Spring Plot/Event

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Spring Plot/Event

Post by Mayhem »

All hard working people of Subeta need a vacation sometimes, and [Emma] is no exception. After much planning, excitement and packing, she is finally ready to leave. Therefore, Seedlings has closed temporarily. Where could she be going?
"Just left Riverside, journey in progress. Somewhere just Northwest. Light rain soaked map - Should have wrapped in plastic. Saw Galatonis Gandicans (Common Melix Flower), first of spring? Said to be a sign of good luck!

Sunset in 1 hour, should find place to setup camp. Next to river - Bath for me in the morning! Picked wild mint earlier, should go nicely with dinner."
New plot/event going on, I figured I'd create a thread for it.

Personally, I'm really hoping for new, updated gardens to come out of this - and maybe a new area on the map!
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Spring Plot/Event

Post by Seerow »

I'm just really really hoping it's that Spring/Easter event we were promised, as it seems like the general opinion on the Forums is. Wonder if it will go into full swing tomorrow, as don't these things typically like to start on a Friday? The art on the book and away sign are really really pretty though while we wait!

And maybe some revamped flowers will come out of this, as a lot of them could use updating. *Is excited*
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cardale

Post by Cardale »

Yey. I can't wait to see what happens.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Sweet, a plot! I mean, ahem, a "sitewide event." Seems interesting so far. Gardens has errors that needed fixing for quite a while. I'd love to plant Shytake Spores and the other broken ones again ^^ I admit, I was kind of disappointed when all those new fruits were released and they bypassed Gardens completely. I would love it if certain foods and minions were phased out of the Food Market, and you had to grow them to get them. It would make Subeta more unique.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I'm interested to see what happens with this event. Given Subetas habit of not finishing these things properly, it's hard to get excited. Maybe the third time will be a charm? I've never tried my hand at gardening so that could be fun or maybe Emma will discover a new plant themed land :P
Not all who wander are lost.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

Farseek wrote:I'm interested to see what happens with this event. Given Subetas habit of not finishing these things properly, it's hard to get excited. Maybe the third time will be a charm? I've never tried my hand at gardening so that could be fun or maybe Emma will discover a new plant themed land :P
Oh, the plot definitely has a conclusion! :)
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

So... Is there anything to do yet, with this plot, or are we just waiting?

So far, shows promise though. A fun idea, although she seems to have found her flower rather quickly. Not much adventure yet. I want to see pretty flower art.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

No interactivity yet... but there needs to be some soon, because a plot is NO FUN AT ALL on a site such as subeta if all you can do is read about it...
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I'm just happy it stars Emma and flowers. I really like flowers. I mean. No I don't. I like skulls and ninjas and smashing things! Now excuse me while I go play Okami on my peony covered bed.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Ink on map bled, little lost. Still following the river, so going northwest, at least. Haven't explained journey - Maybe should:
Looking for Lilium Sanguinea, Blood Lily, believed to be extinct. Aside from beauty, has fantastic healing properties. Recent topographical study of the area lists possible sighting at headwaters of Peka River.
Must make more progress before nightfall, more later.
——————————————————
Evening, now. Made it to the headwaters. river seems to come from a cave system. Poked in for a few minutes - Expansive caverns. No Blood Lily in sight, but will do more thorough search in morning.

Explorations this morning went well, found two samples of Blood Lily, both mature. Did not harvest. Decided to check into cave system for further samples.
——————————————————
Following river through caves. Very dark and creepy, grateful for flashlight, must thank Nico. Found several more immature samples. Harvested a pair for cultivation trials back at the gardens.
Seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel, literally. Will continue in that direction.
——————————————————
Followed tunnel, came out into a beautiful hidden glade. Blood Lily everywhere. Also found Coral Thistle, and Stinging Aster - Both very rare! Collected samples of all.
Source of river seems to be a spring that bubbles up from the ground. Water is very crisp - Feel so much more in tune with nature after drinking from it.
Day is drawing to a close. So much more exploring to do tomorrow. Now, dinner and bed.

Awoke to a wild chai bathing in the spring, appeared to be field colored - Possibly a lost or abandoned pet? Moving startled it away, but noticed that plants had started to take root in its fur. Sad.
——————————————————
Many different species seem to call this area home. Spotted an antlephore, then shortly after, a kanis. Both field? Very odd. Both also had growth in their fur.
Side effect of local plant life? More investigation needed. Collected soil and water samples for further analysis.

are you pondering what I'm pondering?

BOTANICALS?
ASDFGHJKL!
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Hell yes!

Augh, I don't have any free pet slots. D:
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

HOLY CRAP. This is becoming so, so cool. The #1 thing that I love about Mistipets is their Overgrowth color.

I've always wanted an Antlephore with huge, branching antlers, and flowers and vines and so on. Hmm . . .
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Whoot, I wasn't the only one thinking it :D Ditto Sunwolf, my favorite thing about Misticpets is indeed their Overgrowth color. If I can get that on Subeta I think I'll be in pet-site heaven.

Soooo excited to see if it is indeed a new color. If not, I think I'll be far too disappointed.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
C. Dagger

Post by C. Dagger »

Sunwolf wrote:HOLY CRAP. This is becoming so, so cool. The #1 thing that I love about Mistipets is their Overgrowth color.

I've always wanted an Antlephore with huge, branching antlers, and flowers and vines and so on. Hmm . . .

Me too! I could never really get into Misticpets, but I LOVED the Overgrowth color.

I'm so so excited, I even have a pet ready for a new color. I hope the Celinox has trees branching out of its back. ♥
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Well, this leading up to a new color would explain the lack of audience participation up to this point, wouldn't it.

I'll be interested to see the new colors, as I can always repaint someone, I suppose. After my beloved reborn Kumos was destroyed, I don't think I'll ever be interested in shelling out real money, as tight as it is these days, for room for a new color that could just as easily be ruined sometime down the road. But. Like I said, I can always repaint someone, if a new color strikes my fancy.

*waves hand* Carry on, chaps. So far so good.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.