Subeta downtime, database problem

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Iggy

Re: Subeta downtime, database problem

Post by Iggy »

Actually, it's my fault. Somehow.

I made a topic about SQLs. With threats. And, it killed the database.

*Seriously not kidding.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Maybe the sqls just don't like holiday events. :< They're all party poopers.

At the same time, I'm kinda glad the site is down right now. I have a research paper due tomorrow (how many times have you guys heard that from me over the past week), and it's been Subeta that has pretty much kept me from working on it because of all this dancing (interweb games are more important than college, lulz). I have to write at least five more pages for this thing, and none of my info has been researched already. Now I have nothing to do but concentrate on the dumb thing.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

And... we appear to be back (with no rollback).
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I am honestly quite shocked that we did not have a rollback, and very very happy about it :D But yay, welcome back site!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/subeta.net/include/class/logger.php on line 13
At the top of every page (and messing with my layout, too). Only on subeta.net, apparently, not subeta.ws. Y'know, it's just not really reassuring. Especially if it has something to do with logging our actions, which seems likely, or at least possible. I'm just gonna go away for a while.
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, Subeta could be awesome. And it's nice to know the people running it really are trying to make it so.

But I'm still just casually watching from a distance. I don't feel like investing any time or energy in it, and I guess that's kept me at a level of "temporary apathy" instead of "raging frustration." And until things stabilize a bit, it's probably a good thing.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

well, I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but Subeta is lagging something awful for me today - I can hardly dance, since it takes anywhere up to 5 minutes for a page to fully load. That certainly doesn't seem to mean good things are on their way.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I find it's running fine for me. But my wife on her labtop is finding it laggy. So maybe it's a person to person thing?

Well I'm so happy there was no rollback. That's a relief. I must say I'm glad I was gone most of the day when this happen. Yay for doctor appointments and shopping, heh. ^-^'
I agree with what Ty says. It can be such a great site. Hopefully they can work through the kinks that's holding it back so it can really blossom. But till then, I'll stick with it (just like I did with Neopets in the past, remember all that down time, heh). I'm to addicted to it to just stop playing. I find the fun times out weigh the bad times for me.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

So, my "friends online" function has been broken for a while now. Unless Klaatu and Kamil really have spent hours upon hours online, and no one else. Is it just me?
Image Image