wasn't affected that badly at all, sorry to those who were. :(
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I must say I quiet like the free 500 credits. It is a nice gesture and I thank them for it. It's a good idea too. People can now get gold accounts if they wish (much better then just getting a free week) or they can use it on a number of things. Now what to use mine on. **strokes chin**
I'm also happy on the shorten time and wiz giving a bit more money for awhile. All good gestures to help people feel better about the whole thing.
I also wish the best of luck on finding better servers.

And Ty, your comment made me instantly think of my brother. He loved putting peas up his nose. Got one stuck up there once. Had to take him to the ER to get it out. Or was that the silly putty in the ear that we had to go to the ER for. Hmmmm. All in all, good times.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Aw, thank you Keith. That was a nice gesture. :) For the most part, I like to let my credits pile up so I can concentrate on pet slots. 500 CSC is a good chunk in the right direction.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

AW, man. I just realized that I sold a RainyDay Nebula Necklace for almost 3m... and it's now back in my shop again. Poopy!

Hoping that another rollback doesn't happen anytime soon, I've actually been working towards the Heart Collector and Biting achievements all morning when I didn't even try before today. I have made great progress and am almost done with the biting one, at least.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage