April 2009 DP

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: April 2009 DP

Post by Wingsrising »

I like the thunderstorm. The fact that it doesn't go over clothes doesn't bother me so much: mini-me's skin tone is light enough you can't see the rain over her skin, either, and I have the autumn rain if I really want foreground rain.

I wonder what bottled background we'll be getting for summer and fall?

The dagger is interesting but I agree with Ty's assessment about it's almost complete uselessness as an actual wearable. I don't think I like the item art well enough to get it for Duskfeather's sword collection for its likely price, either. I mean, it's pretty, but I don't know that it's pretty enough that I want to pay real money for, not with all those promised redone costume trunks hopefully coming up.

I'm torn about the bow, too... I have a pet that collects bows, but I'm not sure I want to pay real money for one. Again, it's pretty, but I'm not sure it's THAT pretty. I'll have to think about it... I mean, I bought her Risen, this is small potatoes in comparison!
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

It'd be interesting if they could set an item to give you two wearables rather than just one - it could fix the problem of things that show in both the foreground and background *wondered about the dagger as well for that reason*. I guess it'd have to be made somehow that if you removed one from the wardrobe it'd remove both though. Just a random thought..

*not grabby-hands at any of the items this month, though kind of likes the wearable thunderstorm* May get that one.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

It's a problem that a LOT of cloaks, coats, and robes have as well: they either show between the legs (so that they can't be worn over skirts) or they DON'T show between the legs (my preference, but it does mean that if you look too closely they look odd with pants).
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

I think the wig looks like tentacles to me because of how the pieces of hair are so very separate and how ends have such a defined shape, not wispy but kind of bulbous. I said the same to my housemate earlier and she didn't see it either. I'm also lacking sleep and have an overactive imagination, both of which probably contribute to this tentacle conclusion greatly.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Wingsrising wrote:I wonder what bottled background we'll be getting for summer and fall?
It wasn't a background, but I believe the "Bottled Autumn Wind" was what started all of this :3 So that probably counted as the Autumn item.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Ooooo, such a nice batch this month.
I just love the diamond wig. My wife loves it even more, it fits one of her characters to a tea. I'm trying to decide if I really want it myself or not.
I'm so happy to see a dragon of spring. A must get for me. I already have the dragon of autumn. Now one thing I'm bummed about and I was waiting to see. Where is the dragon of winter? I really hopeing for a whole set, like with the horses.
The legicia plushie is so pretty. I'm quite tempted to get it. Trying to decide how much I really want it.
The thunderstorm is such a pretty background. Another one I'm thinking about grabbing. And I'm not real bothered by the layering of it myself. Now with the dagger I'm bummed about. I like the butterflies and daisies but not the dagger itself. And the daisy headset, like someone else stated, won't work with any hair. Such a let down on that one. The other things are nice but not a must get for me. Nice job this month!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel