Easter on Subeta

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Bacon

Easter on Subeta

Post by Bacon »

It's going to start soon, as it is less than a week until Easter. Usually, the festivities have begun before now, but...maybe they have some fun up their sleeves.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Re: Easter on Subeta

Post by Sunwolf »

From Keith:
"I wonder how many of these topics I'll have to reply to today... I guess people can't search the forums.

We aren't doing real world holidays anymore. You didn't notice Mardi Gras or St. Patricks day, because they don't exist on Subeta. Same as we didn't celebrate Christmas or Halloween.

We are making our own holidays, and we will try to incorporate ones that we've celebrated in the past (including easter) into our new holidays. If you don't see easter items tomorrow, don't be surprised. We may have something in store for them in a couple of weeks, or even a month."

Aww, that's sad. It looks like we're not even getting an Easter-like holiday at all :( I just hope that all those Easter Tickets I hoarded aren't going to be worthless.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

No, we celebrated Morroween and Interdimensional Wintery Gift Giving Day. I think. I can't quite remember. Perhaps there should be a calendar somewhere to let us know in advance what new holidays there will be. That way, we can plan to participate instead of finding out that last tuesday was the anniversary of Calvin Blackmoon's first tooth, which happened to be delivered to him inside of a plastic egg by a robotic bunny kanis.

Yay, rambling!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I don't think it's too much to expect to have a Subeta-form of Easter when we already had Easter on Subeta in previous years. I also have easter tickets. Hopefully, whatever gets incorporated into Subetaholidayland uses them, hehe.

And I did definitely notice Mardi Gras, but then the Masquerade came out and I just figured it was a late celebration. Which is rather supported by that whole thing where mardi gras masks worked and halloween masks didn't.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I can't honestly say that I'm surprised. :/ I didn't think Subeta would put us up to another month-long event so soon after the masquerade. And even then, we really haven't been getting any special Easter items.

But really, they can't say that they don't celebrate real world holidays, when we have Morostide and Luminaire, which are pretty much the same as in life only a whole month long. And there's also Keelholiday, Alegarten, and Fireside. Maybe it's just me and where I live, but people don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day or Mardi Gras or other smaller holidays like that, unless it's "Oh, happy Whateverholidayitis." Thus, I wouldn't expect Subeta to. I'm glad that Subeta is branching out, but it just doesn't seem right when they have "oh, we don't celebrate real holidays" as an excuse for not celebrating Easter, when we already have counterparts to most (or all, I can't remember right now, it's too early) of the main calendar holidays.

Gah. It's obviously too early for me to be thinking. I may come back to this later and ammend it.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

I love how Keith is shocked, just shocked, that this idea still isn't hugely popular. He's been replying to several boards, and today he made a new journal entry defending Subeta-only holidays. Of course the sheeple have been mostly following along, shouting down anyone who doesn't worship at the Keith altar, calling them "ungrateful" and telling them that if they don't like it, they can GTFO Subeta. The thread "Top 5 Reasons Why I Like Subeta Only Holidays!" (made by a Subeta artist, of course) is just full of people falling over themselves to make Keith and the artists feel better.

Bah. I just remember last year how we were buried in bunnies, how fun the Easter Egg game was, and hoping that the ridiculously expensive and rare Bunny Cupcakes would stock again. To go from that to nada is hard and is going to get some grumbling. At least Alx wished us a "Happy Easter."

The main reason for switching to Subeta-only holidays was that the artists were feeling overwhelmed and neglecting pets and so on in favor of holiday items, yes? Well, the same thing seems to be happening with these Subeta-only holidays - oodles of items for the holiday, very few other items and pets.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Keith

Post by Keith »

The main reason for switching to Subeta-only holidays was that the artists were feeling overwhelmed and neglecting pets and so on in favor of holiday items, yes? Well, the same thing seems to be happening with these Subeta-only holidays - oodles of items for the holiday, very few other items and pets.
I'm not sure where you got that reasoning from, because that was one of the many reasons that we moved away from real world holidays, not the definitive reason.

Regardless, if you read those threads, and my replies, I'm fairly sure in every single one I mentioned that we do have something easter-'ish' planned to incorporate in the future, I even gave a figure of a couple of weeks to a month.
Of course the sheeple have been mostly following along, shouting down anyone who doesn't worship at the Keith altar, calling them "ungrateful" and telling them that if they don't like it, they can GTFO Subeta. The thread "Top 5 Reasons Why I Like Subeta Only Holidays!" (made by a Subeta artist, of course) is just full of people falling over themselves to make Keith and the artists feel better.
But you can stand up for yourself on a completely separate site!! ;) I replied to all of the boards on Subeta (and there were a lot) where people complained about the lack of Easter. I'm not sure where you've seen all of these sheep but there were plenty of people who voiced their opinion against the whole change.
Last edited by Keith on 13 Apr 2009 09:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I don't really agree with your statement about the "sheeple" Sunwolf. I agree with Keith about people who join together in a complaint can be sheep too, not just those on the opposing side.
For a refreshing change, there are actually very few posts that are flamey in nature on the myriad of Easter complaint threads, even staff are behaving themselves! I'm sure it's tiresome for Keith to have to keep posting the same thing over and over on the dozens of Easter threads that cropped up the past few days and he's been rather mature in all of his responses, especially when so many people (me included) are resistant to change.

While the journal entry was nice to read and such, I wish (yet again) that it had been a news post so more people could have gotten it. How many newer members, who were the main target of the journal entry I would imagine as they don't know Subeta doesn't celebrate actual holidays, even know Keith has a journal and reads it often/subscribe to it?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Keith

Post by Keith »

The thing I hate about news posts though, is that they go away. Will we have to repost it again in a week, when we've got a couple thousand new users who aren't aware of the holiday change? We did make a news post about it when we decided that's what we were going to do.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Well, posting again and also having a link to your journal attached and saying that users should subscribe to it to get updates couldn't hurt. It would give newer users a chance to see that you have a journal and learn why we aren't celebrating.

But yes, you probably will sadly have to make a few more newsposts regarding holidays and the such especially when a big one approaches. Until a calendar can be made at the end of the year (or in August?) about when holidays are celebrated and stuff, users are still going to want to know why so-and-so holiday aren't being celebrated.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.