April 2009 DP

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

April 2009 DP

Post by Mayhem »

Image Gladeling
Image Dragon of Spring
Image How to Play a Smart Joke
Image Diamond Encrusted Legeica Plushie
Image Bottled Spring Thunderstorm
Spoiler: open/close
Image Rainy Day Warador Plushie
Image Diamond Circlet
Image Green Wedge Shoes
Image Avrils Dagger
Image Image
Female/Male
Image Diamond Encrusted Bow
I'll need that bow for Zijine and then other than that, my only "need to have" would be that bottled thunderstorm.

Not too bad this month.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
klaatu99

Re: April 2009 DP

Post by klaatu99 »

I need the dragon of spring at the very least. I wonder if I'll be able to trade the unopened DP from january in my vault for it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I love the Gladeling a strange amount. I can't quite explain it. I may have to get one. The Dragon of Spring and the Legeica Plushie thing are really cute, too. The Green Wedge Shoes look very feminine and cute--I don't need them, but I admire any artist who can make the HA's feet look little and cute.

Bottled Spring Thunderstorm and Avrils Dagger are both lovely wearables with... some issues. The dagger will only look flawless against a bald head, I guess. If you use hair to cover up the blueness, then you also cover up the daisies. Maybe it'd work all right with dark hair, where you wouldn't see the blueness as much? Hmm. I'll just skip it. Pretty, but flawed.

The Thunderstorm is gorgeous. Also flawed. Perhaps less so? Hopefully? I understand that it's raining and the rain goes over the body as well as the background... but that just means clothes go over the layer and the skin shows with raindrops. I guess it's subtle. And hell, I use that petri dish a lot lately anyway. Maybe I should get this for being gorgeous and ignore the fairly minor layering issue. I really miss the thunderstorms from the Midwest (one of the very few things I miss from Nebraska, haha).
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I see what you're talking about, Ty, though I'm not sure how that 'flaw' could have been avoided, unless you completely remove any rain from showing up on the avatar at all? Either way, I love it for the same reasons as you xD I adore thunderstorms. We had an amazing one two nights ago - definitely need to get my hands on that item.

Other than that I don't need too much this month - except that wig, which is absolutely perfect for one of my characters. And maybe the shoes, because they're really, really adorable and done really well for an avatar base that has amazingly big cankles.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

It's just a problem any time an item is both foreground and background. But it could have been a thunderstorm in the distance, perhaps. The winter snowstorm item doesn't cover the body, does it? And it doesn't look bizarre that way. Of course, there are a couple ways to add snow as a foreground--maybe this new thunderstorm item could have been combined with, say, the autumn rain one? Two items just makes more sense than smooshing foreground with background in one.

It's still cool and I want it, but... 250 credits? Many millions of sP? Hmmm.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Gah, I need most of the items this month! Gladeling, Dragon of Spring, Diamond Encrusted Legeica Plushie, Bottled Spring Thunderstorm, Diamond Circlet, and maybe the shoes.
Such a great month of DP!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I'm definitely getting the dragon, thunderstorm, circlet, and shoes. I can't decide whether or not I also want the dagger and the bow. I guess I'll have to see how money goes this month. :<
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

It's my birthday month and I think I need them all =/
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Dammit! I need . . . everything! Excellent batch this month! But no bunnies? :(

I would like Avrils Dagger much better if it was broken into separate items - one for the butterflies, one for the hair flowers, and one for the dagger. It's going to be very hard to work with as is. And who is Avril? A person, or a new holiday, perhaps? If it is, then it's the lamest one ever - a misspelling of "April" that celebrates spring? Bah.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Avril is french for April.
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

I may have to have the tentacle hair because... well... it's tentacle hair and very well drawn. I need more white hair anyway since my profile background is black.

The bow is also amazing but I can't imagine when I'll use it. I'm sure I'll regret this decision in future months. Love the book too. If DPs were still random, I'd have probably picked it up when it got relatively cheap.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Okay, I must be missing something, 'cause... tentacles? What?
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Diamonds were once thought to be pieces of falling stars. This one is set in an exquisite circlet headpiece, and it does seem to have an otherworldliness to it.
My first thought, after oohh pretty!, was that it looked like tentacles too even before reading the description.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I don't think it looks like tentacles at all xD I really love how it flows.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I guess I see it as locks of hair. And I don't really get anything tentacly from the description, unless it's something like R'lyeh = otherworld? ;)
Image Image