Holiday Shop rant

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Holiday Shop rant

Post by Seerow »

What about minions? Food? Toys? Plushies?
There were tons of the above and more released for Valentines that are now several hundred thousand to several million sp, and they didn't get much below that throughout the event.

Having wearable vend in OD is good, but staff shouldn't just forget about the myriad of other items released either.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I wanted to grab a puppy love (I'm not sure of the exact rarity, but it wasn't high), but they didn't drop below 2 mil even while they were stocking. They're well above that now... and they are far from the only Valentines items that stayed high-priced. Wearables might be the most-wanted category of items on the site, but they're far from being all we care about.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Two of the I-Love-You (pet type) Plushies are hovering between 20-30 mil - and they never dropped below about 15 mil when they were NOT retired. That's kind of a sign that this current system isn't working so well. I love how Keith doesn't think the average user should have more than - what was it, 1.7 mil or something? But like I said, this makes me want to sit on my SP more, not run out and spend it - because if I DID have 1.7 mil, I'd be able to afford practically nothing on this site, even more than I already can't afford anything x_x
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Alright, now, why do they have a holiday shop in the first place? I mean, the only holiday shops we have here on 'Earth' are spirit shops during Halloween for costumes and special Christmas boutiques for artsy crafts. Every other holiday gets shoved into the back of a Wal-Mart or Target. I would love specific holiday stores like a Spirit store, but the Holiday shop has run its course for me. I never buy holiday items from there, and don't plan to soon. It's a hassle.

As for the vending machine idea... I LOVE IT!
Keith

Post by Keith »

Sunwolf wrote:I've always thought that a vending machine just for holiday stuff would help a ton. I watch and wait for "common" items to dip below a million, and often they never do.
That's not a bad idea.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Check the news, guys -- we can now vend items from the Holiday Shop! Thanks, Keith. This is great. :)
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Two of the I-Love-You (pet type) Plushies are hovering between 20-30 mil - and they never dropped below about 15 mil when they were NOT retired.
...I got one of each for less than 1.5M each. Montre was the worst, at 1.5M.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Well, then I must not have been looking at the right time - because I checked their prices pretty frequently. And within the same day they were retired, they were both 25 mil.

And yay, vendable holiday stuff - about freaking time. Too bad it wasn't in time for Valentine's xD
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Hmm, I was checking the prices pretty regularly, particularly since the Montre was my favorite and one of the few I never saw restock in the holiday shop. (I got pretty lucky with most of them.) And I'm fairly sure I never saw the price dip that low...I think it was hovering around 6-7 million most of the time. Anyway, it was a price I wasn't willing to pay, and of course now it's much more.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Well, then I must not have been looking at the right time - because I checked their prices pretty frequently. And within the same day they were retired, they were both 25 mil.­
I got the Montre one last, three days before retirement. I checked often, almost daily, because I didn't want to be caught with an incomplete set. I got Dragarth for around 800K-900K as well.

I did, however, forget to buy the Rosebands set. For people that missed on these, I got a full set for below...5M. If I counted right.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Iggy wrote: I did, however, forget to buy the Rosebands set. For people that missed on these, I got a full set for below...5M. If I counted right.
A lot of the Rosebands did vend in OD so they got pretty cheap at one point. I know because I sold a bunch that I vended.

But yay for the vending change. Thanks Keith.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I got them today, actually. :) Didn't want to wait until next year, by fear of seeing them go back to 3.5M a piece.

Cheapest is under 100K, most expensive is 1.5M
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Wow, thanks for changing the vending machines around a bit Keith! That's an unexpected and nice surprise.

Edit: For the record, I never saw prices on the plushies that low. I bought many of them for multiple millions, I think 5.5 mill for the Montre as the most expensive.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Cranberry wrote:Check the news, guys -- we can now vend items from the Holiday Shop! Thanks, Keith. This is great. :)
ASAFASK. This is the best news I've ever, ever seen on Subeta <3 I was recently thinking of giving up my Holiday Gallery, as it was becoming too difficult to keep up. Now I have a chance! :D
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I never saw the prices on the plushies go that low either. And I too checked manically, because I wanted them, but was totally unwilling to pay in the multiple millions for items with rarities that low.

But yay, hopefully they'll be unretired next year and I can vend them then. =D

Thanks for the change, Keith; it's appreciated.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.